Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2019, 02:52 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
When Trump designed that dumb hat, he knew exactly what it would do, and that was to rub people's faces in it and incite anger. No question that was his motive. Well, he is reaping the rewards of his actions.

Even normally rational people feel like taking those hats off of someone's head and stomping on it, only our self control keeps us from doing it. But, some people, on both sides, have no self control.
No, dear. Most normal, rational people do not have such childish emotional responses to seeing a hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 02:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If one chooses to wear racist regalia then they should not be terribly surprised when the targets of their racism react with equal intolerance.
Here's a tip kids: If you're going to be around others who are not Caucasian, it might be a good idea to not wear clothing that has an image of a Confederate flag or anything with the name "Trump" on it.

Just a heads up.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:00 PM

446 posts, read 167,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
More sickening intolerance from the left, also looks like a hate crime:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Trump-hat.html

Video says it all.

They can thank their parents and teachers for corrupting those bullies and fulling them full of hatred.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:13 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,637 posts, read 16,120,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Here's a tip kids: If you're going to be around others who are not Caucasian, it might be a good idea to not wear clothing that has an image of a Confederate flag or anything with the name "Trump" on it.

Just a heads up.
Why, because they will commit a crime? Were you always racist?

Old 12-13-2019, 03:16 PM

1,161 posts, read 434,839 times
Taking away our political "us vs them" prejudice, and watching this video with our level headed grown up hats on, we can deduce a couple of things.

#1, the attackers should be punished. Their parents should be forced to pay for any medical bills or anything along those lines. Period.

#2, Despite what the article said, I don't see any proof that there was a hate crime committed here. I mean other than the obvious fact that there was a lot of hate behind the attack.

#3, We do not know why the kids attacked the other kid. The video doesn't show that. It doesn't matter at all, they clearly attacked the child and should be punished for it. But OP's identity political spin on this may not even be the actual reason for the attack, though it probably was. That's the problem with identity politics. The truth is this is a story about bullying. This is a story about a child being attacked.

#4, Since we live in the world that we live in now, and this situation will be politicized, it would be interesting to see how the hypocrites flip on it. A real liberal should see this video and demand that the attackers are punished for this violent act. But, perhaps the modern day SJW liberals will make excuses for them. Meanwhile, the modern day conservative who espouses "we don't need no safe space, people are too sensitive" and talks about how "you will never eliminate bullying, so why try? It toughens kids up. ****, I used to get my ass kicked all the time" may now turn around, clutch their pearls admit that bullying IS a problem in schools and needs to be stopped.

#5, Donald Trump is in NO WAY responsible for this action. Clearly. However, when a cult of personality type acts the way that he does to rile up his base, and insights hatred (on purpose) then things like this will happen. No, that's not to alleviate ANY responsibility from the teenagers who committed this crime. But it is something that all Trump supporters should think about. No one can logically look at the way he runs his campaign and say "no, he's not trying to **** anyone off" Honestly, I've read countless posts on this very board about how the thing they love about the big orange machine is that he "makes them *******s so angry" so many people love the fact that he does that. So don't pretend to be surprised when someone goes too far. So I'm saying it's not Trump's fault that this happened, BUT if Trump wasn't such a proud ******* this MAY not have happened.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:53 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Just a heads up.
Cuz' you speak for all non-white people; you can say with assurance what their views are on any issue.

You even know better than they do!

Old 12-13-2019, 03:54 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
A rodeo clown wears an Obama mask and gets fired, progressives cheer. A child who once wore a Trump hat gets savagely beaten, progressives cheer.

It's where we are now.

Old 12-13-2019, 04:14 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
A rodeo clown wears an Obama mask and gets fired, progressives cheer. A child who once wore a Trump hat gets savagely beaten, progressives cheer.

It's where we are now.
Where does this nonsense come from?

I have heard of no one on the left approving of what happened to the kid.

I also see no evidence it had to do with a Trump cap. That may well be the bias of the parents showing through. There are a large number of reasons that cause friction among teenagers.

The school authorities should get to the bottom of what happened and institute appropriate punishments.

When I had kids in school virtually everyone behaved on the school bus as it was instant punishment for even sassing a driver anymore beating up a kid. But unpopular kids did get beat up...though never on the school bus or even the school grounds.

So again a situation where we should wait until the whole story is told before forming judgement. Obviously not being practiced on this list.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:18 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But again if you are going to suggest communism, why do you need open borders? To slice the pie even thinner and just as long as everyone has the same it doesn't matter if it's less? So either way we get less, and either supremacist like Nancy Pelosi get richer or we divided everything up into a smaller share to give to a bunch more new arrivals.
I’m just trying to solve the problem you proposed. I think we should get rid of supremacist, so if someone has more (your words) then they are a supremacist. So no one should have more than the other. You are suggesting Nancy Pelosi is a white supremacist because she wants immigrants over here to exert her power and wealth over them. So I’m suggesting to fix your proposed problem everything should be equal across the board between everyone. No one should have more money or power than the other, because according to you that leads to supremacy among people, especially Nancy Pelosi?

Old 12-13-2019, 05:30 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
More sickening intolerance from the left, also looks like a hate crime:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Trump-hat.html

Video says it all.

Since the sheriff says the boy was not wearing the MAGA hat, but that the beating was unrelated to his support for Mr. Trump, I'm sure you welcome this update:

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Ham...566178351.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies