Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2019, 08:59 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Let's make the list short. WTF DON'T you blame on white people?
Yep.....we evil white people. That poster views everything from the perspective of race. He could connect a jelly donut to a KKK plot or see racism in a blooming flower. Race politics have consumed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 09:00 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I tend to concur with this woman, OP. Fat, blubber, obesity, cholesterol, health problems, and unhealthy foods are in fact racist and white supremacist. Reparations are in immediate order.
No way. Being fat has everything to do with failing to have the self discipline to eat less, while being too lazy to regularly exercise. Race is irrelevant. No doubt, the typical fat person can easily tell you how difficult to impossible doing all that is.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:01 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Let's make the list short. WTF DON'T you blame on white people?

I know people like you like to be hyperbolic when confronted with the general truth of the impacts of white racism. Being hyperbolic gives your discomfort with truth AN EXCUSE to exist, lest you face the moral injury of being on the wrong side of truth....making you the bad guy.

What do I blame on white people? The inequality that exists between blacks and whites in America....otherwise our socioeconomic numbers would be about the same...give or take.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:06 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I know people like you like to be hyperbolic when confronted with the general truth of the impacts of white racism. Being hyperbolic gives your discomfort with truth AN EXCUSE to exist, lest you face the moral injury of being on the wrong side of truth....making you the bad guy.

What do I blame on white people? The inequality that exists between blacks and whites in America....otherwise our socioeconomic numbers would be about the same...give or take.
Is this woman's inability to take responsibility for her lack of self control really the hill you wanna die on?

Look, there's plenty better examples of systemic racism and white supremacy to call out.

You don't have to support every single one.

This is why people use the term "knee-jerk."

Old 10-12-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Is this woman's inability to take responsibility for her lack of self control really the hill you wanna die on?

Look, there's plenty better examples of systemic racism and white supremacy to call out.

You don't have to support every single one.

This is why people use the term "knee-jerk."

I never said I supported her position. I never listened to it. I am simply saying why and how white supremacy could, in general, contribute to obesity being higher among black women. However, as I said before, that does not mean that white supremacy explains her particular problem with obesity.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:24 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
I never said I supported her position. I never listened to it. I am simply saying why and how white supremacy could, in general, contribute to obesity being higher among black women. However, as I said before, that does not mean that white supremacy explains her particular problem with obesity.
You funny.

Sit down, servant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxgZuE14he8

Old 10-12-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
You funny.

Sit down, servant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxgZuE14he8

Yeah....you make a strong argument. NOT!

Old 10-12-2019, 10:14 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
American Asians excel above whites academically, a greater percentage of Asian americans graduate from college than whites, and financially, Asian americans earn more than whites. if you blame whites for the socioeconomic failures of blacks do you also credit the socioeconomic superiority of asians to white people?

if you insist that whites are to blame for black americans' socioeconomic failures then you must give white americans the credit for the Asian americans' successes. Asian americans would be insulted if it was assumed they didn't earn their own success. why do some blacks insist they don't own their own failures?

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...mo/p20-578.pdf

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2018/as...ts-in-2017.htm

Old 10-12-2019, 10:26 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
I remember reading some data. The higher a black woman moves up in education. The more overweight and obese the black woman becomes, compared to other women of other races and ethnic groups. Mental health is also another problem with women of color as well. Again. I'm not sure fo white supremacy is responsible.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:02 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Wait, what happened to "fat shaming"? Isn't speaking as if obesity is a problem to be solved bigoted and hateful?
Well, this video is like a different type of fat shaming. That is, it is about a fat lady shaming the supremacy of another race for her being fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies