Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 08:23 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Show me where I stated that I have issues with old white men?

Try holding a rational discussion...and see how that work out for you.
Quote:
"The old white men in control of these enterprises enjoy living in their ivory towers while the minions follow their brainwashing agenda which keeps the old white men comfy in their ivory towers."

I'll give you it MAY have two meanings

1.you have something against old white men

or

2. you are so naïve that you think nearly all CEO/owners are old white men

More than 11.6 million firms are owned by women,

40% of ALL US businesses are owned by women

Businesses owned by women in the US generate $3.1 trillion in revenue

so you tell me how to interpret your statement above.....are you age/gender/race biased to where you have a dislike for old white men.....or are you that naïve about who the CEOs/owners of businesses are....its one or the other

Old 09-29-2019, 08:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
LOL I think the minions are the ones who look bad from my statement.

You rarely find young white men owning oil companies or serving as CEO's for them. I wonder why that is?
you rarely find any very young person owning business unless it is a startup..... its called experience.....

but there are plenty of young CEOs
Earl “Duke” Austin, Jr., CEO of Quanta Services Inc., a provider of specialized contracting services to electric power and gas industries 46...not young enough for you?
Keith Cozza, aged 37, has served as President and CEO of Icahn Enterprises L.P.....still not young enough for you??
Mark Zuckerberg, aged 32, is the chairman, CEO and co-founder of Facebook Inc

Nicholas J. DeIuliis … CNX Gas.... Age: 39..... Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
Jon S. Brumley ….Encore Acquisition....Age: 38.....Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
John C. Hellmann....Genesee & Wyoming....Age: 37....Industry: Freight Railroads

so again you prove with your text that you have something against old people.....

nuff said

Last edited by workingclasshero; 09-29-2019 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-29-2019, 08:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,266,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you rarely find any very young person owning business unless it is a startup..... its called experience.....

so again you prove with your text that you have something against old people.....

nuff said
Sure just keep telling yourself this.

Your reality is not my reality. Stop trying to shove your irrational reality on me. Your misinterpretations of what I posted are all about you not me.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:31 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,266,278 times
Let's get back to the topic of this thread shall we?

Norway - Green Technologies & Renewable Energy

Norway and its Nordic neighbors are considered world leaders in the use of renewable energy, clean technology and alternative fuels. Norway has accepted a number of international commitments to reduce emissions (including from carbon dioxide, sulphur and NOX). Emissions of carbon dioxide has proven to be a challenge for Norway, given its role as a significant exporter of oil and gas. Still, Norway considers itself a global environmental champion and is on the leading edge of several clean energy technologies, especially concerning hydropower, carbon capture and storage, solar and offshore wind.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do those electric cars require lithium, petroleum and other caustic chemicals for production?
Good question. And what do they use to generate electricity in Norway? Until recently, my power company was generating my electricity with coal, so an electric care equaled a coal-fired car. Now they're using natural gas, which is guess is a little better.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:56 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That's why the government has to subsidize them. Let the market decide. What do people want to drive? Large trucks and SUV's. None of which are electric. And when they do come out with electric versions? Novelties as you say.
Uh, Amazon just ordered 100,000 delivery vans...They are electric, and are not small.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...ry-bezos-2021/

Old 09-29-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Sure, Lithium production sucks, I am all for slashing the use of any cars, period.

Not sure about recycling Lithium from old batteries, so at least it would not be wasted.
Lithium may soon not be the first choice in batteries for EVs. Honda is developing new battery technology as are others.

Honda says that the cells don't pose a safety risk from overheating and believes that they can reach energy densities up to 10 times higher than the theoretical limits of lithium-ion batteries. Higher energy densities could allow automakers to build cars with 300 miles of range or more with smaller, lighter, and cheaper battery packs.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...ed-lithium-ion

Old 09-29-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
It's interesting to learn that about 24 per cent of Norway's cars already run on electricity, and it is a heavy producer of renewable energy with more than 99 per cent of electricity covered by hydropower.

Norway will also become the first country in the world to commit to zero deforestation.

Because the US oil and gas profits are in the Billions. The old white men in control of these enterprises enjoy living in their ivory towers while the minions follow their brainwashing agenda which keeps the old white men comfy in their ivory towers.

In 2010, the U.S. oil and gas industry's total revenue came to around 146 billion U.S. dollars. By 2018, the revenue had increased to more than 180 billion U.S. dollars.
On top of that the subsidies given to fossil fuel companies is in the trillions globally...That needs to stop.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:05 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Good question. And what do they use to generate electricity in Norway? Until recently, my power company was generating my electricity with coal, so an electric care equaled a coal-fired car. Now they're using natural gas, which is guess is a little better.
Natural gas is a fossil fuel.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm going to hopefully get a brand new truck in about a year. I'm going to need you to make some more cuts to your lifestyle please.
Check out the Rivian... The futuristic Rivian R1T is an all-electric pickup truck from new American startup brand Rivian, and it promises more than 400 miles of driving range and acceleration times comparable with those of a supercar.

https://www.caranddriver.com/rivian/r1t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies