Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 03:55 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So Trump supporters believe they are a silent majority yet are also somehow persecuted victims? Which is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
They can't make up their mind!

This whole thread reads like a circle jerk by angst ridden
and paranoid Trump snowflakes.
Without getting into the accuracies (or inaccuracies) of the actual statement, why couldn’t a group be both? I mean, it is not like you picked two opposites here. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Sort of like saying “Democrats can be violent, yet somehow they like eating mayonnaise. Which is it?”

See, it make no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 03:59 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
It's "socially unacceptable" because the unhinged leftists cannot be trusted to avoid violence against property and person.

I'll display my support for Trump in the voting booth, not on my house or vehicle or person. Don't need to be physically attacked, as the left has shown its violent propensities way too many times.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:01 PM

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Trump is purely toxic in some places. We had a local real estate broker trying to sell property in the neighborhood and he would stick a Trump sign in the yard with the For Sale sign. He was very out of touch - this is a blue state. None of the properties sold and he finally gave up and took the signs down.

We had a local blow-hard MAGA guy move here a couple years ago. He wouldn't shut up about Trump but could not articulate any real reason for his support. He would get into shouting matches but things never quite got physical but he got his feeling hurt pretty often. He ended up moving to another state because this town didn't "feel like home". He misread his surroundings just like the real estate guy.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:10 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Without getting into the accuracies (or inaccuracies) of the actual statement, why couldn’t a group be both? I mean, it is not like you picked two opposites here. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Sort of like saying “Democrats can be violent, yet somehow they like eating mayonnaise. Which is it?â€

See, it make no sense.
Well it was meant a a bit of fun but as Dane in La
explained they can indeed be both or rather they
need to be both.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:15 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Jeez, where I am from you could literally get yourself killed if you flew a Trump flag or sported a Trump sign... literally killed! And nobody would care you were dead, it would be like "ah, so and so deserved it they supported the bigot"...
Wow. I guess people in your area never heard of the First Amendment?

Old 07-08-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you call side with the murderers and call the dead victim a "bigot" (and presumably deserving it) for exercising his right to support Trump for President.

Must be a terrible place to live.
And this is why the democrats are the true enemies of the USA. They are against the first amendment, second amendment and the constitution over all. And if you don't think like they do, then they want you dead. Reminds me of Nazi Germany for sure.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
I don't see many Trump signs around......even in Florida where he was largely "invented" (the Wall was made up in a Sarasota Speech)......some in the neighborhood had them up for a year afterwards......so, yeah, my guess is they want to hedge their bets like "conservatives" did with the Wars and Recession....

That is, if things turn out badly they will claim they somewhat knew all along....of course, the "core" 15 or 20% would still say he was the best POTUS in history even if he ends up in jail or #45 out of 45 (where he stands now).

Old 07-08-2019, 04:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Wow. I guess people in your area never heard of the First Amendment?
Maybe they heard of the 2nd and were taking "2nd amendment remedies" or something?

We don't know until we have "proof"......

Old 07-08-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I don't risk expressing my support for President Trump in public.
Just too many violent, deranged leftists out there.
Including our own leaders like Maxine Waters, who was calling for her supporters to go out there and harass Trump supporters. Seriously, why has this woman not been arrested for soliciting public endangerment?

Old 07-08-2019, 04:38 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
It is socially unacceptable to support Trump-that's why you don't see signs no more

TRANSLATION: Liberals don't like it.

And they'll harangue, harass, attack, lie about, and generally make life miserable for anyone who disagrees with them. And use their accomplices in the media to pretend they are much bigger and or numerous than they are, to fool people into thinking they have the backing of the people.

That's why you don't see signs no more. Life's too short to deal with liars and con artists like liberals. Only to find my yard sign stolen or burned, my tires slashed by people who then ran away, and crowds of mindless drones chanting in the street on my block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies