Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 07:03 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times

Advertisements

So all of you slamming King would be Ok if the FBI wiretapped Donald Trump and you learned all the sleazy things he's done and said?

The Hoover FBI did whatever they could to diminish King's power and degrade him. He was certainly no saint and you can acknowledge that while still recognizing all of the great things he did. People are complex and this is another example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 07:15 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
So all of you slamming King would be Ok if the FBI wiretapped Donald Trump and you learned all the sleazy things he's done and said?

The Hoover FBI did whatever they could to diminish King's power and degrade him. He was certainly no saint and you can acknowledge that while still recognizing all of the great things he did. People are complex and this is another example.
i actually agree with this, assuming we extend that same courtesy to others as well.
Jefferson, Washington, Lee, John Wayne, etc.
agreed?

Old 05-29-2019, 08:06 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
king was a man. why should his human foibles negate his accomplishments? I will never understand why some assume important men in history were saints. great men are NEVER saints.

My deceased father-in-law told me decades ago that he met king once. In the elevator of his apartment building. he said the gossip was one of king's mistresses lived in the building.
I agree, but I think it's the whole thing about him laughing about his associate raping someone (I won't believe it until it's proven; men should be given the presumption of innocence).

Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Still not a single mainstream American media outlet has covered the story. MSN has, but only on their Ireland website.

Quote:
Media Curiously Incurious About MLK Story
Is a Pulitzer winning biographer of Martin Luther King suddenly without standing?

The UK’s Guardian commissioned David Garrow, a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer of Martin Luther King, to write an article detailing his shocking discoveries about the civil rights leader’s behind-closed-doors behavior, before pulling out with a kill fee. “Garrow had similar experiences with the Atlantic magazine and with the Washington Post — both of which he had written for before,†Michael Mosbacher writes at Standpoint, which publishes the controversial article on Thursday. “Conservative magazines in the US also felt the story was too risky to run.
---
American journalists, who normally salivate over throwing mud on historical figures and find themselves in hysteria mode over the sexual conduct of comedians, producers, anchormen, and those far lower on the totem pole than King, balk at reporting on the finds of a writer to whom they once awarded a Pulitzer. #ThemToo. Apart from King emerging as a secular saint posthumously, making unflattering truths a sort of blasphemy...
---
“I always thought there were 10-12 other women,†the London Times quotes Garrow as saying, “not 40-45.â€
https://spectator.org/media-curiousl...out-mlk-story/

Old 05-29-2019, 08:33 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Surely all monuments and statues of MLK will have to be taken down and every street or building that is named after him will have to be renamed.

amiright?

Old 05-29-2019, 08:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Still not a single mainstream American media outlet has covered the story. MSN has, but only on their Ireland website.

yep, pretty much lonely agenda-driven crickets on this side of the pond.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Why do you love Assata Shakur?
What are you? My inquisitor? Because I want to. That’s why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
................ that is to be expected. Lincoln admired Lee for his dedication to his cause and did not consider him a traitor. The only Confederate executed after the Civil War was the commander of Andersonville. If a "reign of terror" had been initiated after the Civil War (as it appears you favor), there would have never been a healing of the nation and another civil war would have eventually erupted. This is probably why Africa is in perpetual civil war. Lincoln was magnanimous and a great president, realizing that revenge would destroy the nation. He had enough blood to last a lifetime.

The American Taliban wants to destroy all remnants of US history and present a "sanitized", revised version just like a good communist.

Your selection of "heroes" reveals a lot about your views, which appears to be hateful of white people. That is not unexpected, as many blacks are racists. It is ironic that they call others "racist" while engaging in the very same activity.

If not for those "traitors from the South", you might be very well living in a hut in west Africa with no running water or electricity. I would imagine that most of those West Africans would gladly trade places, if you wished to do so. My understanding is that the government in South Africa is working on ejecting most of the white inhabitants, so that might be a great place as well.
You’re here because your ancestors were living in the equivalent of a hut in Europe. Starving damn near to death and unable to make a living. They were the landless losers of the continent. They would’ve probably been dead in some typical European tribal/ethnic war that killed millions and happened right on schedule every generation. Europe was a hellhole before the United States liberated it and made it stable for longer than two weeks.

Africa? Please. Europe did 100 million deaths in one century like it was a game of hopscotch. Gimme a break.

I may be an African in America, but I’m SOLELY an American creation that couldn’t have existed if not for the creation of the United States. Outside of the Native Americans, African Americans are THE MOST American people of any other group. 9 in 10 of us were born in this country by 1860. Only Indians can make that claim. All of our ancestors were here by 1804. Whites can’t make that claim as a group. You definitely can’t.

So you can talk about Africa all you want. Not hurting my feelings.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:

The release of the wire taps is not expected to happen until 2027. At the present all that we have in the FBI Vault are the documents that disclosed that they botched the investigation into King's assassination. Supposedly David Garrow was able to get the tapes released early. That is where all of this is coming from, the biographer selling his books. Maybe mainstream media doesn't care enough about this to help David, sell his books.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Supposedly David Garrow was able to get the tapes released early. That is where all of this is coming from, the biographer selling his books. Maybe mainstream media doesn't care enough about this to help David, sell his books.
No, Garrow saw documents describing what is on the tapes. And we have no reason to doubt that he is being truthful about it.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
No, Garrow saw documents describing what is on the tapes. And we have no reason to doubt that he is being truthful about it.
What’s this really all about. Tell me. Your secret is safe with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies