Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 06:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I always wince when the occasional White or Asian person claims, with all seriousness, that Black people as a whole are less intelligent than them.

I find it amazing when a Black person such as yourself actually AGREES with them.

You are a sad little man, Indentured Servant. Get off of the computer and make something of yourself.

I guess I am just going to have to accept you seeing me as less intelligent. I can live with that, because I stand by what I said.

I think most of you are too superficial when you are looking at cause and effect. Ignore HER argument, like I did. The fact is that I never even listened to her video. If I listen to her video, I might agree with you that HER particular argument is absurd as presented in making HER case. I am not arguing whether SHE is FAT because of white supremacy. Rather, I am arguing whether or not white supremacy can produce the effect of higher rates of obesity in black women vs white women.

Now, I also noted that I believe that black culture and the black mans attraction to more voluptuous full figured women can and probably also does produce higher rates among black women than white women due to the white culture in which white men in America prefer slimmer women. In both cases, white supremacy and black male attraction are OUTSIDE INFLUENCES on black women's weight.

Everyone wants to look at this as if the only influence on people is internal. However, what people do and how people feel is largely a REACTION to external things. White supremacy/racism is an external thing. Black male attraction is an external thing. One of the effects of prolonged racism in America is what it did to black men, ultimately rendering them less able to provide for black women and families due to discrimination, as well as, mass incarceration of black men. What impact does this have on black women? A shortage of men, more loneliness, more stress....which are both things that are known to contribute to overeating in women. Yet....people cannot see this because they are thinking too superficially.

People are thinking "What do the Skin Heads or 3ks have to do with black women being overweight". They cannot make the connection because of how they define white supremacy. White supremacy is the accrued impact of white racism upon blacks for the last 400 years. That was all the doctrine of white supremacy. Racial discrimination, past and present, and its impact on blacks, is under the umbrella of white supremacy.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-15-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 07:36 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I guess I am just going to have to accept you seeing me as less intelligent. I can live with that, because I stand by what I said.

I think most of you are too superficial when you are looking at cause and effect. Ignore HER argument, like I did. The fact is that I never even listened to her video. If I listen to her video, I might agree with you that HER particular argument is absurd as presented in making HER case. I am not arguing whether SHE is FAT because of white supremacy. Rather, I am arguing whether or not white supremacy can produce the effect of higher rates of obesity in black women vs white women.

Now, I also noted that I believe that black culture and the black mans attraction to more voluptuous full figured women can and probably also does produce higher rates among black women than white women due to the white culture in which white men in America prefer slimmer women. In both cases, white supremacy and black male attraction are OUTSIDE INFLUENCES on black women's weight.

Everyone wants to look at this as if the only influence on people is internal. However, what people do and how people feel is largely a REACTION to external things. White supremacy/racism is an external thing. Black male attraction is an external thing. One of the effects of prolonged racism in America is what it did to black men, ultimately rendering them less able to provide for black women and families due to discrimination, as well as, mass incarceration of black men. What impact does this have on black women? A shortage of men, more loneliness, more stress....which are both things that are known to contribute to overeating in women. Yet....people cannot see this because they are thinking too superficially.

People are thinking "What do the Skin Heads or 3ks have to do with black women being overweight". They cannot make the connection because of how they define white supremacy. White supremacy is the accrued impact of white racism upon blacks for the last 400 years. That was all the doctrine of white supremacy. Racial discrimination, past and present, and its impact on blacks, is under the umbrella of white supremacy.

Whatever you say, Jussie.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Whatever you say, Jussie.

Well....unlike Jussie....you cannot discredit my argument with counter facts, which is why you tried to discredit it via associating me with Jussie. His story was PROVEN wrong. Can you demonstrate that anything that i posted is a lie or illogical? If you can't, you are more like Jussie than me.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:49 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Many black women are obese because they eat too much junk and don't exercise. This is the same reason most Americans are overweight. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the grocery line behind a fat, black woman buying a bunch of junk. You can't be fit and healthy consuming massive amounts of candy, pop, cake, chips, fast food, etc. It's got nothing to do with race and everything to do with personal accountability.
Truth. Not only they above but many consume too much meat and other heavy food without enough vegetables. Again, just like plenty other Americans. Add that to the sedentary lifestyles of many Americans and many black women pulling most of the responsibilities in the home, it’s obvious why many are overweight. We’re not even touching on depression and other mental challenges.

That woman is huge and I’m sorry but the white man is not forcing food down her throat.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Truth. Not only they above but many consume too much meat and other heavy food without enough vegetables. Again, just like plenty other Americans. Add that to the sedentary lifestyles of many Americans and many black women pulling most of the responsibilities in the home, it’s obvious why many are overweight. We’re not even touching on depression and other mental challenges.

That woman is huge and I’m sorry but the white man is not forcing food down her throat.

That is true. Nobody is forcing food down her throat....but nobody is forcing blacks to have higher rates of poverty, nobody is forcing blacks to have higher rates of crime, nobody is forcing blacks to have higher rates of unemployment, nobody is forcing blacks to have lower racial esteem, etc, etc

If we are looking for someone FORCING this behavior.....we are looking at this wrong. Here is another question, how did racism/white supremacy shape the black diet historically?

Old 10-15-2019, 08:19 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Oh ok....thanks for letting me know that. Again, I am not defending her obesity and the claim that it was caused by white supremacy. I am arguing that I believe, in general, that the accrued impact of racism, over the centuries, can produce increase the rate of obesity.
No, I believe that you are referring to food stamps as the cause of obesity.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Well....unlike Jussie....you cannot discredit my argument with counter facts, which is why you tried to discredit it via associating me with Jussie. His story was PROVEN wrong. Can you demonstrate that anything that i posted is a lie or illogical? If you can't, you are more like Jussie than me.
Can you back your claims up? Can you prove that loneliness contributes to obesity in black women. Can you prove that mass incarceration contributes to black women being obese? You know you can prove these claims right in liberal arts colleges PhD programs in which dissertation topics have been watered down and anything can be proven due to current climate of social justice.

https://youtu.be/OlqU_JMTzd4

Old 10-15-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Can you back your claims up? Can you prove that loneliness contributes to obesity in black women. Can you prove that mass incarceration contributes to black women being obese? You know you can prove these claims right in liberal arts colleges PhD programs in which dissertation topics have been watered down and anything can be proven due to current climate of social justice.

https://youtu.be/OlqU_JMTzd4

What I am saying is this. I believe that a behavioral psychologist would say that the thesis is highly probable. The thing that has NEVER been undertaken and studied are the psychological ramifications of prolonged racism on black culture and psychology in America. Black people have never received therapy for living in a society that conditioned people to believe that the white race is superior and the black race is inferior for 3 centuries.

In my response to Moth, I posted a link that talked about loneliness and eating disorders. Again, given that more black women and single mothers than white women......there seems to be a relationship delta between the two races....and not having a "man" can create loneliness in many women. Then one can ask, what is wrong with the relationship between black men and women and why.....when did the disconnect happen and why.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
I sure can, Jussie.

I am a white guy in my early 50s. Middle class with a good deal of education and experience. Pretty typical. One might even say dull.

What I am not is a latter day Merlin or Gandalf. I do not possess potions, magical powers, skills in mass hypnosis, or any other supernatural tool enabling me to control your eating habits or anything else. In other words, I cannot make you or anyone else in your tribe fat against your will. It would be flattering were it not so inane.

What I do have is an innate sense of personal responsibility- the knowledge that what you give is what you get; that success is tied to your own efforts and not to let set backs (we all have them Jussie) stop you.

You- in direct contrast- have no notion of that at all. You are the classic case of a weak, little man who would rather find a scapegoat for his failures than learn something from them.

I did not make you fat, stupid or anything else, Jussie. Your destiny is not contingent on my actions or wishes.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:56 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:

Domestic violence is highest among black couples. Why are you ignoring a factor as important as that one in this discussion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies