Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 01:50 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,824,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Wait, what happened to "fat shaming"? Isn't speaking as if obesity is a problem to be solved bigoted and hateful?
The near elimination of fat shaming has contributed to the obesity epidemic as much as anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 01:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Wait, what happened to "fat shaming"? Isn't speaking as if obesity is a problem to be solved bigoted and hateful?
In what sense and how are you going to proceed to "fat shame" someone?

Warning: keep your closeted Marxist policies in check when you answer. Response must fully acknowledge and respect freedom of association, freedom of movement, and freedom of speech. Just pretend we are all free and you don't believe in slavery...for a brief moment.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The near elimination of fat shaming has contributed to the obesity epidemic as much as anything.
Read my above post to Absolom and please answer. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:57 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
and the worst part....you can't even call them snowflakes

...that's racist

Old 10-11-2019, 02:04 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
She's gonna go home and take that anger out on a bucket of KFC.
Oh man, that sounds good, think I’ll go get some for supper.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:07 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Thanks for being so prompt in proving my point. Your posts are the poster boy/girl of the problem. I have zero, none, nada, zip responsibility for black women being disproportionally morbidly obese.
The poor woman in the video probably looked like Halle Berry prior to Trump winning the election.

Now she can't walk down the street with MAGA hat wearing assailants jumping out and sticking cheese burgers in her mouth and pouring Mt. Dew on her.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:13 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There is something faulty with our food chain and/or culture to cause so many to become obese. I was well on my way but then Read Plant Paradox and implemented most of the suggestions and now I'm fit as a fiddle....she could be too if she did what I did.

I have noticed a large number of black women are obese...they just need to educate themselves on eating healthy and then do it.
My thing is this. In 2008, united states suffered a major economic crash. This crash resulted in millions not being able to part take in capitalism wealth building which supposed to guarantee economic protection and safety upon retirement. That crashed washed away peoples mindset. Out if the blue, you have these angry white nationalist, feminist, conscious pro blacks, mgtow social justice activist and sorts blaming one another for the ills of our society.

I can say that economic challanged that blacks face in the past ten years were not easy. I know blaming white supremacy is an easy scapegoat to recieve money from supporters, and equity from scared white illiberals. But the black American community especially the black women needs to take accountability for all the college debt, and for why they are overweight and obese. And should stop blaming white supremacy.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:16 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
In what sense and how are you going to proceed to "fat shame" someone?

Warning: keep your closeted Marxist policies in check when you answer. Response must fully acknowledge and respect freedom of association, freedom of movement, and freedom of speech. Just pretend we are all free and you don't believe in slavery...for a brief moment.
You say to them, dang dude you're fat. That is how you fat shame someone.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You say to them, dang dude you're fat. That is how you fat shame someone.
Fair enough. It doesn't violate natural law.

So does this work?

Old 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Fair enough. It doesn't violate natural law.

So does this work?
It does because it results in a brawl which means calories expended. It may well be the most aerobic exercise done that year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies