Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times

Advertisements

These are the top four reasons Trump will win again.

1. Joe Biden.
2. Bernie Sanders.
3. Elizabeth Waren
4. Kamala Harris

Old 05-11-2019, 04:28 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump already has a 46% Gallup approval rating. And he's not even in campaign mode yet.
Earlier in his Presidency it was 33%!

RCP has him at 45.1% approval.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:28 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Let's go!

1) It's the economy, stupid! Record-low unemployment, strong economic growth, roaring stock market. As long as we are around a similar point in 18 months from now, he's in.

2) Priority given to illegal aliens. Tax-paying, law-abiding Americans - particular those in the working and lower-middle classes (which is the majority of voters) - are fed up with liberals caring more about the interests of illegals than American citizens. That became even more painfully obvious with Biden's recent promise to give illegal aliens American medical care, when many middle-income earners can't afford the care they need due to Obama's awful ACA. (Someone needs to tell Biden illegals can't vote, so why is he pandering to them?)

3) Speaking of pandering....the Democrats' bribes to voters. The current crop of leftist Democratic hopefuls are shamelessly trying to buy votes with their promise of free college! reparations! reduced rents! guaranteed living income for non-workers!, etc., etc. Only the people at the bottom quarter, who would be getting the free stuff, will fall for it - and guess what? They don't even show up at the polls.

4) The venom liberals spew toward conservatives. Liberals are concentrated on the coasts, but the rest of America is tired of being called racist, brown shirts, neo-Nazis, xenophobes, or idiots simply because they wouldn't vote for the Democrat and are opposed to the tens of thousands of unskilled, uneducated, illegal aliens flooding the border every month. This will energize the biggest voting bloc in the country to turn out at the polls.

Anybody else care to contribute?
Fake news

Old 05-11-2019, 04:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
"The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction."
--Donald J. Trump
Yeah but now that it benefits him it isn't fiction... Many Trump supporters whether they are traditional Republicans siding with the team or the former Ross Perot Reform Republicans, or the Ron Paul TEA Party variety. A good number of the Trump supporters knocked the Obama economy which the Trump economy minus some unemployment numbers and tariff threats is. Many considered a correction coming about four/five years ago by now. Since Trump won, they now say people are cheering for one... Either these people were home teamers wanting a Republican in the White House or if not hated Obama specifically, outright racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That's why I'm not voting for Trump. He lies too much and changes his mind too much. Gullible people who believe anything Trump tell them will be among his biggest supporters.
He does and many of those that side with him do. They use a lot questionable sources or if not fairly biased. Look at how many point to InfoWars, Fox News or anyone on a website that goes against the "libs". That and they cover for him. Imagine if Obama was accused of similar issues as President, oh wait we had Fast & Furious and Benghazi...

Old 05-11-2019, 07:11 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
number one reason:

because it pisses off liberals.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:53 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Trump did not say all Mexicans are deseased. He did not call most Africans (must be speaking of black Americans as they aren't Africans they are Americans) parasites nor did he call most women dogfaces. Not even close! Some may be those things but Trump never said otherwise. Why do liberals lie and exaggerate so much? No shame or conscience at all in the lot of them! Disgusting! Yet these same liberals call Trump "Cheeto" among other nasty labels? What a bunch of hypocrites they are!

Old 05-11-2019, 08:33 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Let's go!

1) It's the economy, stupid! Record-low unemployment, strong economic growth, roaring stock market. As long as we are around a similar point in 18 months from now, he's in.

2) Priority given to illegal aliens. Tax-paying, law-abiding Americans - particular those in the working and lower-middle classes (which is the majority of voters) - are fed up with liberals caring more about the interests of illegals than American citizens. That became even more painfully obvious with Biden's recent promise to give illegal aliens American medical care, when many middle-income earners can't afford the care they need due to Obama's awful ACA. (Someone needs to tell Biden illegals can't vote, so why is he pandering to them?)

3) Speaking of pandering....the Democrats' bribes to voters. The current crop of leftist Democratic hopefuls are shamelessly trying to buy votes with their promise of free college! reparations! reduced rents! guaranteed living income for non-workers!, etc., etc. Only the people at the bottom quarter, who would be getting the free stuff, will fall for it - and guess what? They don't even show up at the polls.

4) The venom liberals spew toward conservatives. Liberals are concentrated on the coasts, but the rest of America is tired of being called racist, brown shirts, neo-Nazis, xenophobes, or idiots simply because they wouldn't vote for the Democrat and are opposed to the tens of thousands of unskilled, uneducated, illegal aliens flooding the border every month. This will energize the biggest voting bloc in the country to turn out at the polls.

Anybody else care to contribute?
1. Trump's economy so far is reaping the rewards of Obama's work, although he refuses credit that, of course. It remains to be seen what will happen with Trump's own policies, but the one definite thing is that Trump creates uncertainty, which is usually not good for economies.
2.Republicans pushed Trump to latch on to illegal aliens as a big issue. For most people, there are more important issues like health care, the environment, etc.
3.The Democratic "bribes" are policies that would benefit everyone. Any society should want educated, healthy people in affordable homes. The Republican "bribes" are just an appeal to greed and selfishness - lower taxes.
4.If you're talking about spewing venom, you should be looking at Trump.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:35 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I tend to agree, that last comment from Biden made my heart sink. I was hoping he'd stay more middle and moderate.

As long as Trump doesn't get us into a war and if the economy stays ok and with the rest of the dims going so far left Trump has a real chance to win again.

The Democrat front runners are really out of touch with many many middle road Democrat type people. Pelosi should know this, I'm surprised she not getting these pinhead reeled in. The dims have no message other than Trump is bad.

They need more than that to win.
How about we want our country back. Frankly, I'm tired of having a narcissistic president who constantly lies in order to build himself up. I'm tired of his infantile nicknames of people who go against him. I'm tired of having a president who admires the dictators of the world while alienating our allies. I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:02 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How about we want our country back. Frankly, I'm tired of having a narcissistic president who constantly lies in order to build himself up. I'm tired of his infantile nicknames of people who go against him. I'm tired of having a president who admires the dictators of the world while alienating our allies. I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Sadly, everything you've posted is true, but what's the alternative? A bunch of totally deranged, hateful Dems? No thanks. Trump is pretty friggin' disgusting, but the Dem alternatives are downright terrifying. With any luck, the Repubs will produce a palatable presidential nominee. Trump is bad...but far, far more tolerable than the wacko, hate-filled Dems.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:06 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Sadly, everything you've posted is true, but what's the alternative? A bunch of totally deranged, hateful Dems? No thanks. Trump is pretty friggin' disgusting, but the Dem alternatives are downright terrifying. With any luck, the Repubs will produce a palatable presidential nominee. Trump is bad...but far, far more tolerable than the wacko, hate-filled Dems.
I’ll vote for my cat over Trump. And Trump is a wacko hateful person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies