Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2020, 08:46 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
They are pit bull cattle dog crosses: https://blog.dogsbite.org/2019/12/ma...-oklahoma.html
Local newscasts in that area said blue heelers...

Saturday November 14th, Davenport and his dog were killed outside their home in Broken Bow. They were mauled to death by a pack of eight to ten, blue-heeler mix dogs. Deputies with McCurtain county sheriffs say a mail carrier called for help after finding his body. Records say some parts of Davenport's body were eaten down to the bone. Autopsy results list the cause of death as being the direct fault of the pack of dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 08:52 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yeah, insurance required. Would rid the world of most since pit owners are usually the dregs of society.
Ypu mean like basketful of deplorables? Lol.,

Old 02-16-2020, 06:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I can sympathize with this. I won't give up my guns because some left wing librarians are afraid of them.
And yet you're admittedly open to banning breeds. How do you reconcile that?

Old 02-16-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Pit bulls don't have "locking jaws" but they are very muscular dogs and it is extremely difficult to open their jaws once they are in a determined biting mode. So locking or not, it can take a strong stick inserted into the side of their mouth in order to pry their jaws open.

So if it is that difficult to break their biting grip, who cares what the correct terminology is?

And who wants a "fur baby" that is all muscle? That is just crazy talk.
Again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
On the topic of bite power:

https://petcomments.com/ten-dogs-whi...strongest-bite

Right between Labs and Great Danes, and a LONG way from the top of the list.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I heard those 3 breeds named personally from a Veterinarian out in Palm Desert Ca........and another troll from the "Pits are great and the owners aren't league" is heard from on C-D..........ask the folks with dead kids and grandparents what they think, there are plenty out there. Pits are involved in TWO THIRDS of all dog bite attacks in the USA.
Oh, you heard it from a vet. Yet, the guy posting data from the AMVA is the "troll"?

Old 02-16-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
No but then many political jurisdictions worldwide has forbid the adoption of dogs with its design characteristics and sterilized any example they could get hold of. Insurance companies fearing claims have price the type out of reach for those who may not fear the dog or their neighbors taking vigilante action but do fear the lawyers should an animal turn,

And unlike their cousins protecting guns the have few willing to vote for the single issue in battleground districts.

And many locations are now repealing breed bans because they have been shown to be ineffective in improving safety.

Denver just did that, I believe. Several cities in Canada have done so in the recent past.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:37 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You're still avoiding my question: If somebody could have a golden retriever instead of a pitbull, why would anyone still choose the pitbull?
It makes them feel macho to own a dog that may kill without warning.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
You're still avoiding my question: If somebody could have a golden retriever instead of a pitbull, why would anyone still choose the pitbull?
If you could have chocolate, why would anyone ever choose vanilla?

Old 02-16-2020, 07:45 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Quote:
Why is it any of your business?? Go get a Golden Retriever then. There are millions of people who choose to get pit bulls. Great part about living in a free country is we don't have people like yourself making our choices for us!

Old 02-16-2020, 08:06 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Local newscasts in that area said blue heelers...

Saturday November 14th, Davenport and his dog were killed outside their home in Broken Bow. They were mauled to death by a pack of eight to ten, blue-heeler mix dogs. Deputies with McCurtain county sheriffs say a mail carrier called for help after finding his body. Records say some parts of Davenport's body were eaten down to the bone. Autopsy results list the cause of death as being the direct fault of the pack of dogs.
Yes.....well, that's about as bad a mix as you could get methinks. Heelers are bad without throwing mongrel Pit in the mix. Queenslands are popular hereabouts a ssd both working and pet dogs. Personally I dont like them for anything but they are good security.

I use Corgis for herd work. Queenslands are to rough and aggressive. They like to charge in and bite. With cattle they work alright, cattle are tough. But they will hurt sheep badly.

They aren't bigoted. They'll bite anything and anyone. They're famous for ambush attacks. They always bite you from behind.

Mixing in Bull breed would create an exceptionally nasty critter. Heelers are more wantonly aggressive than even Pits. Theres just not as many people who have them. But they are popular in ranch country around here.

They are greasy fast, strong as hell and live to charge in and bite. I dont like them. Corgis are WAY better. I can use mine for sheep or cattle and when they're not working they are awsome family animals. Unlike Heelers. Those are all Queenslands to me.

Brain dead biting snarling yapping machines. Corgis have brains. They actually work a herd and dont bull in biting unlike Queenslands. The latter charge in snarling and biting often getting soundly kicked in the head which knocks out what little brains they had to begin with.

They are tough. I've seen them live through things that would have killed any other dog. But they do t learn from severe pain. It makes them worse.

They are a way more dangerous dog than Pits imho. I come to that conclusion via firsthand experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies