Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 05:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
That is what Trump said on December 16, 2017. A video of him saying that is at the link.

Remember that? Be sure to read the comments by the Trump fans at the bottom of the article. They are a perfect example of just naiive Trump fans can really be. They actually thought that would happen, and ridiculed democrats and Obama for not being able to do it! One commenter was even more outrageous:

Nearly two years later, a dose of reality is due.

The point here is to demonstrate the fantasy world Trump and his fans live in. Just because Trump says something is going to happen, does not mean it will.
The coal miners are going to be tired of winning - they will be making so much money!
The manufacturing jobs will be insane.....
Cheaper and Better Health care for all.....that's a major one. Much better. Cheaper. For all.
Infrastructure so our airports look like those in Europe and Asia, not like Chithole countries.
Other Infrastructure.....
No corruptions in government - government will save BIG due to honesty and ethics.
The deficit will be cut to zero and we will start paying back the debt....
We will gain respect the world over!
N. Korea will bow to our demands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 05:56 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Still celebrating hits to our economy?
Of course not. Just pointing out the lies of the liar-in-chief.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Economists cant even predict the economy. Anyone who votes for a candidate because they say they will accurately guide the economy to a certain metric that they have predicted is an easily manipulated, ignorant, partisan.
You and I both know that this was one of the great talking points that helped him get elected.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:58 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,933,360 times
Absolute fantasy land. The economy climaxed under Trump faster than he does in bed. It really hasn't done squat since 2017. In the last 18 months my 401k has returned an amazing 2-3%, which after inflation is factored in, is virtually nil. We aren't talking anything crazy here, just your standard employer sponsored 401k fund with low fees that invests broadly in the US market.

Now that the economy is tanking, what exactly can the govt do? We can't use a tax cut because that card has already been burned when it wasn't needed. I also just read an article today stating how the tax cuts did virtually 0 for the economy. The tax cuts are expected to boost the economy by a grand total of about .04% over the next few years. A horrid return for racking up a trillion more in debt when you didn't even need to cut taxes.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
He didn’t say annually. Maybe he meant spread over several years.
And maybe under various administrations.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:59 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You and I both know that this was one of the great talking points that helped him get elected.
Yup, because stupid people believe stupid things, that is how we continue to get worse and worse elected officials every time we have an election. Our country needs to smarten up.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:00 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
He didn’t say annually. Maybe he meant spread over several years.
Uhhhh ... no. Nice try. Nobody - particularly a politician - talks about GDP growth spread over several years.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:03 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
BTW, the passage I quoted starts at around 1:55 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPlm9O4q3A

He said the economy has hit 3%. As I showed in the OP, 3% was what happened in Q3 (and later, Q4 after he stated this). That was a quarterly figure. So clearly he meant 4, 5 and 6% were also supposed to be quarterly figures, not "spread over several years."

Old 10-02-2019, 06:06 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Absolute fantasy land. The economy climaxed under Trump faster than he does in bed. It really hasn't done squat since 2017. In the last 18 months my 401k has returned an amazing 2-3%, which after inflation is factored in, is virtually nil. We aren't talking anything crazy here, just your standard employer sponsored 401k fund with low fees that invests broadly in the US market.

Now that the economy is tanking, what exactly can the govt do? We can't use a tax cut because that card has already been burned when it wasn't needed. I also just read an article today stating how the tax cuts did virtually 0 for the economy. The tax cuts are expected to boost the economy by a grand total of about .04% over the next few years. A horrid return for racking up a trillion more in debt when you didn't even need to cut taxes.
Seriously? Thats kind of hard to believe. 4/3/18 is 18 months. I just checked my 401k and I'm at a 10.6% return. Similar situation, mostly US funds with low fees, but also have one international fund.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
The thing about Trump is that if he did nothing - in his business life and in the POTUS office, both he and the country and world would be MUCH better off.

It's like this. He'd have 12-100 Billion without ripping people off if he invested his inheritance instead of making bad business bets.

If he got into the White House and said "yeah, I'm a business guy and the charts show we are on a good upswing for many years....I'm going to just continue with the same basic policies to goose it along", we'd be golden.

It's like having a multiple choice test with 2 answers and somehow scoring lower than 50%. You'd think it was impossible, but he intentionally steers toward the wrong answers.

I've been telling y'all that since the Day he was elected. Nothing new. I watched it over the years. Same deal.

Sadly, Trump voted were fooled by
their hate for Hillary
their racism and hate for other humans
their love for "tax cuts" from debt and deficit
their perceived or real hate of "progress" and liberalism

and other such things. 90% or more were either fueled by those things or by their thinking that Reality TV was real.

No kidding that you could choose a vast number of 13 year olds in this country who would have served the office much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies