Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2019, 04:47 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Years ago, you saw Bush-Cheney, Romney-Ryan signs.

Now, you can't put MAGA signs on yards because it is socially unacceptable.

Trump caused this because he is controversial, period.
Way too soon. Not to mention the leftist Brown Shirts mobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 05:02 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
I’d never put a Trump sign out, as my home would be vandalized by Democrats. Not worth it. I’ll just quietly mark my ballot for him next November.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:07 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,946 times
I was at a Grateful Dead concert last week, a bunch of liberal peace loving hippies right? I heard a few people behind me point out a man with a trump hat and one of them said I’m going to go spill my beer on him and the other one said why bother let’s take him out. Of course they were too chicken to do anything. Nice people.

I no longer post anything political on Facebook for fear of liberal retribution.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't remember people being physically assaulted for wearing "X" candidates apparel or signs being torn down in the yard.

People now have gone off their rockers attacking people wearing MAGA hats and the like.

I'm probably going to have to hold my nose and vote for Trump because the dems have gone too far left. Will I tell anyone I voted for Trump, probably not. I don't want to get any grief from someone suffering TDS.
Really? You don't remember? How quickly we forget.
"...Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America....

"From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders..."

Obama election spurs race threats, crimes - US news - Life - Race & ethnicity | NBC News

Old 07-08-2019, 06:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I would never put a political sign in my yard or on my car - - it's a good way to be vandalized. Heck, I'd barely feel comfortable doing it with a sports team in some parts of the country.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Well said.

I would never put trash on my lawn by choice. I like keep my property neat and clean. Those signs at best are tacky.
Worse still it shows who the sheep in the neighborhood really are. I don't know how anyone could possibly invest themselves so completely in a professional liar, that they would display any politicians Vote for me sign.

You show me a car covered in campaign bumper stickers and I'll show you a true zealot. Hardliners are an all in or all out type personality.

The trump supporters I know still have their bumper stickers and signs in the yard. They defend him with the same zeal that Obama worshippers supported Obama.

Americans love to treat their politicians like rock stars.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:46 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Well it was meant a a bit of fun but as Dane in La
explained they can indeed be both or rather they
need to be both.
I read Dane’s explanation and it didn't really cut it for me either. “They need to be strong and weak at the same time.”

By the fact that the “silent majority” is silent, that nullifies any strength that being in the majority may give them. Maybe if they were the “vocal majority” it would work. So they only have victimhood (weakness) without any strength.

The only day that the silent majority has any power is on Election Day.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:52 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I was at a Grateful Dead concert last week, a bunch of liberal peace loving hippies right? I heard a few people behind me point out a man with a trump hat and one of them said I’m going to go spill my beer on him and the other one said why bother let’s take him out. Of course they were too chicken to do anything. Nice people.

I no longer post anything political on Facebook for fear of liberal retribution.
There hasn’t been a Grateful Dead show since 1995. You were at a Dead and Company show.

It may seem like nitpicking, but the difference is astronomical.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, perhaps that lengthy history has a bit to do with it. That, and the way he has lied about our former President. Perhaps also the fact that he refers to every Democrat as the enemy of the people and states we hate this country.

He fostered division and he got it.

The poor dears. Just as Trump has convinced HIMSELF that at the same time as being the Leader of the Free World - He is also a persecuted victim. His followers have convinced themselves of the same thing.

Poor babies.
LIke every white person is a KKK Grand Wizard, POC can NEVER do wrong. Those that follow the rules can pound sand, but illegals are beautiful? Religion is bad- except Islam. Islam that disapproves gays and is very misogynistic.
Oh I know Trumpers are bad; Sorry characters, really. About as bad as the cowardly, hateful left, who call anyone not in 100% agreement with heir wacky hatefilled ways, a 'Nazi"-knowing jack squat about what real nazi is.
The kind that doxx, shout down, threaten, beat on those who can;t fight back, or gang up on anyone who dare have any dissenting opinion. Their way or no way; either agree 100% or your a racist, sexist, rapist, oppressor who deserves to be harrassed and beaten. Alec Baldwin mocking Trump on SNL is hilarious-and it IS hilarious to me, yet e 9 yr old girl doing the same to The Royal Moonbat AOC, gets her doxxed and threatened. Why one and not the other?
Rich old white men are the devil, yet their saviour Bernie or Joe Biden is one.
Left is just as hateful as the right, but more cowardly. This pains me as a Trump hater and lifelong liberal Democrat. I'm a bleeding heart, difference is, my heart bleeds for those that deserve i.
Left has no business ripping on Trumpers, until they get their own houses in order!!
and for the love off all things holy and sacred, today's lefties: lose that weight, take a bath, hit the weights, read a book and LEARN how to lead by example!! THAT is how to defeat Trump in 2020

Old 07-08-2019, 07:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nope. Nope. Nope

No sign in my yard ... people are lunatics.

Though I do make my better half wear this in public every now and again .... it's fun watching people get all wound up and then realize what it actually says.

I always thought red was something about Breast Cancer?

Old 07-08-2019, 07:32 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Even if I dislike a candidate or what they stand for, it angers me to hear of someone vandalizing property, making threats, or harassing someone over a political sign or opposing viewpoint. While there are is a small minority of "violent leftists" do exist, the news media make them seem more common than they really are to sell news, and I think there is also some paranoia fearing this and imagining it to be more common than it really is.

In terms of whether someone should advertise their viewpoints, I always wonder why businesses put out political signs, since they have a risky chance at alienating a good percentage of their customer base. They may gain the support of some, but they end up risking a loss of business in the process. They have a constitutionally protected right of free expression of their political views on private property, but that doesn't mean that's the wisest business decision. The situation a previous poster mentioned about the realtor placing political signs in their client's yard...wow, that really is presumptuous to assume your clients are going to be okay with that, and it's simply not professional.

Last edited by Jowel; 07-08-2019 at 07:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies