Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 09:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
I think Biden ended up with more time to speak because other candidates kept referencing to him, so he kept getting opportunities to speak without a moderator asking him a direct question.
And he flubbed it time after time. It was a shockingly bad performance from one who is supposed to be the standard bearer of the Democrat party. Clearly he's not anywhere close to being able to pull that off.

Taking the politics out of it, it's really quite sad to see. Time for him to retire and enjoy the many many millions of dollars he made as a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 09:12 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The only true debating that took place was when Harris attacked Biden for opposing busing, and when multiple people attacked Mayor Pete for not firing either the white police officer for shooting a black man in South Bend or for not firing the police chief in the interim. It was truly a giant ****show.
I can't stand Butt-boy and consider him a pompous little ass. But attacking him for not firing a police officer before the facts of the case are known is asinine. Anyone that attacked him over that is simply showing their overt racism, bigotry and support for criminals over police. And that is a person that has NO place anywhere near the oval office.

The biggest thing these debates are doing is showing the American people who is hopelessly unqualified to be president. Anyone that supports taxpayer-funded health care for criminal aliens is one group. Anyone that opposes civil rights and the BOR regarding the 2nd is another.

Bernie just came across as an angry, bitter old man dealing with dementia. No different than the last couple of decades I guess.

Looks like the Dems are determined to double-down on stupid and hand Trump another 4 years.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Kamala and Pete were exceptional, as expected. (I knew Pete would slay, but Kamala blew my mind with her performance.) I’m absolutely thrilled!
As am I, with both of them. I would love to see Harris one-on-one on a debate stage with Trump. She wouldn't be passive like Hillary was when creepy Donald Trump was wandering around behind her while she was responding. Harris would confront him forcefully and directly, on that as well as every other creepy, ignorant, asinine thing he did or said. The dotard wouldn't know what hit him.

I hope this year brings a change of the guard in the Democratic party. I like Joe Biden, but it was clear last night that his time has passed. Kamala and Pete are the Democratic party's future.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:13 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Kamala Harris is trying real hard to be Jenny from around the block, but her reality couldn’t be further from the truth. Her mother is a scientist, her father is a professor, she grew up in Berkeley and enjoyed international travel from a young age.

I’m only five or so years younger than Kamala, and grew up in a school district not twenty miles away in SF. Bussing was dead and gone by then. I’m having a real hard time believing she somehow experienced that.
I think Kamala is full of bird droppings. She wanted so bad to get out her point and did her 'America does not want ... a food fight. They want to know how we're going to put food on their table.' How original is that obviously "practiced" line?

Old 06-28-2019, 09:17 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,184,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And he flubbed it time after time. It was a shockingly bad performance from one who is supposed to be the standard bearer of the Democrat party. Clearly he's not anywhere close to being able to pull that off.

Taking the politics out of it, it's really quite sad to see. Time for him to retire and enjoy the many many millions of dollars he made as a politician.
Completely agree he didn't respond great. I was just explaining why he was able to speak more. It was about 300 more words or so than the next closest per Fivethirtyeight, which actually isn't much considering he was mentioned by another candidate about 4 times.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:18 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
They need to eliminate the bottom 5 in each round for the next debate.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:20 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

I think Kamala is full of bird droppings. She wanted so bad to get out her point and did her 'America does not want ... a food fight. They want to know how we're going to put food on their table.' How original is that obviously "practiced" line?
According to her, the American people do not want a "food fight," but they apparently do want a race war.

People will notice what she is doing here.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:21 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I was intrigued by Kamala Harris, so I was especially interested in hearing her last night. I like very much what I saw. She is strong and intelligent and forceful and progressive. A winning combination in my book.

Now pair her with Buttigieg and we have a formidable ticket.

I also think both Biden and Sanders looked and sounded old and tired beside all the relative energetic youth on the stage. It's clear their times have passed.
Kamala Harris was a prosecutor and she approached the debate in prosecutor mode. I know about the area where she lived in Berkeley and it was not a ghetto, Berkeley was very progressive and experimenting with ways to cure 'racial injustice' so they instituted busing. Very few people liked it, including the parents of the kids who were bused. Her parents were in graduate school and she lived a very middle class life, her outrage last night over being bused was just a setup to play a gotcha game with Biden. I live in California and there are lots of skeletons in Kamala's closet, when they come out I think she will be done. I support a Biden/ Harris ticket or Pete Buddigieg but if these idiots don't quit talking about eliminating private health insurance Trump will win by 10 or 15 points, of that I am 100% certain

Old 06-28-2019, 09:21 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
I love how dems would rather see the country burn to the ground than give Trump a second term.

“I don’t care if we give criminals and illegals more/better rights than citizens, I’ll vote for anyone who’s not Trump!!”

In my personal experience, the average dem really is this deranged, not just the lunatics who post on the internet. Scary.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They need to eliminate the bottom 5 in each round for the next debate.

It's fascinating the Democrats are letting the crooked pollsters call a few hundred land lines to determine who should be running.

But clearly if performance at the debate is how they determine who should be at the next debate, then Biden & Bernie would be gone. Of course that won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies