Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 12:01 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,245,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
In Canada, you the employee does. You pay $1.62 on every $100 you earn up to a maximum of $860.22 for the year. You can used this insurance as " Unemployment Insurance" or as paid Maternity/Paternity leave. Just like unemployment insurance you only get a percentage of your wage.

Works very well and gives young couples or single parents a bit more security.
Thank you for educating my fellow Americans. They simply cannot comprehend how much better off the average Canadian and European is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 12:26 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,104,296 times
Quote:
"In March 2018, 17 percent of all civilian workers had access to paid family leave, and 89 percent had access to unpaid family leave. Employers provide family leave for employees to care for family members. This leave includes maternity and paternity leave. The leave also may be available to care for a newborn child, an adopted child, a sick child, or a sick adult relative. Access to family leave varied by establishment size."

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2019/ac...ve-in-2018.htm
I’d be laughing more if the person you were responding to wasn’t so poorly trying to gaslight and lie to everyone.

Par for the course really.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:31 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,995,455 times
Quote:
"In March 2018, 17 percent of all civilian workers had access to paid family leave, and 89 percent had access to unpaid family leave. Employers provide family leave for employees to care for family members. This leave includes maternity and paternity leave. The leave also may be available to care for a newborn child, an adopted child, a sick child, or a sick adult relative. Access to family leave varied by establishment size."

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2019/ac...ve-in-2018.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
I’d be laughing more if the person you were responding to wasn’t so poorly trying to gaslight and lie to everyone.

Par for the course really.
Watch who you are calling a liar, champ.

I said the chart which says "no paid leave" (ie zero) was misleading, then someone points out that 17% DO have paid leave. Tell me how I'm gas-lighting and lying, otherwise you are just someone who cant follow the TOS on here in regards to personal attacks, and clearly don't understand basic math since 17 is greater than zero.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

I said the chart which says "no paid leave" (ie zero) was misleading, then someone points out that 17% DO have paid leave. Tell me how I'm gas-lighting and lying, otherwise you are just someone who cant follow the TOS on here in regards to personal attacks, and clearly don't understand basic math since 17 is greater than zero.
17% is hardly “plenty of companies”, as you stated.

My point stands.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
17% is hardly “plenty of companies”, as you stated.

My point stands.
Nah, we can debate what "plenty" means but you cant debate that 17% is more than zero, which the chart implied, which was misleading, and which was the main point I was making. Case closed, take your name calling and lack of math skills elsewhere.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Nah, we can debate what "plenty" means but you cant debate that 17% is more than zero, which the chart implied, which was misleading, and which was the main point I was making. Case closed, take your name calling and lack of math skills elsewhere.
Nope, point still stands, the chart shows countries with national policies, which we do not have.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:44 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,245,674 times
Quote:

17% are offered paid leave by their employer but its not protected by law. The is no law that would stop the employer from reversing that policy if they so wish. 0% of Americans have protected paid maternity and paternity leave. Contrast to civilized and developed nations like Germany for example. Maternity leave is paid, much longer and is protected by German law.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
That chart is intentionally misleading. Although it's not mandated, plenty of companies in the US offer paid leave.
Quote:
Nope, point still stands, the chart shows countries with national policies, which we do not have.
Ahh, now I see the problem, you don't know math or English. I said "although its not mandated" you are obviously just looking to pick a fight, but much like the chart your replies to me here are misleading as it ignores the things I actually said.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
That chart is intentionally misleading. Although it's not mandated, plenty of companies in the US offer paid leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
17% are offered paid leave by their employer but its not protected by law. The is no law that would stop the employer from reversing that policy if they so wish. 0% of Americans have protected paid maternity and paternity leave. Contrast to civilized and developed nations like Germany for example. Maternity leave is paid, much longer and is protected by German law.
Um..yeah, exactly what I said. People just trying to pick fights by intentionally ignoring what was said.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Ahh, now I see the problem, you don't know math or English. I said "although its not mandated" you are obviously just looking to pick a fight, but much like the chart your replies to me here are misleading as it ignores the things I actually said.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies