Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBierstadt View Post
Trump is:

Crude
Lewd
Rude

Those are three reasons not to vote for him OR those are three reasons to vote for him.
Just fighting fire with fire. I know, you prefer someone who Libs can push around to get your way and Trump isn't it.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not only has Hillary been investigated 10x more than Trump and nothing found, but it has been PROVEN that much of the crap thrown at her was created by fake news accounts spread by Conservative talking heads, including POTUS himself.

Hillary was not my first choice (although I question now if my reasons for thinking her "unlikable" were influenced by right-wing fake-news), but in a head-to-head against Trump, where the deciding factor is integrity, lawfulness, decency, or abuse of office, she wins in a landslide.

So yeah, if for no other reason than "she was better than Trump", she had my vote. (That was not the only reason, but it was reason enough.)
If that's what you believe then you obviously haven't been around long.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:51 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Those are some quite nebulous "reasons" which could be ascribed to any candidate and their base. Your contentions are emotional tripe.

1. Our Constitution has been secured by Trump against dems who want to eliminate the 2nd and 10th amendments, as well as the electoral college.

2. Securing our nation- Trump is attempting to secure the entry of dangerous illegals and terrorists at the border- the dems oppose that.

3. To eliminate lawless and corrupt administration- the only criminal acts I am aware of in the last 30 years were committed by Obama and Clinton. If Trump committed actual crimes (instead of in the minds of dems) he would have been out of office.

What are the specific AGENDAS of the dems that make them more appealing than Trump? Do the dems have ANY ideas for legislative changes that would make them appealing to the majority of citizens?
Talk about emotional tripe?

1. Our Constitution has been secured by Trump against dems who want to eliminate the 2nd and 10th amendments, as well as the electoral college.

How many bills have Democrats introduced to repeal the 2nd or 10th amendments, or amend the Constitution to eliminate the Electoral College? What specifically has Trump done to thwart them?

2. Securing our nation- Trump is attempting to secure the entry of dangerous illegals and terrorists at the border- the dems oppose that.

You seriously believe that anyone, Dem or Repub, wants to let terrorists into the country?

3. To eliminate lawless and corrupt administration

For starters, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort, George Papadopoulos , Rick Gates. All in jail or under indictment. Ryan Zinke and Scott Pruitt. The phony Trump Foundation. The phony Trump University. Taking money that was earmarked for the DoD and putting it toward building a wall that was specifically rejected by Congress. Bribing the leader of a foreign country to smear his opponent.

Specific agenda items of Democrats? How about protecting American's healthcare from Trump, who wanted to throw out Obamacare with no replacement plan, which would deprive million of health insurance, including no coverage for pre-existing conditions?

How about repealing the tax cuts of 2017, which overwhelmingly benefit the rich, and replace with tax relief targeted to lower and middle class?

How about ending the stupid trade war, with the tariffs that hurt American consumers, farmers and businesses?

Old 09-25-2019, 11:10 AM

858 posts, read 708,080 times
vote for a democrat or not. you have other options. vote 3rd party or write in a candidate. any of those are good options so if you choose Trump over any of those then i question your decision making

Old 09-25-2019, 11:12 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually the point is to answer the op's question ---> Give 3 reasons why we should vote for a Democrat and not for Trump?
In fairness, I tried to give an honest, detailed answer but was told that the humanity's effect on the climate is a Democrat hoax designed to increase taxes and crash the economy, so I'm not sure anyone is looking for real answers here.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:16 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
"Libs, give me 3 reasons why we should vote for a Democrat and not for Trump?"

I'm not going to waste my time. Nothing I, or anyone else says is going to change your mind anyway.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:24 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,410,535 times
I notice every single reason a Dem lists for voting blue, basically boils down to "I hate Trump". The fact that none of you can provide a reason why *specific Democratic candidates are *specifically* better than Trump* proves how weak the Dems will be next year.

Trump was able to distinguish himself not only from Dems, but other Republicans very well in 2016. He proved he's a businessman, not a career establishment politician. He had a clear agenda, a message, and a terrific campaign that obviously energized and grew a massive base. No Dem running for 2020 has done any of these things. For this reason, I strongly believe Trump will steamroll the Dem nominee in 2020.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:25 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
How about 300?

Old 09-25-2019, 11:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Why vote for either one of them? To protest, vote for the Libertarian or other third party on the ballot.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:35 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
I notice every single reason a Dem lists for voting blue, basically boils down to "I hate Trump". The fact that none of you can provide a reason why *specific Democratic candidates are *specifically* better than Trump* proves how weak the Dems will be next year.

Trump was able to distinguish himself not only from Dems, but other Republicans very well in 2016. He proved he's a businessman, not a career establishment politician. He had a clear agenda, a message, and a terrific campaign that obviously energized and grew a massive base. No Dem running for 2020 has done any of these things. For this reason, I strongly believe Trump will steamroll the Dem nominee in 2020.
Incorrect. I want our government to actually accomplish something for us. Something besides vacationing every weekend and rallying. That isn't specifically aimed at Trump because I don't care who is POTUS; I don't want to spend my tax dollars on any President who spends 1/3 of his term on vacation, if not more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies