Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 07:16 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I had this back & forth with another member here, do a search.

So, nothing, got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 07:17 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Don't feed the trolls.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Don't feed the trolls.

I agree, you should delete your account.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This is funny^^^^, and what are they (dems) basing their argument off of? Rainbow farting unicorns and fairy dust? If I get the un-redacted report I know I will find something the 19 lawyers and all those other agents could not find...I know I can, I know I can, I know I can....
What are you talking about? The Congressional Democrats have never stated that they would find anything in particular. Maybe they find something, maybe they find nothing. The point is that proper oversight requires full disclosure of investigatory reports such as the Mueller report within the confines of the law.

Mueller's report found a comprehensive attempt by a foreign power to interfere with our elections, hundreds of contacts between Trump's campaign and that power, and 11 instances where the President personally acted in a manner that many prosecutors agree would have resulted in a multiple count felony indictment for obstruction of justice but for a sitting President's procedural protection under the OLC guidelines. I can't think of why any American would not want full disclosure of that report.

I like governmental transparency. So did my fellow Republicans until many decided to rubbish their conservative credentials to worship at the altar of a snake-oil salesman.

Last edited by TEPLimey; 05-09-2019 at 08:13 AM..

Old 05-09-2019, 07:30 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
What are you talking about? The Congressional Democrats have never stated that they would find anything in particular. Maybe they find something, maybe they find nothing. The point is that proper oversight requires full disclosure of investigatory reports such as the Mueller report within the confines of the law.

Mueller's report found a comprehensive attempt by a foreign power to interfere with our elections, hundred s of contacts between Trump's campaign and that power, and 11 instances where the President personally acted in a manner that many prosecutors agree would have resulted in a multiple count felony indictment for obstruction of justice but for a sitting President's procedural protection under the OLC guidelines. I can't think of why any American would not want full disclosure of that report.

I like governmental transparency. So did my fellow Republicans until many decided to rubbish their conservative credentials to worship at the altar of a snake-oil salesman.
Nailed it.

Why have Republicans decided that covering up Russian interference in our affairs is a worthwhile endeavor. What do they get out of it?

Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nailed it.

Why have Republicans decided that covering up Russian interference in our affairs is a worthwhile endeavor. What do they get out of it?
I thought we just spent 2 years, $35 Million, 20 Lawyers, 40 FBI agents and a Special Investigation.

Where's the coverup?

Are you blind or just not paying attention the last 3 years ?

Old 05-09-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I thought we just spent 2 years, $35 Million, 20 Lawyers, 40 FBI agents and a Special Investigation.

Where's the coverup?

Agreed, and some people think that "oversight" means they can start another investigation.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Where's the coverup?

Wouldn't you like to see the complete results of that 2 year, $35 million, 20 lawyer and 40 FBI agent Special Investigation? Don't you think you are entitled to it as a taxpayer and an American? And, given that Congress has the Constitutional duty to provide oversight, don't you think they are entitled to see the complete result of the investigation?

And, perhaps more importantly, since the Executive has made the decision that only Congress can take remedial action against a sitting President (who cannot be indicted by the DoJ), don't you think its important that Congress be provided with all of the underlying evidence of such an investigation so they can fulfill that role?

Sunlight is the best disinfectant. Lets have governmental transparency all around.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:18 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Wouldn't you like to see the complete results of that 2 year, $35 million, 20 lawyer and 40 FBI agent Special Investigation? Don't you think you are entitled to it as a taxpayer and an American? And, given that Congress has the Constitutional duty to provide oversight, don't you think they are entitled to see the complete result of the investigation?

And, perhaps more importantly, since the Executive has made the decision that only Congress can take remedial action against a sitting President (who cannot be indicted by the DoJ), don't you think its important that Congress be provided with all of the underlying evidence of such an investigation so they can fulfill that role?

Sunlight is the best disinfectant. Lets have governmental transparency all around.
I'd like to see what complete results.

So would Congress.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:27 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'd like to see what complete results.

So would Congress.
Nadler can see it whenever he wants

What is stopping him?

You’re not seeing the grand jury material though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies