Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 12:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times

Advertisements

I see evangelicals standing outside businesses and institutions all the time. I know why they're there and why I won't agree with them and why I can't have a conversation with them. They're there to push a product on me, a way of living and a belief system incompatible with my world view.

They have never called me an a-hole or stepped in front of me to impede me going about my daily chores because I was not interested in what they were selling. Unlike others I have met.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Neither are fundamentalist Christians.
Correct. Maybe someday the LGBTQ community will realize they are entitled to the basic respect and dignity afforded any other person in this society and nothing more. That's equality.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Correct. Maybe someday the LGBTQ community will realize they are entitled to the basic respect and dignity afforded any other person in this society and nothing more. That's equality.
But does that "equality" include stuff like holding hands in public? Conservative America considers that "shoving homosexuality down everyone's throats" when in reality heterosexual couples hold hands in public all the time and nobody bats an eye.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:59 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,257,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
But does that "equality" include stuff like holding hands in public? Conservative America considers that "shoving homosexuality down everyone's throats" when in reality heterosexual couples hold hands in public all the time and nobody bats an eye.
Living in the Bible Belt seems to be very unhealthy for you. It is warping your image of the world and of yourself. Have you considered a fresh start somewhere else?

Old 06-29-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
It seems to me we need to take all the religious fanatics and special rights fanatics and shove you people into an arena then toss in some sticks and rocks.

Lifes not just about "rights" and crazy dogmatic crap.

I'm out.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:01 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
This entire era is really an unhinged backlash against the Obergefell vs. Hodges decision. It's a frightening time to be an LGBT American. I'm only partially out of the closet myself in real life. I am very straight-acting and I do my best to conform to heterosexual norms.

Homophobia and hate is popular right now. There's a strong and growing movement to force gays back in the closet. I really worry we are headed towards a Russia-style anti LGBT law in this country which will basically force homosexuality back in the closet and bring back the gay witch hunts of the 1950s.

Until then, pride will become more "in your face" because evangelical Christians have ramped up antagonism towards the LGBT community tenfold. Start treating gay people like human beings and things will settle down.

It seems that most people today want gays back in the closet, completely out of sight and out of mind.
Dude, I can tell you that most people today don’t give a crap about your sexual preference - or gender preference for that matter.

What people do care about is being accused almost daily about being racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic, blah blah blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies