Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 07:31 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The average GDP growth of the numbers I posted above is 2.56%.

When Obama took office the economy was already in a deep recession. If you exclude the first 2 quarters of his term which was still in a recession his growth averaged 2.1%. Not that different from Trump.

And yes, it's only 3 years into Trump's term, plenty of time for Trump's numbers to get even closer to Obama's.

Still closer to 3% than Obama's paltry 1.6% even with near zero interest rates and two TRILLION dollar stimuli. You forget those.

So you are hoping for the American economy to SUFFER to make Trump look bad. Nice. You are disgusting, and so partisan you are against the American citizen. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 07:33 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure

The stock market hit a brick wall about 19 months ago, and has made practically zero gains since then.
You can choose not to believe me, I don't really care. Its money in the bank for me that I see with my own two eyes. The data I provided comes straight from their website, not my calculations. If you aren't doing that well, seek professional help, or stop making investment decisions based on who the POTUS is.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Not only was the GDP number a big disappointment, but September job gains were also trimmed down by 42,000 to 93,000. September jobs figure was an anemic 135K, so we're getting close to zero gains territory.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:41 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Still closer to 3% than Obama's paltry 1.6% even with near zero interest rates and two TRILLION dollar stimuli. You forget those.

So you are hoping for the American economy to SUFFER to make Trump look bad. Nice. You are disgusting, and so partisan you are against the American citizen. Disgusting.
You're complaining about others being partisan? That's a bit rich.

What's even worse is the weak real median wage growth at the end of a business cycle. This means any gains and some will be erased once the recession hits. So another lost decade for the working class, which means 50 years of no wage growth for the typical working stiff male while the super rich have amassed so much of the national income they dont know what to do with it.

Its outrageous why people defend this garbage.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Still celebrating hits to our economy?
No, just calling a spade a spade, Pedro. All of you were up on your high horses, bragging about what a great effect Trump had on the economy, when, in reality, all he did was inherit an already improving economy via Obama. So, fair is fair......you have to take the good with the bad.

All the indicators are there that the economy has peaked and is now beginning to slow down. I work in a luxury industry, one of the first things to so South when things get worse, and we are seeing a marked slowdown in sales and traffic. A lot of companies are anticipating reductions, and are freezing things like hiring new people and taking on larger inventories.

But, just for a minute, let's pretend that the economy was still improving. My question, that I never get an answer to on here is, "What has Donald Trump done personally that has affected it ?" All I see him do , all day long, is tweet insulting messages to other people, fly off to either Mar A Lago or a rally, and complain about the ongoing investigations into his corruption.

Has he ever called in leaders of major corporations to try to stimulate their growth ? Has he ever held substantive meetings with State and Local officials to try to solve their problems ? Has he ever rolled up his sleeves and met with experts in various fields to try to come up with sensible plans to make America better ?

From where I sit, the answers to all those questions is NO. So, to think that him just sitting there somehow gets things done shows how little Trump, and his flock, know about what it takes to cause real change and improvements. His pretty face isn't going to do it all by itself.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You can choose not to believe me, I don't really care. Its money in the bank for me that I see with my own two eyes. The data I provided comes straight from their website, not my calculations. If you aren't doing that well, seek professional help, or stop making investment decisions based on who the POTUS is.
If you made contributions which result to 10% increase, then go ahead and celebrate that as 10% '401K return', but in the end of the say you just put money into your own account. I said the stock market his a brick wall 19 months ago, and that is a fact, and lot of 401K accounts reflect that sad fact. Many accounts are in negative territory this year (without taking contributions into account).

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-30-2019 at 08:11 AM..

Old 10-30-2019, 07:46 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Another lie out of Don the Con's mouth. Should anyone be surprised or shocked at this point? Not at all.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
If you made contributions which result to 10% increase, then go ahead and celebrate that as 10% '401K return', but in the end of the say you just put money into your own account I said the stock market his a brick wall 19 months ago, and that is a fact, and lot of 401K accounts reflect that sad fact. Many accounts are in negative territory this year (without taking contributions into account).
I know the difference between actual gains and contributions, my financial service provider does as well.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:51 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I will take Trump's economic policies and this rate of growth over Obama's any day. You are just being dishonest. You are hoping for a Recession and people to suffer to have an excuse to get rid of Trump. Again. Disgusting you'd want others to suffer. Stop LYING.
I am so sorry that the Trump boom you were expecting has not materialized. Eventually you'll be honest to yourself and realize it's not going to arrive. Trump's GDP and job growth numbers have been no different than Obama's.

Quote:
Trumpling? Having to resort to NAMES is knowing you are losing.
Tell that to your fellow Trump fans who call democrats DemonicRats and other such names.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
If you made contributions which result to 10% increase, then go ahead and celebrate that as 10% '401K return', but in the end of the say you just put money into your own account I said the stock market his a brick wall 19 months ago, and that is a fact, and lot of 401K accounts reflect that sad fact. Many accounts are in negative territory this year (without taking contributions into account).
I just checked one of my accounts:

Quote:
Your Rate of Return (year-to-date): 19.36%
This is as of close of market yesterday, 10/29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies