Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Silly argument.

In the legal states, many regulations and testing procedures are in place to make sure that the product is free of contaminants.

As usual, your blinders are working quite well. You simply can't see that if your friend was indeed a victim of laced pot, then he was a victim of PROHIBITION, not legalized marijuana.
He smoked pot, and suffered a marijuana induced psychosis, which is caused by the psycho-toxins found in marijuana.

It happens with pot, but of course you are quick to speculate it was laced with something.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:42 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought you argued its no ones business what people put in their bodies.
Nope. But you're blaming the episode solely on marijuana. Stuff that gets added like PCP to pot or roofies to alcohol. Is not the same as the effects from solely marijuana or alcohol.

See.

Alcohol is regulated.
You could brew your own beer wine and shine if you want. For your consumption. They sell the kits readily online.

However when you sell to the public especially across state lines... no it must be produced in accordance with the regulating agencies.
Otherwise you might get some hooch brewed in Joe Bob's radiator and go blind or die.

Was your friend informed he's got a baggie of laced stuff? I doubt it.
On the off chance it was made known the stuff he bought was laced, he knowingly, consciously made the choice and threw caution to the wind. In that instance it's a case of play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:54 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
He smoked pot, and suffered a marijuana induced psychosis, which is caused by the psycho-toxins found in marijuana.

It happens with pot, but of course you are quick to speculate it was laced with something.
Yeah, it happens. Ever hear of ruffies? When someone drugs your drink without telling you? Same thing. Are you gonna try to argue or deny that?

Old 05-14-2019, 12:39 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Yeah, but it's fun. Trump probably smokes it every night, why else would he only want to eat McDonalds.
Did you see him there or something? Munchies huh?

I actually have no problem with people smoking pot or taking it in pill, medicine form.

Not my thing.

I do know several people who started smoking pot when they were young and their personalities have completely changed and they seem to have mental illness now.

Sad to see. One even says that he knows that pot has messed up his brain.

Another started smoking and ended up killing someone. Maybe it was pre existing pshycosis but pot did exacerbate the problem.
It caused paranoia in the people that I know who smoked it.
Also some celebs who smoke seem to have mental illness. Maybe they already did and are trying to self medicate?

Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nope. But you're blaming the episode solely on marijuana. Stuff that gets added like PCP to pot or roofies to alcohol. Is not the same as the effects from solely marijuana or alcohol.

See.

Alcohol is regulated.
You could brew your own beer wine and shine if you want. For your consumption. They sell the kits readily online.
So, it all regulations on booze were removed, then no one would slip roofies in drinks.

All righty then.

My friend was stoned out of his mind and had an episode.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Ah yes the old "1 in 100000" people will develop Y and if you bring X into the equation now "2 in 100000" people get it. OH MY GOD ITS THE END OF THE WORLD, DOING X MAKES YOU 200% MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP Y.

In other words, clickbait logic.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah, it happens. Ever hear of ruffies? When someone drugs your drink without telling you? Same thing. Are you gonna try to argue or deny that?
Argue with your speculation? No, I'll just say you are speculating.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Argue with your speculation? No, I'll just say you are speculating.
Speculating? Have you never heard of ruffies? It’s a real drug, rohyphnal, used to drug people’s drinks. It’s not a speculation at all. Why are you questioning it? Is it because you need to deflect because you know what I posted is 100% factual & you are simply willfully denying it?

Old 05-14-2019, 01:05 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Never seen anyone run around naked after smoking pot -just ain't that kind of drug ... alcohol is better for that sort of thing.

There are certainly people who should moderate their use of pot though.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:07 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Silly argument.

In the legal states, many regulations and testing procedures are in place to make sure that the product is free of contaminants.

As usual, your blinders are working quite well. You simply can't see that if your friend was indeed a victim of laced pot, then he was a victim of PROHIBITION, not legalized marijuana.
Unfortunately there's no convincing most people on this.

This is just another issue which we are going to have to wait for the authoritarian Christian Right to fade from political dominance so that more rational thinking can prevail. Until then, there's no getting beyond Reefer Madness. Too many decades of propaganda from all levels of government and from the pulpit is difficult to discard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies