Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe race relations are getting worse and we are moving toward racial separatism?
Yes 99 43.42%
No 129 56.58%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 04:21 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
He wrongly thinks I'm Mexican too...seems to call many with opinions different from his Latino or Mexican.
Learn a few Spanish slang words and drop 'em on him....will that help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2019, 04:26 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
The bias news media will for some reason try to make things worse, THAT I do know. As long as Trump is in charge the media welcomes civil and racial division. They think it makes Trump look bad...
Naw, Trump makes himself look bad by opening his mouth and shooting off errant Tweets. The media just records it.

Old 12-21-2019, 04:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Whole lot of hate and anger out there a lot of it seems based on “your stuff should really be my stuff”

Old 12-21-2019, 04:30 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
It certainly doesn't seem to be getting better
No race issues. Just lefties who are idiots.

the country is divided between common sense and idiots.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:10 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No race issues. Just lefties who are idiots.

the country is divided between common sense and idiots.
I disagree with you. I speak from personal experience.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Again, why do people even care? Race relations is an overblown topic. It’s meaningless. It’s not important.

We don’t all have to like each other. If you don’t like another race, just stay out of their way. It’s really that simple. And if you just can’t get over your hatred of said members of that race, take the problem to them personally and get it off your chest.

Why walk around angry like that?

Old 01-08-2020, 03:38 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Race relations are better now. The reason why it appears to be opposite is due to social media, msm, and a small group of very vocal activist on the left, and to a certain degree a very small number of white nationalist. When Charlottesville happened. It was a complete joke with a small number of white guys. Than you have academia which is also very devisive with its pro feminists, pro black, pro lgbt, pro gender pronouns, pro non binary, pro Islamic, pro undocumented immigrant and the list goes on. I'm not being bigoted here, especially as a person of color and a first generation American. America does have real racial issues now and in the past some of those kinks have to be worked out, but those kinks to work out takes time, and must allow a path way to forgiveness. Also Social Media makes it appear that race tensions are high in America, but they really aren't. As we left the 2010s, I hope the 20s things can be better and the work ideology will begin to die down.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:54 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Race relations in the USA in two lines:

Non-Whites to Whites in White neighborhoods: "don't go".

Non-Whites to Whites in non-White neighborhoods: "get out".

Which all basically boils down to: we need your tax money like we need blood but don't want you to come close to running things (so let us move into your neighborhoods when we are ready but don't move into ours, raise rents, and run for town council).

Its similar to parents giving kids an allowance, but then the kids wanting independence at the amusement park / in the house / etc. Without the parents the kids would starve, but they resent the parental oversight and presence.

Its a strict one way social contract whose inevitable destiny is to implode in a great flash of light. Its also unbreakable. If the order that I above describe starts showing cracks, the MSM will jump in and likely accuse someone of being a Russian propaganda agent (or use some similar but more fitting tactic) in order to keep the status quo.

There can be no healthy race relations without functional independence (ie: each race being able to stand independently if necessary) and what amounts to political or economic two-way trade to build the foundation of good relations. We are very far away from that.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:59 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't attack him for his race, geezus! I merely exposed him for claiming he is Asian when clearly he isn't. Did you not read what I quoted him on? You seriously can't see that he tripped himself up by making contradictory remarks on who he is? It was as plain as day!

All the Asians that I know are polite and do not stick up for illegal aliens and Latinos in general. They also don't have a hostile attitude when expressing themselves as the poster in question does. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule.

You're rambling on again about things that have nothing to do with this person's dishonesty. I'm not interested in that. You acknowledging that he slipped up would have been nice as it was so apparent. I guess that was just too much to expect from you. Sad, really.
He didn't slip up. "Saying Mexico is a part of our (meaning Texans) history is a fact", it is also true for California. He clearly meant that and your purposefully misinterpreting the words he's saying hence attacking his race. Your saying you don't believe he's Asian and then stereotyping him based on what you believe Asians are. At best you caught a dramatically error but he's been on this forum for a half-decade if not more and whenever the racial question came up, he told us he was Asian. He hasn't been gaslighting as anything else for as long as I have seen his posts on here.

What you need to do is erase your stereotypes of Asians and open your eyes, and actually go to a left wing protest and the leftwing capital of the world and realize... OH... SF the city with the highest Asian population in mainland U.S.A is also the most SJW place in the U.S.

Orange County didn't go democrat in the midterms because of massive Black migration into the area, all fingers point to a massive and politically active Asian migration causing the shift.

Maybe you make your political opinion too known and most Asians around you aren't trying to get into an argument so they avoid sharing anything about their political beliefs to you.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:10 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
I don't think race relations are getting any "worse" than they already were. They were always this way, it had just been dormant. The last decade or so has really bought out people's true colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies