Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 08:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Kamala and Pete were exceptional, as expected. (I knew Pete would slay, but Kamala blew my mind with her performance.) I’m absolutely thrilled!

don't get to excited too soon. One, so called debate with 10 participants tells us almost nothing. I predict she will move up for the time being. As we get into winter and primaries she stands almost no chance. But those in Ca can bask in the glory for the next few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 08:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Biden won. He proved he is out of touch enough, restrained enough, and with a stain of a racially clueless past that will appeal to Trump voters to turn those midwestern states blue again.
no way will most of the midwest states turn to him over Trump. Maybe the far upstate midwest but don't **** count on the rest of the midwest. Not to mention he has to get the nomination.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I thought a couple of the candidates were really bad....but I would vote for any single one of them,if nominated over Trump. Trump is a rude, crude, childish narcissistic wanna be dictator who is embarrassing to our country, and completely inept and unfit for the position that he holds.

I think several of the candidates would make wonderful Presidents though.
Yep. That's where I'm at.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:46 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,184,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Sorry, he lost. Marianne Williamson separated herself from the field.
Yes, as in the only person that didn't realize she was on a political debate stage.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'd say a tie between Harris and Buttigieg.

I spent most of the time wishing somebody would put a gag on both Williamson and Swalwell.
It was almost like the moderators would relucantly ask Williamson a question hoping she'd sound like she lived on planet Earth, and then they'd think, "hmm let's give her 45 minutes to figure out where she's at," and then try again.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Biden came off as old, out of his depth, even doddering. There were times he seemed confused and couldn't get his words out. When Harris went into her spiel, Biden looked utterly broken. He won't make it through the race. He seems to be running out of a sense of duty - truthfully, I don't even think he wants to be there.........

If Biden can be rattled so badly by Harris in a venue where NBC was giving him every advantage (he got far more speaking time than anyone else there) then imagine what Trump will do to him out on the campaign trail.

The old guy physically and mentally is no longer able to run for this position. Some people don't age as well as others, and despite the excessive botox treatments, Biden doesn't look good at all as he moves into his 80s.

Clearly this debate was very very bad for Biden and the donor class types behind him have got to be very nervous this morning.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The consensus of experts is that Donald Trump won again. The folks on the stage were competing for 2nd place.
This is the first time I heard someone refer to the voices in their head as "experts."

Old 06-28-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Man, Biden looks old. He actually looks worse than Bernie.

Bernie reminded me too much of Trump in the sense that he would never directly answer the question.
I think he answered fairly directly. His entire platform for the past 4 decades is that citizens need to be involved in their government, create movements, and have their voices heard over powerful interests.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Mayor Pete did well in the debate. But, for a candidate on 4/5th place I'm not sure "well" is going to help him move up. On net it was probably a bad night for him as the other contenders for 4/5th Kamala Harris is generally considered to have been the breakout star.
Generally agree about this. They'll stay around 4th and 5th in terms of ranking, but it wouldn't surprise me if more voters who previously backed those polling around 1% take a look at these two instead. So maybe they start polling in double digits and some others fall below 1%, or maybe they chip away a percent or two from Bernie but he remains 2nd or 3rd if Warren gains.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If Biden can be rattled so badly by Harris in a venue where NBC was giving him every advantage (he got far more speaking time than anyone else there) then imagine what Trump will do to him out on the campaign trail.

The old guy physically and mentally is no longer able to run for this position. Some people don't age as well as others, and despite the excessive botox treatments, Biden doesn't look good at all as he moves into his 80s.

Clearly this debate was very very bad for Biden and the donor class types behind him have got to be very nervous this morning.
I think Biden ended up with more time to speak because other candidates kept referencing to him, so he kept getting opportunities to speak without a moderator asking him a direct question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies