Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 01:55 PM

4,909 posts, read 2,059,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The economic recovery started during the Bide/Obama administration in 2009. Donald Trump has nothing to do with the current economy, nothing!
This is the stupidest thing I've read today... If you truly believe this, then please explain it to us mere simpletons.

Simply saying something doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 02:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
I wouldn't believe anything from the Washington Post. Wow, they talked to 30 Americans?

This might be closer to the truth:
“Even though the data show that low-wage earners are getting more raises recently, they’ve endured years of high unemployment and stagnant wages. So a couple of years with a few wage gains isn’t really changing their perception of their economic situation.” — Bloomberg

In other words, things were so crappy for so many years, they aren't quite ready to accept that things have improved.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why not study and become the nurse instead of the aid? The aid is not supposed to make much, but it shouldn't be a permanent position.
Exactly, and neither is "flipping burgers" at McDonald's. But Democraps like to point to these jobs as though they are a career.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Exactly, and neither is "flipping burgers" at McDonald's. But Democraps like to point to these jobs as though they are a career.
Democrats need someone to work on to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:58 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Not everyone who is in poverty can get pell grants. If someone has already obtained a degree previously and the field of study has since not been available to the person then the person cannot go back and get another degree unless he/she pays for it out of pocket. Someone in poverty would be unlikely to ever be able to afford to pay for college out of pocket. I have a college degree in a large, expanding field and cannot physically do the work in that field. I cannot ever receive student financial aid to obtain a degree in a field that has less physical activity. There are a lot of people in that situation. It would do no good for me to get another degree anyway. No employer has ever wanted to accommodate my many health problems and the government vocational experts said no employer would ever find the accommodations needed for me to be able to work to be reasonable. But others would benefit if they could get the finances to get a degree that would qualify them for jobs, but the system isn't set up that way. They cannot get the help to retrain for another field.

I am with you.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:00 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracer View Post
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if you handed a monthly stipend to many people in an effort to achieve wealth equality, the same people would be unable to pay their bills.

Imagine how bad those people were under obama and how much worse they would have been under hillary.

So many on welfare and food stamps under obama. Trump reduced the welfare state with jobs and the exploding economy.
a 1% er!

Old 07-28-2019, 03:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
This is the stupidest thing I've read today... If you truly believe this, then please explain it to us mere simpletons.

Simply saying something doesn't make it true.
Please explain how Trump or ANY other president regardless of party is responsible for jobs.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:51 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Please explain how Trump or ANY other president regardless of party is responsible for jobs.
I have never understood why people bring the president into such issues. The president is not some super human that oversees every little detail in the country. Jobs are more of a state issue.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:08 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
There are untold numbers of people who make enough money to pay the bills but can't because they live above their means.

How many people don't make enough money to pay the bills because there are no jobs available? There are jobs if people want them.

How many people are spending their earnings, SSI check on drugs, alcohol?

Sure, they can post results saying that 40% can't pay their bills, but will they specify why not?

Then you have the lazy who won't get a job and can't pay their bills.

It will always be this way.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:47 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's because you're anti-personal responsibility. The problem with that is you're enabling perpetual victimhood. That doesn't work for addicts or the poor. Enabling them keeps them trapped in addiction and/or poverty. You're doing them NO favors, and in fact are making things much worse for them.
Back up your bus just a bit please, because the problem begins with your claim I'm "enabling perpetual victimhood." Make even a small effort to get it right and you would better understand I advocate for whatever DOES work for people struggling with these problems. Nothing more and nothing else while at the same time understanding no remedy works for all problems or all people. None perfect.

What certainly doesn't work for anyone is the sort of right-winging perspective, posture and propaganda you are always so gun ho to promote regardless the data behind countless research about all these problems and how people CAN be helped. You do NO favors for anyone by always suggesting any and all such problems are self-imposed and simply a choice.

Well okay. I take that back. You do all who want to believe what you do the favor of perpetuating the nonsense, at the significant expense of those you want to send down the river of "victimhood." Perhaps because you don't care to do anyone any "favors." Takes effort and costs some money of course.

Not when it comes to MY wallet!

No need to explain further. We've all been hearing this dotard of a tune ever since Herbert Spencer coined the phrase "survival of the fittest."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies