Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 01:15 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ah! I was scrolling down to the end ( I do read all posts) to remark about this.
Gays are not doing themselves a favor at all by presenting themselves in these types of parades/demonstrations which can only make those of us that have no problem at all , turn away.
A bit??? Some of them are outright obscene.
The gay people that I know would never, in a million years, participate in or condone that type of thing.
They're just ordinary people with similar set of public decency and even modesty as anybody else.
I won't post any videos because I would suppose you've all seen those outrageous ones
I'm sure the most gay people are just average everyday people and aren't acting out like some do in pride parades and what not. I was very careful to say some and I italicized those words to bring attention to that. I chose my words carefully because I know most gay people probably aren't carrying on like they do at some of those functions. One of my favorite pod casters is a married gay man who comes off just like an average guy.

I do find the screaming queens a bit much to deal with, not so much the gayness factor but just the high drama and all of that that goes with those types. Think of Nathan Lane in the movie "The Bird Cage" LOL, the character was funny but just a bit too flamboyant and melodramatic. Yes, I realize that it's a comedy type of movie, but there are some gay folks out there like that.

Just be a person, not a stereotype. LOL, although I support the right to for people to do what they like, I just don't have to be around it I suppose.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:40 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I dont care what people do with themselves in private. But, Do you really have to go overboard to convince the world you are different and want to be excepted. Thats the problem. Tone it down. Do I get a parade because I banged the cashier girl at the local filling station. No.

I agree. It's like going to a jazz concert and seeing a 2 hour drum solo instead. It's not balanced. Even worse, everybody these days has a cause and wants to beat their drum in the loudest way possible. At the end of the day this translates to LOUD MUSIC and your average citizen may start tuning it out.

There are a lot of folks on here that are very attached to the cause. That's great! But they also need to have the ability to step back a little and put yourself in others shoes. We are only attempting to explain why the message may be losing a bit of steam and resonating power. When combined with all these other drum beats, it can be a bit too much for the average guy.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Or like Republicans want to force them to again. With the Christian Right flexing it's muscles and in control of most of the US government, Pride is needed now more than ever.
Explain how LGBT is persecuted against. Wedding cakes don't count. Find something meaningful to address.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:51 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
So because we don’t want trannys reading to kids, we want all gays to get back in the closet....

Got it.

Again, this is why many of us have a problem with this angry, militant mob.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I dont care what people do with themselves in private. But, Do you really have to go overboard to convince the world you are different and want to be excepted. Thats the problem. Tone it down. Do I get a parade because I banged the cashier girl at the local filling station. No.
You are free to hold your own parade, just like LGBT people do. We get permits, pay for security, pay for clean up, pay for police to close roads for parades, pay for EMTs, pay for advertising, pay for set up and break down of festivals. The city doesn't throw parades for pride month, WE do. If you want a parade go for it.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:06 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
...would any drag queen be offended if they didn't get to read to kids?

I'm trying to figure out what the big deal is....other than fabricated, made up, and invented...where did this even come from in the first place?...drag queens don't have a history of doing this ever
Smells like some fabricated..in your face BS....to push an agenda

...and divide people

How can you let one group of people do something....claiming they would be offended if they didn't get to do it
...and at the same time.....them doing that...offends other people

I thought "inclusive" meant no one gets offended....

Old 06-26-2019, 02:17 PM

63 posts, read 27,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Straight people read to children and march in the streets looking like idiots all the time.

What are you going on about with your examples then?
How do you know they are straight ? Do they wear straight pins or carry straight flags.?

Old 06-26-2019, 02:20 PM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Who are you kidding?

The entire purpose of having drag queens read to kids is to normalize their aberrant behavior--while sexualizing kids for good measure.
Yeah. This is pretty easy. I mean, they state it on their own website. To pretend that they're just there to "read to kids" is naive at best. It's social engineering. This is WAY too heavy of a subject to be exposed to kids.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:49 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
May 1, 2019

Second ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ Reader Exposed As A Pedophile

It has been discovered that a second Houston Public Library Drag Queen was convicted of multiple sexual assaults against young children

The pedophile who was involved with the reading of LGBT books to young children during public library events known as “Drag Queen Story Hour”, was outed as a convicted sex offender and pedophile, as well as a “transgender prostitute.”

And, this is not the first such incidence….back in March the Houston Public Library was forced to apologize to parents after a man who had volunteered to read to children during the DQSH also turned out to be a registered child sex offender.

https://newspunch.com/second-drag-qu...s-a-pedophile/

Old 06-26-2019, 03:07 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just like last year, it's not that people in general dislike the LGBT community, it's just that people are tired of the perception that the LGBT community themselves are intolerant and seem to revel in making people uncomfortable. It's one thing to seek acceptance, another to get in people's faces demanding 'rights' and delight in shocking them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/glaad-acc...205604705.html
Ah, so now you speak for all people do you? This person disagrees.

I have known LGBTQ people since I was in middle school, and my observation is that those that have worked so hard to push them into the corners were the only ones that discomforted. I have never felt ill at ease with someone choosing paths other than my own and see no reason why any thinking, caring person would.

Self-determination is key. Deciding how others should live is an anathema to our fundamental freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies