Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 06:11 AM

79 posts, read 51,240 times

Advertisements

Trump is:

Crude
Lewd
Rude

Those are three reasons not to vote for him OR those are three reasons to vote for him.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:15 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I can do without a crime boss running a protection racket from the White House.

I can do without the shackles of religious freedom.

I can do without holding Hispanic children in concentration camps
1) But you were willing to vote for Hillary.

2) What's wrong with religious freedom? Would you prefer we go back to the era of Nazi Germany, where Jews who wanted to survive had to hide their Judaism?

3) It's not only insulting to those of us whose direct ancestors (the majority of our great-grandparents, great-aunts, and great-uncles) were slaughtered for their religion, but it's especially ironic given that in your reason above, you advocate for religious limitations.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Not only has Hillary been investigated 10x more than Trump and nothing found, but it has been PROVEN that much of the crap thrown at her was created by fake news accounts spread by Conservative talking heads, including POTUS himself.

Hillary was not my first choice (although I question now if my reasons for thinking her "unlikable" were influenced by right-wing fake-news), but in a head-to-head against Trump, where the deciding factor is integrity, lawfulness, decency, or abuse of office, she wins in a landslide.

So yeah, if for no other reason than "she was better than Trump", she had my vote. (That was not the only reason, but it was reason enough.)

Old 09-25-2019, 06:28 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,240,225 times
1) Trickle down economic has resulted in a declining middle class and increasing wealth gap. Add to this reduction in class mobility which is the hallmark of American Capitalism, you work your way up, not your born and stuck unless you get lucky or know someone in the right places. We need a change to how Capitalism works in America, at least some guide rails or the middle class decline will continue regardless of the Jobs numbers.

2) Healthcare legislation and improvements. You might not agree with all solutions proposed by Democrats, but at least they have something. What is the Republican plan? Been waiting for almost 10 years now.

3) Lack of solutions from the Right on many issues: Infrastructure, Education and Student loans, Food supply and cost, corporate control of politics and politicians. A whole host of issues many Americans want solutions for that Republicans have not addressed.

If you look at this forum it is clear what Republicans run on: Decrease or no Taxes, Increased Military spending, Increased Police spending, Increased Immigration spending , and Big Corporation success including bailouts (feds pumping money now) .

Those issues make great bumper stickers but skip the big issues the middle class is dealing with right now. It is difficult for Middle class Americans to find a good school for their kids in a place they can afford. Quality of food and cost of non-processed food is an issue for American families, add in child care cost, student loans, lack of pay raises for the middle class, and it is easy to understand why the birth rate is falling.

Look I am not a Democrat but I do understand why we have two parties. And I can be honest in saying WE NEED BOTH PARTIES. If one party is in power for too long then too many issues get ignored resulting in a declining middle class and country overall. Unless Republicans have a plan for those issues noted and will actually write legislation and not gibber jabber about it on TV only.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:28 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

2) What's wrong with religious freedom? Would you prefer we go back to the era of Nazi Germany, where Jews who wanted to survive had to hide their Judaism?

3) It's not only insulting to those of us whose direct ancestors (the majority of our great-grandparents, great-aunts, and great-uncles) were slaughtered for their religion, but it's especially ironic given that in your reason above, you advocate for religious limitations.
Many of my relatives are women, who will have their bodies controlled by the religious right if these fanatics have their way.

I have some relatives that are gay, who cannot marry their lovers under religious fanatic rule.

Your accusations of Hillary are backed by thin air.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:33 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,787 times
Gabbard and Buttigieg have military training. With youth and grappling experience, they are capable of grabbing Trump.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
1) Trickle down economic has resulted in a declining middle class and increasing wealth gap. Add to this reduction in class mobility which is the hallmark of American Capitalism, you work your way up, not your born and stuck unless you get lucky or know someone in the right places. We need a change to how Capitalism works in America, at least some guide rails or the middle class decline will continue regardless of the Jobs numbers.

2) Healthcare legislation and improvements. You might not agree with all solutions proposed by Democrats, but at least they have something. What is the Republican plan? Been waiting for almost 10 years now.

3) Lack of solutions from the Right on many issues: Infrastructure, Education and Student loans, Food supply and cost, corporate control of politics and politicians. A whole host of issues many Americans want solutions for that Republicans have not addressed.

If you look at this forum it is clear what Republicans run on: Decrease or no Taxes, Increased Military spending, Increased Police spending, Increased Immigration spending , and Big Corporation success including bailouts (feds pumping money now) .

Those issues make great bumper stickers but skip the big issues the middle class is dealing with right now. It is difficult for Middle class Americans to find a good school for their kids in a place they can afford. Quality of food and cost of non-processed food is an issue for American families, add in child care cost, student loans, lack of pay raises for the middle class, and it is easy to understand why the birth rate is falling.

Look I am not a Democrat but I do understand why we have two parties. And I can be honest in saying WE NEED BOTH PARTIES. If one party is in power for too long then too many issues get ignored resulting in a declining middle class and country overall. Unless Republicans have a plan for those issues noted and will actually write legislation and not gibber jabber about it on TV only.
Disagree with 1 and 3 strongly but still, the above is the ONLY well written and thought out set of reasons. Kudos.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:46 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
1. Higher Taxes
2. Fewer jobs
4. More Illegals

Old 09-25-2019, 06:49 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
1. Higher Taxes
2. Fewer jobs
4. More Illegals
Worse math.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not only has Hillary been investigated 10x more than Trump and nothing found, but it has been PROVEN that much of the crap thrown at her was created by fake news accounts spread by Conservative talking heads, including POTUS himself.

Hillary was not my first choice (although I question now if my reasons for thinking her "unlikable" were influenced by right-wing fake-news), but in a head-to-head against Trump, where the deciding factor is integrity, lawfulness, decency, or abuse of office, she wins in a landslide.

So yeah, if for no other reason than "she was better than Trump", she had my vote. (That was not the only reason, but it was reason enough.)
What do you mean "she was investigated 10x more and nothing found"? That's because she was being "investigated" by partisan Democrats determined to let her off. Deleting half of her emails was fake news? Setting up an illegal server to hide her nefarious dealings was fake news? That she was so desperate to keep the truth from voters that she destroyed evidence under subpoena?

And you are actually going to defend Hillary on the basis of integrity, lawfulness, decent and abuss of office - and that she would win in a landslide given those factors? News flash: all those things were in the table, and she LOST in a landslide. The MAIN reason for her defeat were not her policies, but her blatant dishonesty and flouting of laws.

She and her rapist husband have being running the Clinton Crime Family for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies