Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,215,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Let's go!

1) It's the economy, stupid! Record-low unemployment, strong economic growth, roaring stock market. As long as we are around a similar point in 18 months from now, he's in.

2) Priority given to illegal aliens. Tax-paying, law-abiding Americans - particular those in the working and lower-middle classes (which is the majority of voters) - are fed up with liberals caring more about the interests of illegals than American citizens. That became even more painfully obvious with Biden's recent promise to give illegal aliens American medical care, when many middle-income earners can't afford the care they need due to Obama's awful ACA. (Someone needs to tell Biden illegals can't vote, so why is he pandering to them?)

3) Speaking of pandering....the Democrats' bribes to voters. The current crop of leftist Democratic hopefuls are shamelessly trying to buy votes with their promise of free college! reparations! reduced rents! guaranteed living income for non-workers!, etc., etc. Only the people at the bottom quarter, who would be getting the free stuff, will fall for it - and guess what? They don't even show up at the polls.

4) The venom liberals spew toward conservatives. Liberals are concentrated on the coasts, but the rest of America is tired of being called racist, brown shirts, neo-Nazis, xenophobes, or idiots simply because they wouldn't vote for the Democrat and are opposed to the tens of thousands of unskilled, uneducated, illegal aliens flooding the border every month. This will energize the biggest voting bloc in the country to turn out at the polls.

Anybody else care to contribute?

The above list could go on. I heard a talking head call the current rendition of the Democrat party evil. In its defense, I guess you could say its their leadership that are the bad guys but how does that explain Hollywood, academia, national media and anyone, despite all that has happen, that are still Democrats.

I will be truthful. Democrats scare me.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
The ford election/re-election is nit-picking. Ford was already President and seeking a second term in office.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
The above list could go on. I heard a talking head call the current rendition of the Democrat party evil. In its defense, I guess you could say its their leadership that are the bad guys but how does that explain Hollywood, academia, national media and anyone, despite all that has happen, that are still Democrats.

I will be truthful. Democrats scare me.
As a Jew, I will be afraid to say I support Israel (if Dems win). The venom they spew at an Israel-supporting Jew is unbelievable. I've even been called a Nazi supporter.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
So if DJT "wins," again, with the help of foreign nations chipping away at our democracy, he "wins," we Americans, lose again.
There are no foreign nations chipping away at our democracy but those south of our border certainly are chipping away our sovereign borders. We law abiding Americans are certainly going lose on that one.

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-13-2019 at 08:38 AM..

Old 05-13-2019, 08:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, and you missed that that was part of Obama's plan.

Face it, the election is decided by a relative few in a relatively few states. All Obama needed to do was make health care so expensive for middle earners (by skyrocketing Obamacare premiums) that the only way they could afford medical care was to go onto a Democrat subsidy program. (All Alinsky.)

Take, for example, a self-supporting Republican plodding along earning $45,000. Things are tight, but they are able to afford a $400 a month health care premium. NOW, devise an entitlement plan that drives their premium up to $900 a month, but tell them that they qualify for a Democrat plan that will let them pay only $150 a month. The Democrat has trapped them.

Now, it can be a relative few. Let's say only 5% of Republicans fit into this scenario. The Dems have "tuned" 5% of the opposing voters into Dems. That's all it takes to win the election.
OK Rachel, post the Republican health care plan. You know, the one that replaced Obamacare and is so superior to it. I'll wait. Of course, I might be a corpse before you post a link, because IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:42 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Honestly, too early for anything because we don't know who the candidate is and what their focus will be for the Dems.

But Real Clear politics has two polls with Trump vs. Biden in Michigan -- Biden is up by 10 points. (average of two polls)

One poll in Pennsylvania -- Emerson -- Biden up by 10 points.
One poll in Wisconsin - Emerson -- Biden up by 8 points.

Keep in mind -- Biden isn't even the official candidate yet.

And it doesn't matter if you devout, loyal Republican/Trump fans don't think Biden is good, worthy, etc. You aren't going to be the ones that make a difference in the next election.

Same with the fact that the devout, loyal Democrat/Trump critic isn't going to be the ones on the other side to win it.

It's the one in between. the real moderates.
I love polls. But becareful with polls. Polls said Hillary would win but she ended up loosing.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:44 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,424,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Take a look at pictures taken of Trump inside the 'control room' on election night when he first realized he was going to win.

He had a 'deer in headlights' look on his face.

I think that is because he thought there was no way in H E double toothpicks that he was going to win, and I think he may not have wanted to win. I think he figured his mouth could 'write any proverbial checks' (your quotes above represent a few), and that he would never have to worry about 'those checks being cashed' (would never have to deliver) because there was no chance he would win.

He deserves the scorn from posts like yours because he recklessly left himself open to them.

I saw this. A realization of what am I going to do now. He never intended to win, it was all for attention and publicity for the Trump name. He's been winging it ever since.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Most of them aren’t stupid. They are single issue voters (or maybe a few issues) and they can ignore his faults because they support him on those issues. Abortion probably take the cake.
I'd rather they were stupid than see them vote for someone as objectively horrid as he is (in this role, he might be peaches and cream to his friends and family) and then support him vehemently.

I actually mind people less who say "I think he's a jackass, but I like that he's supporting (whatever thing) so I vote for him."

At least it's honest.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:48 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,339,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
So if DJT "wins," again, with the help of foreign nations chipping away at our democracy, he "wins," we Americans, lose again.
Make Russia Great again

Old 05-13-2019, 09:05 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Except that the ACA would have been repealed if not for McCain's 'no' vote, even though he was reelected on his campaign promise to repeal it. McCain hated Trump. Like Ahab hated Moby Dick, and with his last dying act McCain spit at Trump with that vote.
There is a difference between repealing ACA and replacing ACA. The Rs originally tried an almost straight repeal which lost about a half dozen votes- Alexander, Capito, Collins, Heller, McCain, Murkowski, and Portman. Then they tried to do that 'skinny repeal' which basically left ACA but abolished the mandate that was its basis- they already had lost Murkowski and Collins but were apparently too dense to count their votes. So they lost three total when McCain joined. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that McCain was actually providing cover for other members who needed the repeal vote to make it through primaries but also needed it to not pass to stay safe in a general.

Ironically this all very topical because the main focus of Dem efforts in 2018 was to hammer away at healthcare as their uniting message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies