Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 11:39 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times

Advertisements

Vindman to Zelensky in 2019: “Be weary of Russia”
*Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014*
Ukraine to Vindman: “You don’t say?”

Old 11-19-2019, 11:40 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Nah, we're doing okay. This country is resilient; we'll survive DT, then clean up the steaming pile and move on.
Even if Pence ends up being the next president, it will be great relief for the country.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:41 AM

89,038 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe try reading the testimony given under oath. He heard both people because Sondland was holding the phone away from his ear because it was so loud.
So he says. So far, in these public hearings, two witnesses have perjured themselves under oath.

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who? Barr? Overhearing one side of a conversation is incomplete.
What are you talking about. Holmes was sitting next to Sondland and could hear Trump on the other end of the phone because he was speaking so loudly. He heard both sides of the conversation and heard Trump asking for the opening of an investigation into the Bidens.

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
You have officially lost your mind

Old 11-19-2019, 11:42 AM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Benedict Arnold was an American military officer who served as a general during the American Revolutionary War. Was he "outstanding" just because he served his country in a military capacity? I respect our Military more than you know.... My family was proud to serve. But character in uniform tells me who is outstanding and who has some serious delusions of Grandeur.
So you're making some sort of equivalency or tie-in with Vindman and Benedict Arnold? I'm sure you'll figure out a way to roll that back, say that it wasn't what you mean but it's right there my friend.

Make me wonder which side your family was serving on in the military.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Who? Barr? Overhearing one side of a conversation is incomplete.
Page 24 paragraph 2-3.

Quote:
While Ambassador Sondland's phone was not on speakerphone, I could hear the President's voice through the earpiece of the phone. The President's voice was very loud and recognizable, and Ambassador Sondland held the phone away from his ear for a period of time, presumably because of the loud volume.

I heard Ambassador Sondland greet the President and explain that he was calling from Kyiv. I heard President Trump then clarify that Ambassador Sondland was in Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland replied, yes, he was in Ukraine, and went on to state that President Zelenskyy "loves your ass." I then heard President Trump ask, "So, he's gonna do the investigation?" Ambassador Sondland replied that "he's gonna do it,"
https://www.lawfareblog.com/transcri...lmes-testimony

Old 11-19-2019, 11:43 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Quote:
So he says. So far, in these public hearings, two witnesses have perjured themselves under oath.
There were others at the table when Sondland made the call I’m sure they will be called too if needed. Sondland is scheduled to testify in public as well so he can speak for himself.

996 posts, read 379,466 times
Schiff flips out.
Says Trump doesn't give a expletive about Ukraine , but we do.
We fight with them against the Russians.

Did he forget that Obama held back their Aid ?

Schiff looked pissed, pissed that his entire " case" is falling apart.

8,502 posts, read 3,344,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You actuallly believe that ? Nice dance around Hunter Biden receiving millions of dollars from a corrupt Burisma you forgot to include..
Original sources are online, with attached dates (IMF letter, U.S. senate action) ... and then Ukrainian press: date Poroshenko announced Shokin had submitted a resignation letter, date Ukraine Parliament acted, date of Obama-Poroshenko meeting, date loan guarantee was released. Now leaving the house and running late, so I won't dig up original cites - not some opinion piece - but they exist as original documents or original foreign press reports of official actions - not blogs.

What has been less clear is when Joe Biden "threatened" Poroshenko. No date given on the CFR video. So John Solomon simply guessed - he did not investigate to research the actual Shokin firing process but took a short anecdote from a video and ran with that saying Joe Biden threatened Poroshenko in March 2016 - for the date the Ukrainian Parliament acted was well known.

The NSC aide who had Biden's schedule released it to WaPo - Biden was never in Ukraine in March. He met with Poroshenko in January, but in Vienna. There were some February phone calls. The date in question of the Biden- Poroshenko Ukrainian meeting was early December 2015.

Hunter Biden received money, yes - but that is a factoid unrelated to the narrative of what happened - a narrative distorted by Solomon not having the correct dates, but guessing and guessing wrong to establish a false correlation. Solomon is not an investigator but does opinion pieces, and they are called that for a reason.

He leaves out key information and takes factoids and rearranges them (either deliberately or perhaps simply in error).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies