Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 04:11 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times

Advertisements

Of all the positive things President Trump has done for average Americans, the greatest of all is his leadership in the loosening of the PC noose. As people gain more and more confidence in expressing unapproved, but very real and very valid, thoughts and feelings, you will see more and more of this.

As I've always said, this bizarre PC era is microscopic in length on the timeline of human history. It could not continue for very long....and won't.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:15 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LGBT fatigue. Mostly Trans fatigue to be honest, especially since most people don't see this as something natural but as something being taught and encouraged. And I can't for the life of me figure out WHY.
Thats easy, you believe the Conservative propaganda.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:42 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and that's where it gets confusing

The LGBT "community" is liberals...and not gay individuals

Their goal is to divide the country....throw as much extreme crap out there as they can.. accomplishes that

Their goal is not gay rights.....it's just a tool for them

Bingo.

This is the Crux of the biscuit.

All the individual "isms" and "phobias" the far Left have embraced aren't out of some great concern for human rights.

They are only a means to an end.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:39 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Here's my take on the whole gay thing:

I'm fine with them. (I've had gay friends I've really liked, and I've known other gay people I couldn't stand. Nothing to do with sexual orientation.) They're not hurting anybody. And if they want to get married, doesn't bother me. Let them.

Where I get annoyed is with the banging your head with it stuff. This month, I was in a department store where they announced on the PA system every time minutes about raising money for a Pride event, and it was CONSTANT. (And it was on a tape, so it just replayed the same thing over and over.) I just want to shop in peace. And then, when I got to the check-out and was asked to contribute to the Pride event and declined, I could swear I got a disapproving look. Why can't I decide to which causes I want to give, in the privacy of my home?

Old 06-27-2019, 06:45 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Here's my take on the whole gay thing:

I'm fine with them. (I've had gay friends I've really liked, and I've known other gay people I couldn't stand. Nothing to do with sexual orientation.) They're not hurting anybody. And if they want to get married, doesn't bother me. Let them.

Where I get annoyed is with the banging your head with it stuff. This month, I was in a department store where they announced on the PA system every time minutes about raising money for a Pride event, and it was CONSTANT. (And it was on a tape, so it just replayed the same thing over and over.) I just want to shop in peace. And then, when I got to the check-out and was asked to contribute to the Pride event and declined, I could swear I got a disapproving look. Why can't I decide to which causes I want to give, in the privacy of my home?
Most stores seem to have a charity thing at check out. Some will get mad at any decline to contribute.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:47 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
This month especially it's like we're getting beat over the head with it. Instead of a hand held out in friendship it's more of a fist threatening to pummel us for any perceived wrong-think.

Well said.

I think the majority of us don't care who someone is, who they want to be, who they want to get naked with and how they want to live their lives BUT NO ONE wants it stuffed in their faces.

I think the young people polled feel like the gay, bi, transgendered people are getting all the notice and they are being left behind because they are straight.

Live and Let Live People just don't punch me in the face with your lifestyle choices and condemn me for mine.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Could this be why younger people are more uncomfortable? Because they are being told that they MUST date TG or they are a bigoted homohater?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-PgHSZh6U

Old 06-27-2019, 07:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Young Americans Are Becoming Less Comfortable With LGBTQ People, GLAAD Finds
This is what happens when you demand tolerance while being intolerant yourself.

I have found the promoters of their agenda to be the most intolerant people I have ever dealt with, so they definitely overplayed their hand.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:10 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is what happens when you demand tolerance while being intolerant yourself.

I have found the promoters of their agenda to be the most intolerant people I have ever dealt with, so they definitely overplayed their hand.
Overplayed what hand, exactly? Being a discriminated minority that is complaining about the discrimination? Would you rather we just sit down and be quiet?

Sorry but we will shout and complain about the inequality because that is the American way.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Overplayed what hand, exactly? Being a discriminated minority that is complaining about the discrimination? Would you rather we just sit down and be quiet?

Sorry but we will shout and complain about the inequality because that is the American way.
Like I said, they demand tolerance while being intolerant themselves. There is a thread at the Christianity board with nearly 9000 posts where the promoters of the agenda attack and insult Christians mercilessly calling them haters, bigots, nazis and every other name under the sky, and it is simply because those Christians believe what the Bible says. That is VERY intolerant.

If you demand tolerance, you must become tolerant yourself. You can't demonize others into agreement.

The poll shows your intolerance has driven away the most supportive age group, and if I were you I'd sit down and think about how to correct your mistakes. You have to find a better way, because screaming in people faces is not working, and never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies