Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 02:03 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed. Trump said those criticisms before he was sworn in, rash statements made by someone who had never stood in the president's shoes before. But once he was sworn in, and the pressures of office came to bear, he realized how much golf can serve many purposes as president; one of them being to unwind, relax and recharge your batteries.
This is very true. Which is why I will not hold playing golf or other sport against a sitting president.
There are many things said from the sidelines, but once you are in that position and you have to physically deal with it, it takes on a whole new meaning.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:09 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
This is very true. Which is why I will not hold playing golf or other sport against a sitting president.
There are many things said from the sidelines, but once you are in that position and you have to physically deal with it, it takes on a whole new meaning.
I don't care for Trump but in the interest of being fair there is probably some truth here.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:12 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,694,341 times
The only way Trump will win again is if the Russians are able to hack the voting machine. However, they will need to fight it out with the elitists who profit from Comrade Trump's presidency.

Who's going to pay for Trump's screw ups. You are. Future taxes going up just like prices due to Trump's tariffs. Not only your taxes, but your child's, your grandchild's all to pay for the mistakes of a demented old man.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:12 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
People still don't want what the status quo insiders offer !!! The outsider has proved himself by putting America first in words and policy. Its working !!!
Trump is not an outsider. He's basically the donor class. He is a billionaire with alot of money. The rich class have always ruled in America. They are not outsiders. Just because Trump was never a politician doesn't mean he's an outsider.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
5) His steadfastness. His ability to stand on principles and doing what he knows is best for the people and the nation's welfare, regardless of how much venom and lies are spoken about him in the media or by his critics.
Principles, hah. Trump's principle is what can make him the quickest buck or can get him the lowest tax rate through intentional business losses. I mean look at how many failed businesses he has had. He will sell us out for a nickel. If he is so America first., why were his and his daughter's clothing line made elsewhere when they are middle to high ticket items? If he is so America first, why does he seek H1-b visa workers for his hotels? The guy is a hypocrite and that is why I am critical on him. He is a typical hurray for me, **** you New Yorker.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:31 PM

The main reasons he might win are:

1) Not enough strong candidates to challenge him. Trump is not the kind of President I want. I voted against him and I get disgusted just looking at him. However, until a really strong challenger comes up, that might play a role in him winning again. He won not because he was the best man for the job. He won because Hilary Clinton wasn't very good either.

2) Culture war. The USA has always been divided. We never really needed someone to sow seeds of division. We're already there. However, there are many people who stick with Trump because it's "Trump versus the World" or "Trump supporters vs The rest of the world". I thought that Trump saying bigoted things and being very crass would cost him. Actually, some people vote for him BECAUSE he is like this. Many people see it as "he sticks it to the PC crowd". Some people see Trump as a reflection of themselves and see him in themselves. Some see Trump as "he says what alot of people are thinking".

3) Low voter turnout. Trump didn't get the popular vote but he won the election. Some voters will despair at their choice of candidates and stay home.

Trump won't win because he's the best man for the job or because they economy is better. There are many who have just given up. Work force participation has not changed much (it's alot lower than in 2004). Blacks are the one group who have seen their rate of EMPLOYMENT drop since 2018. Trump might win beacause many people have an "Us vs the rest of the world" attitude. It is the culture war.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump is not an outsider. He's basically the donor class. He is a billionaire with alot of money. The rich class have always ruled in America. They are not outsiders. Just because Trump was never a politician doesn't mean he's an outsider.
The only way Trump is an outsider is he never held an elected office. Instead he donated to campaigns to help himself. As I said, he is known for selling failed ventures, so I'm just waiting to see who he sells America to when he is done running up the debt.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:37 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The only way Trump will win again is if the Russians are able to hack the voting machine. However, they will need to fight it out with the elitists who profit from Comrade Trump's presidency.

Who's going to pay for Trump's screw ups. You are. Future taxes going up just like prices due to Trump's tariffs. Not only your taxes, but your child's, your grandchild's all to pay for the mistakes of a demented old man.
Comrade Trump? Just more childish personal attacks by you lefties. Who's going to pay for the screw ups by the Democrats like refusing to secure our border? These illegals cost us over $100 billion a year and American jobs and resources. Why aren't you concerned about those taxes and the future of your grandchildren?

Old 05-12-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The only way Trump is an outsider is he never held an elected office. Instead he donated to campaigns to help himself. As I said, he is known for selling failed ventures, so I'm just waiting to see who he sells America to when he is done running up the debt.
My point exactly. He's never held political office. However, Trump is a very powerful man. Money talks, bs walks. He's good at throwing money around, and for being crooked. He's a crooked businessman. For this reason, it's not surprising that he could be a crooked politician.

This is the difference between Trump and other politicians. Other politicians are propped up by the donor class. Trump IS the donor class. He has a different level of power. He is not a man of the people any more than other Presidents have been. He's a man of his own money and of himself.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:34 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My point exactly. He's never held political office. However, Trump is a very powerful man. Money talks, bs walks. He's good at throwing money around, and for being crooked. He's a crooked businessman. For this reason, it's not surprising that he could be a crooked politician.

This is the difference between Trump and other politicians. Other politicians are propped up by the donor class. Trump IS the donor class. He has a different level of power. He is not a man of the people any more than other Presidents have been. He's a man of his own money and of himself.
He may be the donor class, but his ideas and stances have not changed. Listen to some of his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpMJeynBeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wJc7vHcTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Iuq8psx4o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies