Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 07:32 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Years ago, you saw Bush-Cheney, Romney-Ryan signs.

Now, you can't put MAGA signs on yards because it is socially unacceptable.

Trump caused this because he is controversial, period.
I would LOVE to have a big "Trump Fence" sign in front of my house! If I don't have a Trump sticker on my car, it's because I know that it would get vandalized by some liberal or illegal.

Liberals are social bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 07:39 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
LIke every white person is a KKK Grand Wizard, POC can NEVER do wrong. Those that follow the rules can pound sand, but illegals are beautiful? Religion is bad- except Islam. Islam that disapproves gays and is very misogynistic.
Oh I know Trumpers are bad; Sorry characters, really. About as bad as the cowardly, hateful left, who call anyone not in 100% agreement with heir wacky hatefilled ways, a 'Nazi"-knowing jack squat about what real nazi is.
The kind that doxx, shout down, threaten, beat on those who can;t fight back, or gang up on anyone who dare have any dissenting opinion. Their way or no way; either agree 100% or your a racist, sexist, rapist, oppressor who deserves to be harrassed and beaten. Alec Baldwin mocking Trump on SNL is hilarious-and it IS hilarious to me, yet e 9 yr old girl doing the same to The Royal Moonbat AOC, gets her dioxxed and threatened. Why one and not the other?
Rich old white men are the devil, yet their saviour Bernie or Joe Biden is one.
Left is just as hateful as the right, but more cowardly. This pains me as a Trump hater and lifelong liberal Democrat. I'm a bleeding heart, difference is, my heart bleeds for those that deserve i.
Left has no business ripping on Trumpers, until they get their own houses in order!!
and for the love off all things holy and sacred, today's lefties: lose that weight, take a bath, hit the weights, read a book and LEARN how to lead by example!! THAT is how to defeat Trump in 2020

The bolded prompted me to think about that big, disheveled woman screaming on the sidewalk at Trump’s inauguration.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:25 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,367,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
There hasn’t been a Grateful Dead show since 1995. You were at a Dead and Company show.

It may seem like nitpicking, but the difference is astronomical.
As a veteran of more than 50 Dead shows (with Jerry), I can tell you this current lineup of the Dead is as good as anything Jerry put forward, say post 1977.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:29 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:

.........and exit polls determined that Trump would lose the election in 2016 too because conservatives DON'T let the left know what the right is doing.

Last edited by 4dognight; 07-08-2019 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: forgot the word "don't"

Old 07-08-2019, 08:32 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
As a veteran of more than 50 Dead shows (with Jerry), I can tell you this current lineup of the Dead is as good as anything Jerry put forward, say post 1977.
As someone that saw them at Soldier Field not long before Jerry Garcia passed away, I mean no disrespect when I say they were horrible at that time. Barely moved, forgot lyrics, it was a train wreck. However, most of their fans were so baked they didn't notice.

I cannot imagine any current line-up and probably a couple cover bands out there that are not better than what I saw that day.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:36 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:

Trump support is VERY mainstream here in Louisiana outside of the black community. MAGA hats are still regularly seen as are Trump bumper stickers. Everytime I wear my MAGA hat I'm bound to get compliments from strangers. Nearly every non black person who has given their opinion on this issue has said they would vote for Trump again over any of the Democrat choices, even if some of them wish Trump was classier. They agree with his politics and definitely are afraid of the left wing radicalism from the Democrats.

Now people here are less likely to fly the Confederate flag in public now, though many have it inside their homes and most still wish the monuments had stayed up. The Bernie kind of liberalism has made few inroads here, thank God.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:45 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
The problem, really, is that left-wingers have chosen to be vile, mean-spirited, disrespectful, distasteful, closed-minded, and filled with rage and hate. They've made the choice to vandalize signs representing people and things with whom/which they disagree. The saddest thing of all is, the media has supported this asinine, heinous behavior from the left throughout this entire time, choosing not to stand up against it. President Trump is not to blame for any of this. Meanwhile, the liberals have not acted with any kind of class since their 2016 loss. It is that simple.

Socially unacceptable?? Only if you let the media shape your thinking.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:02 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
As a veteran of at least 150 shows, I think this is a crazy statement. I have seen most of the different post-Jerry iterations, including this one, and none of them even come close. I have left all of them with the feeling that something huge is missing. The soul of the band died in 1995.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:07 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As someone that saw them at Soldier Field not long before Jerry Garcia passed away, I mean no disrespect when I say they were horrible at that time. Barely moved, forgot lyrics, it was a train wreck. However, most of their fans were so baked they didn't notice.

I cannot imagine any current line-up and probably a couple cover bands out there that are not better than what I saw that day.
I am the first to admit, that the 90s weren’t their best decade. But even then, they had some pretty amazing shows as well. And I would still rather see Garcia play on a bad night than anyone they have since “replaced” him with.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:18 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:

Depends on where you live. I see you live in New Jersey. Trump is hated there. I live in Georgia. Where I live I can still find people with MAGA bumper stickers and Trump signs. In addition, some individuals with Confederate flags flying in their front yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies