Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I think it was a crap shoot.....that he could write checks with his mouth that would never need to be cashed. That he could say things that he thought would make him look good, and that it wouldn't matter what he said because he didn't have a chance in H E double toothpicks of winning. I also thing there's a good chance that he didn't want to win.....just to come close and then be able to whine that 'the system is rigged' for the rest of his life.
The closer it got to Election Day, the more he talked about the rigged system. He went so far as to calling the EC evidence of a rigged system.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
A great plan if you don't get sick for 10 years.
Or have a nasty accident or become a victim of violent crime.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I got the news today, and it was a good thing I was sitting down when I opened the envelope.

The premium for the "budget" plan I have (otherwise known as the bronze plan) will be $977 a month. That's nearly $1,000 a month for the cheapest plan available, which carries a deductible of nearly $7,000. That means that I, with a straight middle-class income, will be on the hook for almost $20,000 in medical costs (if my year is bad). Boy, do I long for the pre-Obamacare days just a few years ago when I paid a few hundred a month at most for a real plan that covered medical expenses!

Basically, as has been discussed before, Obama "arranged" for middle earners to pay exorbitant premiums for what is essentially a catastrophic plan in order to have insurance companies provide the costs for every sneeze and cough for low(er) earners.

So, has anyone else received their envelope?
You would think that there could have been some kind of fix by now. I know the Republicans only had some six years in opposition to look at the short comings of Obamacare and two years to fix it -- obviously not enough time.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Health insurance was not "Only a few hundred dollars a month" for a family before Obamacare. It has been a mess since AT LEAST the Hillarycare days of 1994.

Neither side is willing to do anything to the cost side since both parties of congress are owned by big pharma, big hospitals big...

Welcome to the new gilded age.
When you read Hillary’s healthcare testimony before Congress in 1993, one would easily think she gave that testimony yesterday.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Obamacare? It is not 'Obamacare' any longer. Haven't heard it called that in awhile.

It is officially Trumpcare now. He has changed pieces of the law in his zeal to repeal and replace and actually made things worse for people like the OP and is costing them more money. Credit where credit is due for this and it goes to Trump hacking up the law without any replacement.

The ACA prices have been stable, but Trump's changes to the law has made it worse for certain demographics.

"Where the real damage has been done is for folks who aren't eligible for subsidies — who are making just a little bit too much for those subsidies," Corlette adds. "They really are priced out of comprehensive ACA-compliant insurance."

"...But a recent analysis from the Kaiser Family Foundation finds that the ACA marketplaces have actually stayed pretty stable.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ows-that-going

Old 10-17-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Trump can't do it by himself. He needs congress to work with him. We know how thats working out. If Trump said the sky is blue, Congress would block it.
It assumes The Trump Admin has a plan.

Expecting Congress Critters to pull healthcare legislation out of their butts, over lunch, is ridiculous.

The Admin has to lead and thus far, on the topic of HC, leadership has been lacking. Trump’s pick, Tom Price preferred to jet all over the world on government’s dome than anything else.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:53 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If only.....

No such thing as free market healthcare anywhere in the world.

You might be referring to a relatively primitive time when people died of a simple assessed tooth.

The projected life expectancy of someone born in 1900 was age 33-47, dependent upon race.
People lived longer back then on average than they do today--if they survived childbirth.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Everyone that does not get the subsidy is paying for those that do. It was a terrible idea from the get go because it didn't address the real problem of total cost.

We have Medishare so we are paying $400/mo instead of $2000/mo.
Tax revenue and debt pay for everything.

Not likely any 2 people could agree on how to tax, should we tax, let alone how to spend.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I had no idea what Medishare is. Here is the link:

https://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/

Anyone else have any experience with this?
It’s not insurance.

There is no certainty

It may be an option for some healthy people who place value on prayer.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:10 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Everyone that does not get the subsidy is paying for those that do. It was a terrible idea from the get go because it didn't address the real problem of total cost.

We have Medishare so we are paying $400/mo instead of $2000/mo.
Doesn't that mean that you are paying $400/month for other people's care as long as you stay healthy? And if you get cancer or something, you'll still only pay $400/month and other people will pay for your care?

Why does this sound like a familiar model?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies