Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 09:25 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,184,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I love how dems would rather see the country burn to the ground than give Trump a second term.

“I don’t care if we give criminals and illegals more/better rights than citizens, I’ll vote for anyone who’s not Trump!!”

In my personal experience, the average dem really is this deranged, not just the lunatics who post on the internet. Scary.
What "more or better rights than citizens," specifically?

List/bulleted format or compare/contrast the undocumented immigrant right vs. the citizens right is preferred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They need to eliminate the bottom 5 in each round for the next debate.
at least 5, 7 or 8 would be better.

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
According to her, the American people do not want a "food fight," but they apparently do want a race war.

People will notice what she is doing here.
Do you think they will? There are some pretty gullible voters out there who'll believe anything a politician tells or promises them. Memories of the 2008 election and all the promises made during that one. Only one kept and now it's on shaky ground.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree but the issue of school busing is more nuanced than Harris tried to claim. In the 70's only 9% of the population supported school busing and only about half that number supported mandatory school busing - too bad Biden didn't hire someone smart enough to arm him with those numbers.
Biden doesn't want to go near the issue. He sided with the White parents in Wilmington Delaware who didn't want Black kids to be allowed to attend school in the White neighborhoods.

Now he tap dances all around it just like his apologists.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I agree but the issue of school busing is more nuanced than Harris tried to claim. In the 70's only 9% of the population supported school busing and only about half that number supported mandatory school busing - too bad Biden didn't hire someone smart enough to arm him with those numbers.
I'm really not here to discuss busing. I agree, it's a complicated issue that can't be clarified in 30 second snippets or whatever they had.

I just posted to explain why Biden ended up speaking the most last night.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:31 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Default Eric Stalwell needs to be put in “time out’”

Or maybe a playpen. Then ironically he made a reference to his two year-old. I thought, “why are acting like one”? Whatever support he had he lost last night. What a jack***!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:32 AM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
As am I, with both of them. I would love to see Harris one-on-one on a debate stage with Trump. She wouldn't be passive like Hillary was when creepy Donald Trump was wandering around behind her while she was responding. Harris would confront him forcefully and directly, on that as well as every other creepy, ignorant, asinine thing he did or said. The dotard wouldn't know what hit him.

I hope this year brings a change of the guard in the Democratic party. I like Joe Biden, but it was clear last night that his time has passed. Kamala and Pete are the Democratic party's future.
I had been neutral on Harris, but after last night, she has jumped up a lot for me. I especially liked her 'food fight' comment--I just went, "Daaaaaaayummmmm!" Even Biden applauded her on that one.

Her general demeanor impresses me, and maybe that's coming from her being a prosecutor. But she does seem to have a good sense of when to push, and when to watch and wait. I think that would serve her well as a POTUS.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I had been neutral on Harris, but after last night, she has jumped up a lot for me. I especially liked her 'food fight' comment--I just went, "Daaaaaaayummmmm!" Even Biden applauded her on that one.

Her general demeanor impresses me, and maybe that's coming from her being a prosecutor. But she does seem to have a good sense of when to push, and when to watch and wait. I think that would serve her well as a POTUS.
I thought Harris did a nice job, but I didn't care for that line about the food fight. It was clear she planned that for a point where inevitably several of 10 people would be talking over one another.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:35 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Harris interrupted other candidates just as much as eric did last night during the democratic party debate and after she admonished other candidates previously to not get into a "food fight" with each other turned right around and attacked biden as a racist.

Yet, harris was deemed the winner of the debate and her attack on biden celebrated.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:37 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Kamala Harris was a prosecutor and she approached the debate in prosecutor mode. I know about the area where she lived in Berkeley and it was not a ghetto, Berkeley was very progressive and experimenting with ways to cure 'racial injustice' so they instituted busing. Very few people liked it, including the parents of the kids who were bused. Her parents were in graduate school and she lived a very middle class life, her outrage last night over being bused was just a setup to play a gotcha game with Biden. I live in California and there are lots of skeletons in Kamala's closet, when they come out I think she will be done. I support a Biden/ Harris ticket or Pete Buddigieg but if these idiots don't quit talking about eliminating private health insurance Trump will win by 10 or 15 points, of that I am 100% certain
I have a hard time believing she "rode the bus" to school..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies