Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2019, 05:34 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Wait, don’t you people scoff at younger folk who are politically active? Dont you claim they’re too young to know what’s going on? Don’t you claim it’s their parents indoctrinating them? Yeah, I believe you do.
How do you equate scoffing to a physical assault????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 06:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Taking away our political "us vs them" prejudice, and watching this video with our level headed grown up hats on, we can deduce a couple of things.

#1, the attackers should be punished. Their parents should be forced to pay for any medical bills or anything along those lines. Period.

#2, Despite what the article said, I don't see any proof that there was a hate crime committed here. I mean other than the obvious fact that there was a lot of hate behind the attack.

#3, We do not know why the kids attacked the other kid. The video doesn't show that. It doesn't matter at all, they clearly attacked the child and should be punished for it. But OP's identity political spin on this may not even be the actual reason for the attack, though it probably was. That's the problem with identity politics. The truth is this is a story about bullying. This is a story about a child being attacked.

#4, Since we live in the world that we live in now, and this situation will be politicized, it would be interesting to see how the hypocrites flip on it. A real liberal should see this video and demand that the attackers are punished for this violent act. But, perhaps the modern day SJW liberals will make excuses for them. Meanwhile, the modern day conservative who espouses "we don't need no safe space, people are too sensitive" and talks about how "you will never eliminate bullying, so why try? It toughens kids up. ****, I used to get my ass kicked all the time" may now turn around, clutch their pearls admit that bullying IS a problem in schools and needs to be stopped.

#5, Donald Trump is in NO WAY responsible for this action. Clearly. However, when a cult of personality type acts the way that he does to rile up his base, and insights hatred (on purpose) then things like this will happen. No, that's not to alleviate ANY responsibility from the teenagers who committed this crime. But it is something that all Trump supporters should think about. No one can logically look at the way he runs his campaign and say "no, he's not trying to **** anyone off" Honestly, I've read countless posts on this very board about how the thing they love about the big orange machine is that he "makes them *******s so angry" so many people love the fact that he does that. So don't pretend to be surprised when someone goes too far. So I'm saying it's not Trump's fault that this happened, BUT if Trump wasn't such a proud ******* this MAY not have happened.

Oh, the irony. WHO is getting violent? And who is being beaten?

Old 12-13-2019, 06:53 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh, the irony. WHO is getting violent? And who is being beaten?
They won't get it. Their denial is marinated in years of racism.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
They won't get it. Their denial is marinated in years of racism.
I'm not on the right and I loathe Trump but how can people be so ignorant to deny the facts?

And this didn't start with Trump.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:04 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If one chooses to wear racist regalia then they should not be terribly surprised when the targets of their racism react with equal intolerance.
This ignorance and bigotry are the consequences of democrats in control of our education for decades.....

Maxine Waters told democrats to harass and get in their face in restaurants, offices, gas stations, everywhere.
Even buses and young kids I guess.....

Old 12-13-2019, 07:11 PM

Honestly, wtf is wrong with people that instead of indicting this egregious behavior, they try and find reasons for it.

Some of you are more outraged by a stupid hat than you are over violence against a child.

You folks have sunk to a new low.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:20 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Honestly, wtf is wrong with people that instead of indicting this egregious behavior, they try and find reasons for it.

Some of you are more outraged by a stupid hat than you are over violence against a child.

Democrats continue to sink to a new low by the day...really sad.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:

I don't think it is new though. The left always sides against a person who isn't a democrat or who's white no matter how wrong it is. They seem to even want it to happen and create the circumstances and situations for it.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:22 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
I'm not on the right and I loathe Trump but how can people be so ignorant to deny the facts?

And this didn't start with Trump.
Hands up don't shoot spawned a movement and it never happened. They are trained that way by their parents and their
cultural group. The lucky ones escape or have good families.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:50 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since the sheriff says the boy was not wearing the MAGA hat, but that the beating was unrelated to his support for Mr. Trump, I'm sure you welcome this update:

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Ham...566178351.html
So to the question I first made - what else was going on ? now came out. Did the mom then make this fight political?? Read the article kids just in a dumb brawl which they do- but had nothing to do with the dam hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies