Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 09:44 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Locality matters, I guess. Perhaps, you hang around the book-smart youths (I am one of them). They tend to be more open-minded than athletes, cheerleaders, Greek Life types, etc.

Most athletes are supportive of SSM. Both male and female, but even more so female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 10:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
They have been taught by their brand of Christianity to obsess over homosexuality and abortion. They wrongfully put different weights on sins. They are also manipulated politically by those issues unfortunately.
Obsessing? Where do you get this stuff? You act like people don't have anything better to do.

Other people could give a damn what others do in the bedroom as long as it is consensual. I know, I know, the lib media tells you people obsess over other peoples business.

Abortion, most agree it should be legal but .... it's been said many times ... they "oppose LATE TERM". It is not beneficial to the left for you to get that through your heads.

Why do you allow media to tell you what to think and what others think?

Old 06-26-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I believe most people are not in favor of same sex marriage/relationships.
It's just that the supporters of ss marriage are loud and vocal while it seems that Christians and non Christians who support male/female marriage/relationships are becoming cowardly and won't speak out for what they believe.
They want the easy road.
People seem to take the easy way out and succumb to the pressure of those who bully them for their beliefs.
Ironically, you are judging others based on what you don't know or understand (you are throwing stones).

The Christians you call cowards are taught not to judge.... All they can do is wish the best and they know God loves everyone the same. Gays are not hurting anyone, the people involved in the relationship are happy.

This is why these Christians don't speak out yet you call them cowards because you believe a lie. It is YOU who is judgmental.

Last edited by petch751; 06-26-2019 at 11:00 AM..

Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 AM

No one is perfect, no one. I wish people would stop allowing themselves to believe things about others that are not true. Politicians and the media want us to hate others and it is time it stops. Only they benefit from sowing hatred among the people. They point to another and say they are the enemy. Hitler did the same thing... you know the result of having an enemy to blame.

We may agree or not agree but as long as no one is hurting others why do we allow ourselves to be manipulated into believing false things about others.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:37 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
It's aberrant behavior, of course people are offended by it. But do as you please, most don't care, but don't ever think the majority find it normal.
Speak for yourself. Almost everyone I know supports the LGBT community, including their marriages.

I think I've met maybe 3 people who are actually against it...2 of them are my husband's inbred aunts.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They are probably just mouthing off that a lot of the good looking men are gay. I hear comments like that, it doesn't mean they oppose gay marriage.
Anecdotal, but, way back in 1980-81 I finally agreed to go to a gay bar with a gay male coworker and I was astounded by how many really good looking, sexy men were there. I remember thinking......what a waste! LOL

I have never, ever, seen that many good looking men in one place in my entire life.

I had more fun that night than I ever had in a regular bar mainly because gay men love to dance and they are good at it too! That... and... you can enjoy eye-candy even though you don't partake.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obsessing? Where do you get this stuff? You act like people don't have anything better to do.

Other people could give a damn what others do in the bedroom as long as it is consensual. I know, I know, the lib media tells you people obsess over other peoples business.

Abortion, most agree it should be legal but .... it's been said many times ... they "oppose LATE TERM". It is not beneficial to the left for you to get that through your heads.

Why do you allow media to tell you what to think and what others think?
Yeah.....that's why they are trying to force "heartbeat" legislation that effectively bans abortion as early as six weeks.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:08 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
This is why these Christians don't speak out yet you call them cowards because you believe a lie. It is YOU who is judgmental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No one is perfect, no one. I wish people would stop allowing themselves to believe things about others that are not true. Politicians and the media want us to hate others and it is time it stops. Only they benefit from sowing hatred among the people. They point to another and say they are the enemy. Hitler did the same thing... you know the result of having an enemy to blame.

We may agree or not agree but as long as no one is hurting others why do we allow ourselves to be manipulated into believing false things about others.

You first.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:13 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Are they though? What a weird question.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:29 AM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Nowadays I don't know too many people of any age who really care about same-sex marriage.
I'm an ultra right wing gun owning Republican gun owning Jew, and I agree. Nobody I know cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies