Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 05:02 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times

Advertisements

My first thought on reading the OT was who are you talking about? Two men or two women getting married? Clearly you are talking about gay men and not lesbians. If their opposition was based on religion, they would object to all gay marriage not just that of men. OP, ask them that. You might just get an I don't care answer as far as these silly young women go.

I'm 70 and grew up in Greenwich Village. Back when I was a young woman I had a very close gay male friend. Nothing romantic about it. We shared a lot of common interests; music, dancing, cooking, etc. He came to NYC from a small town in Tennessee seeking acceptance, fame, fortune, and love. We met through a woman I knew who also came from that same small town. I worried for him not knowing about life in the Big City and warned him to be very, very careful looking for love in all the wrong places. Said the same to his female friend as well. We all did a lot of crying on each other's shoulders when things didn't work out. What are friends for?

Both Jerry and Jane eventually moved back to Tennessee. Don't know what happened to either, but I hope they found the man of their dreams.

Edit: My older daughter has been married to the woman she loves for 4 years.

Last edited by Jo48; 06-26-2019 at 05:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 05:42 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
They have been taught by their brand of Christianity to obsess over homosexuality and abortion. They wrongfully put different weights on sins. They are also manipulated politically by those issues unfortunately.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:53 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Your point is not backed by anything factual so the whole thread is pointless. It is my experience that women, white or otherwise, are far more tolerant and accepting of gay relationships and marriage than men are.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:01 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Exactly what I was getting at. I noticed this too. Those chicks are boy-crazy and want to own every man who rates above a 7/10. So those of us who are below 7/10 in looks are left with no options. The women want nothing to do with us, and they don't want us to mingle around with each other either. They want us to wallow in our loneliness.
Based upon your comments you likely have too small of a sample to be drawing broad conclusions and also some sort of perception bias going on.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:03 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Your point is not backed by anything factual so the whole thread is pointless. It is my experience that women, white or otherwise, are far more tolerant and accepting of gay relationships and marriage than men are.
Gay dude here married to another (surprise surprise) gay dude.

I agree that my anecdotes are the same as yours. Women tend to be more tokerant than men.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Of all the "homosexuality is threatening the sanctity of marriage" BS I hear from people, I hear it most from young white women (generally, attractive and popular---the sorority sister type). I find this to be blatantly ironic, because it's coming from the demographic cohort that drinks the most, swears the most and sleeps around like crazy. It's almost as if they hate the idea of being able to own every man on the market.

I'm a heterosexual male, and this baffles me.
There are tens of millions “ young white women”. Exactly how many of them communicate with you?

Old 06-26-2019, 06:05 AM

4,033 posts, read 2,719,381 times
Quote:
Exactly what I was getting at. I noticed this too. Those chicks are boy-crazy and want to own every man who rates above a 7/10. So those of us who are below 7/10 in looks are left with no options. The women want nothing to do with us, and they don't want us to mingle around with each other either. They want us to wallow in our loneliness.
.....aaaaaaaand this just went straight into incel territory.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Sounds like you might be looking for reasons why you are lonely. Sounds like you prefer to look at people based on some sort of scale of physical attractiveness, instead of as people.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:13 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Possibly anecdotal.

I have not seen this trend.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:20 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
This survey, the topic of another thread, finds that young women are considered 'allies' of the LGBTQ community at a greater number than young men.

https://www.glaad.org/sites/default/...nce%202019.pdf

Your position isn't accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies