Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 06:45 AM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times

Advertisements

backfired on them big time.....

Almost all gay people are perfectly normal......they let a small minority...of a small minority...become the "face" of gays

...the question isn't "are you comfortable around gays"

It's are you comfortable around some in your face, radical, piece of trash....freak

Old 06-26-2019, 07:11 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just like last year, it's not that people in general dislike the LGBT community, it's just that people are tired of the perception that the LGBT community themselves are intolerant and seem to revel in making people uncomfortable. It's one thing to seek acceptance, another to get in people's faces demanding 'rights' and delight in shocking them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/glaad-acc...205604705.html
I got nothing against Gay people due to being around gay people here in NYC. Gay people have been cool with me being straight. I known great gay people and are very great to be around. The problem is that the social justice activist community pushed LGBT acceptance to hard down the throats of straight people who live in suburban, Christian black, white Christian catholic, and Muslim communities across America.. All of such groups I have mentioned reject LGBT culture due to thier own cultural or religious upbringing. The social justice activist should organically and slowly push LGBT inclusivity vs shoving down LGBT down the throats of everyone else. People will push back when they are being forced to accept something. Remember it is not the LGBT pushing thier own doctrine, but the social justice activist/warriors who are doing this. I say this as someone who loves LGBT people.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:16 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
This month especially it's like we're getting beat over the head with it. Instead of a hand held out in friendship it's more of a fist threatening to pummel us for any perceived wrong-think.
people are getting LGBTQRSTUV-fatigue.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:16 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Just like last year, it's not that people in general dislike the LGBT community, it's just that people are tired of the perception that the LGBT community themselves are intolerant and seem to revel in making people uncomfortable. It's one thing to seek acceptance, another to get in people's faces demanding 'rights' and delight in shocking them.

These days, in some cases, if you don’t become gay to support LGBT, you are automatically labeled as anti-LGBT.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:20 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
These days, in some cases, if you don’t become gay to support LGBT, you are automatically labeled as anti-LGBT.
this may be next.

Buenos Aires adopts transgender hiring quota

Old 06-26-2019, 07:30 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:

On what do you base this vague premise? For one thing, LGBTQ deserve equal rights, so lobbying for them is justified. Rights aren't just for straight white people. And I don't know where you get this "delighting in shocking straight people" idea. This isn't the 1950s Beaver Cleaver era. This is 2019. America is full of individuals of all races, ethnicities, sexes, and orientations. We are not all alike.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I suspect that is a natural progression as we become more informed and aware of alternative lifestyles.

Many Young Americans didn't know much about any of it before and weren't aware -- now more are and so proportionately more may struggle with the new concepts.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:37 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
5 years ago I was completely on the side of the LGBT community.

I still believe in and support gay rights and gay marriage but I pretty much despise all of them now due to becoming an angry radicalized mob that frequently targets children.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
5 years ago I was completely on the side of the LGBT community.

I still believe in and support gay rights and gay marriage but I pretty much despise all of them now due to becoming an angry radicalized mob that frequently targets children.
WHAT? Where -- cite an example.

Teaching kids about something isn't targeting them.

You were all on THEIR side as long as they stayed in the shadows.

That's not being on their side.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:41 AM

None of this is back firing.

It is a product of becoming more a part of our society.

All honesty -- the whole trans think and gender fluidity is odd to me -- worded in a certain way a survey might conclude that I am uncomfortable....but at the same time I'm glad that it is becoming more of our culture for this community and that they are truly not having to hide in a closet.

See how that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies