Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:58 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I can do without a crime boss running a protection racket from the White House.

I can do without the shackles of religious freedom.

I can do without holding Hispanic children in concentration camps
That's why Obama is no longer the President and President Trump is fixing the broken system, caused by Obama/Biden!

Old 09-25-2019, 10:01 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm not a Liberal, but here are just some reasons I will not support Trump in 2020 despite being a reliable Republican voter prior for decades prior to 2016.

1. Foreign policy - Trump's insular foreign policy is nothing short of disastrous. He has not only undermined American credibility and soft power abroad, he has done so at a time when the Chinese and their BRI are thrilled to filled the void and take on the role of global leader, except on their terms. Whether you agree or disagree with the overall benefit of trade globalization (with, insanely, so-called conservatives opposing it in favor of mercantalism), America being able to dictate the global order as a leader has been of tremendous benefit to our growth and prosperity since 1945. Ceding that power makes no sense at all. The Democratic candidates are advocating for a more collaborative foreign policy approach than the long-outdated Westphalian rant presented by Trump at the UN yesterday. We are in a global, modern world, like it or not.

2. Trade policy - abandoning the TPP was an insanely stupid move, as was Trump's approach to NAFTA. While multi-lateral trade policies are never perfect, simply blowing them up instead of proposing intelligent and constructive changes is not a good idea. Moreover, no matter how much Trump supporters wish to stick their heads in the sand, the trade war with China not only hurts American taxpayers more than it helps, it is being conducted much in the same way as trade agreements, which is to say that there appears to be no detail or endgame. The demands the current administration amount to the complete revamp of the Chinese economic model, which is frankly not going to happen. The Democrats are offering an opportunity for a "reset" with this trade war insanity which is, at worst, addition by subtraction of Trump's "I'm a tariff man" policy from the equation.

3(a). Climate change - yes, I know many of you are climate change deniers but the fact of the matter is that, among young conservatives of all people, 59% believe climate change is already affecting America. The Brookings Institute just released an analysis of economic damage expected to occur if we continue down the current path, and the numbers are devastating, particularly South of the Mason-Dixon. The current President not only believes climate change is a hoax, for some unknown reason he is intent on rolling back environmental protections even when manufacturers prefer he not do so. While Trump appears to want to roll back environmental protections for no reason other than to "stick it to the libs," the Democratic candidates are proposing mostly market-based solutions to combat the problem. Despite the right wing rhetoric, no one is proposing banning cows or cars. Personally, I believe a carbon tax with the proceeds distributed to all Americans in a lump sum would be a tax-payer neutral way to encourage market based solutions without hurting the taxpayer - an approach supported by ExxonMobil and Total, amongst other oil giants. Are their solutions all perfect? No. Are they better than sticking our collective heads in the sand and calling climate change a "hoax"? Without question.

3(b). Violation of political norms/expansionism of Executive power/opacity - for climate change deniers, I add this little extra reason. Trump has been the biggest offender in the untrammeled expansion of Executive power since its lowest ebb during the era immediately after Nixon. The latest shameless refusal to follow the law regarding whistleblower protections is just the most recent in a slew of opacity (whether by lying or stonewalling) that is far beyond what we have seen in the past. Think of the debacle with Wilbur Ross and the citizenship question on the census, where the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court basically called him an outright liar. Think of his refusal to disclose his financial ties. And while it is true that other Presidents have been opaque, expanded executive power, and lied to the public, Trump's unique shamelessness and total disregard for truthfulness puts him in a whole new category, as does his boorish, belligerent behavior. Taken alone, any one of these issues concerning the current administration's opacity would be concerning, taken together, they are beyond troubling. To date, the Democratic candidates have been far more transparent.

We could also get into Domestic policy/economics more (particularly where his pressure on the Fed is dangerous), but the fact of the matter is that the next President will almost assuredly face a House or Senate controlled by a different party, which will stymie most of their Domestic policy agenda.
I believe in Climate change, NOT in climate fear mongering like the left has been doing for decades to raise taxes.

In the 70's the oil was going to run out. Eating fish was going to make us die, and the rest of the liberal predictions that all have by now been proven to be false as the time frames expired without anything liberals claimed to happen! That is enough proof.

Al Gore became millionaire over the backs of liberals as I doubt that many Republicans paid a penny to him. Maybe ask for a credit!

Old 09-25-2019, 10:02 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You're free to vote for whom you want to vote for. I doubt anyone is changing your mind, so I'm not sure what the point is of this thread
Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing about your post ^^^. MAGA Trump 2000 (and if he is impeached, (which he won't be) re-elect him anyway).

Old 09-25-2019, 10:09 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Google Trump lies. You will get a number exceeding 12,000 lies detailed in some 67 million search results.

Sure politicians are less than honest and have people paid to spin issues but Trump is compulsive about it. He lies about everything, even things that don't really matter. It is often blatant, dramatic and excessive to the point of mental illness.

Look up Hitler's lies. He doesn't come close to the garbage Trump spews. Neither does anyone else.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I can do without a crime boss running a protection racket from the White House.

I can do without the shackles of religious freedom.

I can do without holding Hispanic children in concentration camps
Do you have a clue, even a shred of a clue, how vacuous, mindless, thoughtless, fact-less and just plain asinine your post ^^^ is?

None of those thing describe President Trump to any degree, and the fact that you claim we have concentration camps in the U.S. (where people where systematically stripped of all valuable, even their hair used in mattress production, worked/starved/gassed to death, had the gold stripped from their teeth and incinerated) is a disgrace on YOUR part. I am ashamed and disgusted at, for and of your post.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Google Trump lies. You will get a number exceeding 12,000 lies detailed in some 67 million search results.

Sure politicians are less than honest and have people paid to spin issues but Trump is compulsive about it. He lies about everything, even things that don't really matter. It is often blatant, dramatic and excessive to the point of mental illness.

Look up Hitler's lies. He doesn't come close to the garbage Trump spews. Neither does anyone else.
What utter bilge you spew. Now if you want lies, HUGE lies such as "Keep your Doctor", "Keep your plan" or "Your healthcare costs will go down $2,500 per family", you need to focus on the previous occupant of the White House.

Have you no shame whatsoever (I ask because you have great cause to, based on your post ^^^^)?

Last edited by Open-D; 09-25-2019 at 10:29 AM..

Old 09-25-2019, 10:13 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
1. Mexico didn't pay for a wall
2. Rust belt job loses
3. Coal miners out of jobs and pay.

Those three things got him elected and let all those people down.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

Google???? Ha,ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Google, he says.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You're free to vote for whom you want to vote for. I doubt anyone is changing your mind, so I'm not sure what the point is of this thread
Actually the point is to answer the op's question ---> Give 3 reasons why we should vote for a Democrat and not for Trump?

Old 09-25-2019, 10:37 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
To preserve our Constitution

To secure our Nation

To eliminate a lawless and corrupt and detrimental administration
Thank you-those are exactly the reasons we voted for Trump instead of Hillary after the Obama debacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies