Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 05:27 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

This is the deal. I can come up with all the theories I want, and soon will. However, this is the deal, anyone who is SOOOO desperate for Black people to vote for Trump, here is the deal. You don't know who alot of Black people will vote for. All we have are past voting patterns and certain polls, such as from Civiqs. Saying "Blacks are going to love Trump", that's just a gaslight tactic. I'm not buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 05:30 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the thing. Unemployment rates have been dropping since 2012, no thanks to Trump. Any Black people doing better now, that is happenstance. As it is, during autumn 2018 into spring 2019, Blacks were the only group to watch their unemployment rates rise. And it was specifically Black men who had to deal with it. I got this information from Bureau of Labor.
Here's where we disagree: Black people had their unemployment rates drop to the lowest rate ever under Trump, as unemployment rates dropped across the board. That was due, in part (not entirely), to Trump's ability to push through a competitive corporate tax rate and cut through some of Obama's more onerous regulations. (I closed my business before Obama increased regulations, but even then, the paperwork and compliance issues I had to spend time on was around 25% of my time - time that would have been better spent finding new clients and completing consulting projects, thus increasing my revenues and enabling me to step up hiring.)

As to why blacks were the only group to watch their unemployment numbers rise, I don't have - and you didn't post - any information about this, so I can't comment. I DO know, though, that wages on the lower end of the scale have been going up for the first time in a decade, and that helps blacks.

(And before someone falsely accuses me of racism because I said the increase in lower-end wages helps blacks, it is a fact that blacks have lower educational attainment and lower incomes, and obviously they are disproptionately holding lower-end jobs. Fact. Also a fact that an increase in lower-end wages would thus help them disproportionately.)

Old 11-15-2019, 06:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I never once asked for your sympathy. I wouldn’t want it even if offered.

The whole sympathy tie is all played out. We have no ties or commonalities, and we don’t need each other’s sympathy. We only need to stay out of each other’s way.

That’s good enough for me.
I about fell out of my chair rolling in laughter. It's like 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1...."I am Jewish". She loves to juxtapose blacks and Jews. If you don't denounce the people she wants you to denounce, she will not support the black issues. Well.....she never did. She is anti-black issues and throws out being Jewish so she can claim victim status....but with a group that don't use it as an excuse for their failures.....like blacks. That is her MO.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:30 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
First, I imagine that remark about 17th century employment refers to slavery, and that wasn't exactly a paid job.

Second, the poverty rate is twice that of whites largely due to the high out-of-wedlock birthrate, which in turn leads to poverty. That needs to be corrected. Once that is better under control, and thus kids are raised in environments that reduce the propensity for 1) criminal behavior, 2) lower educational attainment, and 3) poverty then and only then can we attribute these poor outcomes primarily to racism.
I thought you would go for the bait,
With a living wage and health insurance a single mother can stay out of poverty.
Improve childcare and schools and you reduce criminal behavior
Make higher education and training more attainable for poor people.

These are things that Republicans will always vote against because business needs poor people in order to survive. They have turned Reservations, inner Cities and Rural America into vast plantations where people can work two jobs and stay in poverty.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
First, I imagine that remark about 17th century employment refers to slavery, and that wasn't exactly a paid job.

Second, the poverty rate is twice that of whites largely due to the high out-of-wedlock birthrate, which in turn leads to poverty. That needs to be corrected. Once that is better under control, and thus kids are raised in environments that reduce the propensity for 1) criminal behavior, 2) lower educational attainment, and 3) poverty then and only then can we attribute these poor outcomes primarily to racism.
Yet......the out of wedlock birth rate of whites in 2019 is 6 times higher than it was in 1960......yet, the white poverty rate is lower than it was in 1960.

What people like her don't tell you is that the causation between out of wedlock births and poverty, crime, unemployment, NBA, NFL, Olympics.......only exists with blacks. Other races and groups can see large rises in their rates of out of wedlock births.....but without the rise in players in the NBA....lol.

You can just as well blame the high percentage of blacks in the NFL and NBA on out of wedlock births. Think about it. Blacks were not dominating the NFL and NBA back when blacks had lower rates of out of wedlock birth. However, as the rate of out of wedlock births were rising.....so were black participation in the NFL and NBA. So, it stands to reason that one thing caused the other. That is called Rachael reasoning. However, her reasoning is even worse.....because over the years the rate of black poverty has been inversely correlated with the rate of black out of wedlock births since the 60's.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-15-2019 at 06:47 AM..

Old 11-15-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I thought you would go for the bait,
With a living wage and health insurance a single mother can stay out of poverty.
Improve childcare and schools and you reduce criminal behavior
Make higher education and training more attainable for poor people.

These are things that Republicans will always vote against because business needs poor people in order to survive. They have turned Reservations, inner Cities and Rural America into vast plantations where people can work two jobs and stay in poverty.
What's a living wage? $50,000 a year for an unskilled job, like punching a few buttons at McDonald's? No business owner will pay that, and then they'll be out of work entirely - and totally dependent on other people supporting them. At least this way, they have a chance to work up to a manager or assistant manager position, either at McDonald's or at some other retail place. But if you insist that business owners pay $50,000 a year for a job that even a high schooler could do, then these people will have no job at all.

And you sound like such a lefty. Improve this....and give this....and make this more attainable....and etc., etc., etc. Only focused on the "give" side without a thought to how it will be funded, and the consequence to it. (Just like your "livable wage" demand.)

As to higher education and training for poor people, we already provide it - free-of-charge. Pell Grants cover enough for an associate's degree in CC or a vocational training program. That's a decent start and to poor people who avail themselves of it, they will move from poverty to lower-middle class at the minimum. If they do well in CC, they can win academic scholarships and get tuition practically covered entirely for a 4-year, as well.

Funny how you blame the "plantation stuff" on Republicans. Don't you know it was LBJ, with his Great Society programs, who said he'd be having the blacks voting D (although I believe he used a very pejorative word instead of "black") for the next 200 years? It was all intended to keep blacks poor and dependent on Democrats. It was all for the vote.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yet......the out of wedlock birth rate of whites in 2019 is 6 times higher than it was in 1960......yet, the white poverty rate is lower than it was in 1960.

What people like her don't tell you is that the causation between out of wedlock births and poverty, crime, unemployment, NBA, NFL, Olympics.......only exists with blacks. Other races and groups can see large rises in their rates of out of wedlock births.....but without the rise in players in the NBA....lol.

You can just as well blame the high percentage of blacks in the NFL and NBA on out of wedlock births. Think about it. Blacks were not dominating the NFL and NBA back when blacks had lower rates of out of wedlock birth. However, as the rate of out of wedlock births were rising.....so were black participation in the NFL and NBA. So, it stands to reason that one thing caused the other. That is called Rachael reasoning. However, her reasoning is even worse.....because over the years the rate of black poverty has been inversely correlated with the rate of black out of wedlock births since the 60's.
Stop with all your excuses. STIGMATIZE the idea of having babies without husbands, get the OOW rate to drop closer to the white rate, and watch the poverty level drop, the crime rate drop, the high school dropout rate drop.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I about fell out of my chair rolling in laughter. It's like 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1...."I am Jewish". She loves to juxtapose blacks and Jews. If you don't denounce the people she wants you to denounce, she will not support the black issues. Well.....she never did. She is anti-black issues and throws out being Jewish so she can claim victim status....but with a group that don't use it as an excuse for their failures.....like blacks. That is her MO.
Says the racist black guy (the Farrakhan worshipper) who loves playing the victim. And yes, if you refuse to denounce the #1 anti-Semite in the country (worse....you said he was the greatest black American alive today), then no....I am not going to sympathize with you over people racist against blacks. YOU are worshipping the person most racist against Jews. Such a hypocrite!

And, btw, you have NO idea what I do in my private life, including donations, in connection with poor blacks - and enabling them to better themselves. I just will not go "oooooh…..I agree with you; those white racists are so AWFUL" to the same person who joyfully told me that he admires the biggest anti-Semitic DEMON in the country. Do you think I'm an idiot?

Truly amazing that the racist who worships Farrakhan - and brags about it to a Jew - then is annoyed that the Jew won't agree with him about how awful racism against blacks is. Honestly, I don't think these liberal bigots even realize how awful they are.

P.S. There was a black woman on here revealing statistics about how antisemitism, while still not widely held, is more prevalent among blacks than whites. Based on some of the nasty **** I see coming from black liberals here, I don't find that hard to believe.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Stop with all your excuses. STIGMATIZE the idea of having babies without husbands, get the OOW rate to drop closer to the white rate, and watch the poverty level drop, the crime rate drop, the high school dropout rate drop.
Look.....society and culture has changed. Marriage is NEVER going to be like it used to be. Gender roles have changed. Women have careers now and are not dependent upon men and marriage for their sustenance. There is no longer shame in a women a certain age not being married or women not being married having children. That is the secular trend our nation is on and has been on the last 50 years or more. There is about as much chance of going back to old marriage rates as there is a chance of going back to Jim Crow.

The white rate of OOWB is what the black rate was in 1970. Do whites today have the poverty and crime rate that existed for blacks in 1970? That would be a.....noooooooooo! Poor people have a higher propensity of not getting married than the other class strata. Blacks, as a consequence of the damage of racism, have had a higher rate of poverty than whites since slavery ended. OOWB are impacting poor non immigrant communities the hardest. The legacy of racial oppression resulted in blacks being disproportionately poor and blacks being disproportionate among the poor, in turn, means that blacks are disproportionate among people having children out of wedlock.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-15-2019 at 08:48 AM..

Old 11-15-2019, 08:35 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Here's where we disagree: Black people had their unemployment rates drop to the lowest rate ever under Trump, as unemployment rates dropped across the board. That was due, in part (not entirely), to Trump's ability to push through a competitive corporate tax rate and cut through some of Obama's more onerous regulations. (I closed my business before Obama increased regulations, but even then, the paperwork and compliance issues I had to spend time on was around 25% of my time - time that would have been better spent finding new clients and completing consulting projects, thus increasing my revenues and enabling me to step up hiring.)
Then explain the drop in unemployment starting in 2012. Trump wasn't even running for President when this happened. This was a long precipitous pattern that started back in the early 2010s. Trump has nothing to do with that. Trump gets credit for what he did under his own administration, not 2016 and before.

Quote:
As to why blacks were the only group to watch their unemployment numbers rise, I don't have - and you didn't post - any information about this, so I can't comment. I DO know, though, that wages on the lower end of the scale have been going up for the first time in a decade, and that helps blacks.
I mentioned this statistic in much earlier posts.
//www.city-data.com/forum/55272062-post485.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/55272062-post485.html

Quote:
(And before someone falsely accuses me of racism because I said the increase in lower-end wages helps blacks, it is a fact that blacks have lower educational attainment and lower incomes, and obviously they are disproptionately holding lower-end jobs. Fact. Also a fact that an increase in lower-end wages would thus help them disproportionately.)
Even when adjusted for education, Blacks have higher unemployment rates than Whites. Blacks with university degrees still have unemployment rates on par with Whites with a high school education. A wage increase won't help if there are issues with job discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies