Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 12:00 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I did not listen to the video....but it is true that this is an obese nation and it is true that it is a nation in which whites control the sources and production of food, what gets put into foods, how much sugar is in foods, how food is marketed, distributed, etc, etc.
how much sugar is added to fresh fruits & vegetables? to canned or frozen fruits and vegetables? Is it possible to find "no added sugar" canned fruit, and "no added salt" canned veggies?

Quote:
Poor people tend to be impacted the most by obesity as the cheaper foods and brands are the least healthiest. For example, a poor person may feel that giant steroid filled chicken wing or drum stick will go a lot further than free range chicken fed organic feed, while being a lot cheaper.
Some chicken you buy may be labeled “Raised without hormones” and others may not, but all chicken you buy is free of added or artificial hormones and steroids. In fact, federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones and steroids in all poultry.

I don't buy organic anything when given the choice. Besides, I seriously doubt your argument would say "the corner markets where the poor shop only tend to carry the more expensive organic items"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 12:05 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
I did not listen to the video. Did she blame it on Trump, because the title says she blamed it on white supremacy, which existed long before Trump and will exist after Trump.
Stop being lazy and listen to the video.

You have the most posts in this thread but never bothered to listen to the the video that this thread is based on. If you had listened, you wouldn’t be asking this question. She is clinging to victim hood as if it were a life raft.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:29 PM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder-do Social Justice Warriors have any idea just how stupid, childish and petulant they sound to sane people?
Resounding. NO

Old 10-13-2019, 12:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
how much sugar is added to fresh fruits & vegetables? to canned or frozen fruits and vegetables? Is it possible to find "no added sugar" canned fruit, and "no added salt" canned veggies?

Some chicken you buy may be labeled “Raised without hormones†and others may not, but all chicken you buy is free of added or artificial hormones and steroids. In fact, federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones and steroids in all poultry.

I don't buy organic anything when given the choice. Besides, I seriously doubt your argument would say "the corner markets where the poor shop only tend to carry the more expensive organic items"

I eat lots of fruits....and I am always hungry. Maybe that is my body craving something it got addicted to in my youth. The point being is that some foods go right through you...leaving you hungry in a couple of hours after eating.

I stand by my general statement that cheaper foods are less healthy....and by the way.....fruit is expensive especially when you consider that you have to eat a lot of it keep from being hungry.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:49 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Stop being lazy and listen to the video.

You have the most posts in this thread but never bothered to listen to the the video that this thread is based on. If you had listened, you wouldn’t be asking this question. She is clinging to victim hood as if it were a life raft.

I did not want to be biased by what she said. It has nothing to do with being lazy. I read the title. The issue for me is not THIS WOMEN in particular. The issue for me is the claim that white supremacy/racism can result in increased rates of obesity in historically oppressed women.....and I believe that it can. Is it responsible for her obesity.....well.....there is no way to prove that one way or the other.

People objected to the THEORY that white supremacy/racism can impact the weight of the racially outed group. So there is the general theory and then there is the question of does that theory account for her obesity. I focused on the former and not the latter.....I am not defending her....I am defending the general theory.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:51 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

Some chicken you buy may be labeled “Raised without hormones†and others may not, but all chicken you buy is free of added or artificial hormones and steroids. In fact, federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones and steroids in all poultry.

Actually I was looking to buy peas yesterday, and all the canned varieties had sugar in it...who TF puts sugar in peas?? It's a legume!

Old 10-13-2019, 12:53 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
I eat lots of fruits....and I am always hungry. Maybe that is my body craving something it got addicted to in my youth. The point being is that some foods go right through you...leaving you hungry in a couple of hours after eating.

I stand by my general statement that cheaper foods are less healthy....and by the way.....fruit is expensive especially when you consider that you have to eat a lot of it keep from being hungry.
It's true. I somehow feel hungrier after eating an apple than if I didn't eat anything. I think it's the sugar, which is known to make you feel hungry.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:

Fruit has natural sugar that can set off binges in people if you're someone who is triggered by it. I could never figure out why fruit left me starving...even though I'd eat more and more fruit to stop the gnawing hunger. Then I cut out sugar and most fruit was on the banned list. You'd be surprised by the withdrawal you go through for a week and how you're no longer hungry all the time once you get through it.

Okay, back to sparring...

Old 10-13-2019, 12:55 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
I did not listen to the video. Did she blame it on Trump, because the title says she blamed it on white supremacy, which existed long before Trump and will exist after Trump.
Yes she also blamed trump. She noted the Trump era for why diets don't work for black women.

If I offer you any consolation. My girlfriend is pro black conscious and an academic. Like many of her elk is also over weight. I too also work out alot and try to be physically mentally and emotionally fit. For black women especially those in the academics. Many are over weight and obese. But yet they blame white supremacy. You pro black women types sure love white and biracial men though like me.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I knew this one was a coming. First thing first. I'm not hear to fat sham, and some fat people do go on to live normal and healthy lives with weight. But complications from obesity such as Cancer, Diabetes, high blood pressure, breathing problems like asthma, and high cholesterol shortens life spans of those who have weight trouble.

At a Orpah segment for black women. An activist who is an gender studies expert explains why she is obese, and how she puts the blame on white racism and white supremacy for why black women in America are fat and over weight. I watched the video segment and it was super cringey. The woman puts blame on white supremacy and how she explains when black women experiences racism, that the matbolism changes and thus weight gain happens. I'm no fan of Trump either, but she also envokes and puts blame on the Trump era for black women on being obese or overweight aswell.

I can say that the AA community mainly those in poverty do not have the same access of healthy food, gyms, and healthcare compared to those who are average at best or those in the upper class strata. However simple health changes like 30 minutes of exercise, portion control and practicing a form of diet can improve vitality of ones own health.

I know racism is a big issue in America, and those that be want to solve race issue, however obesity affects all people. Simple healthy changes starts with the individual, and not because of Trump and White Supremacy forcing you to eat unhealthy foods.

https://youtu.be/bE9BqgztnHs
Well, I'm getting this out of the way. Poverty or not, this has nothing to do with how fit or fat someone is. I know some real poor kids, who keep in damn good shape because they are counting on that athletic scholarship to get them into college. I also know people who grew up with silver spoons in their mouth and are very overweight and love to spurge on big meals at restaurants and then finish up the night drinking beer. One does not need a gym membership when they can just pull on some sneakers and start running, or going down to the local community center and start playing basketball.

With that said, this woman here is just another racist moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies