Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Who is hiring these "illegals"?.
Donald Trump and the Trump Organization are part of the answer to your question, Bob.

Trump has made fighting legal and illegal immigration a core part of his presidency and 2020 re-election campaign, but multiple reports over the past 2 years have revealed that his businesses likely benefitted from cheap, undocumented labor.

"Do as I say, not as I do": Dictator Donald's mantra once again surfaces from the depths of his swamp.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...mented-workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3a0_story.html

https://thehill.com/latino/456868-tr...workers-report

https://americasvoice.org/blog/trump...ented-workers/

https://www.axios.com/trump-organiza...2a888f69b.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...nts-2019-01-30

https://www.axios.com/trump-organiza...69524ed80.html

ETC....

Last edited by corpgypsy; 12-28-2019 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You have a big problem.

You gotta prove this big bold talk of yours; that Dems "support illegal immigration."

Because it's corporate America that loves having these illegals here, holding down pay and benefits for the US workforce.

Fer Pete's sake, Dreamer, your prez hires illegals by the dozens.

The Pub hypocrisy meter is broken.

The reason illegal aliens come is that they know that someone will use them for cheap/free labor. Stop using them for that labor if you want to see a real drop in illegal immigration. The incentive would be gone.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 12-28-2019 at 08:31 AM..

Old 12-28-2019, 08:25 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then you think wrong if you don't think that legal or citizen Hispanics don't hire illegals. It's not only the "white guy" that does.
We know of one white guy who used illegals to build his golf course.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...208-story.html

Old 12-28-2019, 08:27 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did he say he stands with immigrants or illegal immigrants? I missed that part.
Did you miss the part where the left likes to call illegals "immigrants". They do it to blur the lines.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:43 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
As a someone who’s registered as a Democrat but is actually a centrist, I wouldn’t say I support illegal immigration. That being said, I do think people are very selective on which segment of the illegal alien population they want to go after. The majority of illegal aliens (those who come and never attempt to attain any proper paperwork) coming from Central America are not living that well. They often endure many of the same problems that they were fleeing (gangs, diseases, etc).

The amount of illegal aliens from Asian is not as large as the Latin American population but it is growing. Currently the percentage of illegal Chinese and Korean aliens is estimated at 25%. Obviously not the majority but pretty significant. Seeing how Asian immigrants (legal or not) employ their own at their businesses, you have to know that some of the employees do not have proper paperwork.

My thing is, if you going to be against illegal immigration, then be against it. Don’t give one group sympathy without giving the same sympathy to another group.
I'm a legal immigrant. Now an American citizen. After spending years going through the prolonged and expensive song-and-dance routine required to get here legally, ask me how much sympathy I have for ANYONE who would disrespect this country, disrespect the legal immigration process, and disrespect the citizens of this nation....................

Old 12-28-2019, 08:49 AM

34,068 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Did you miss the part where the left likes to call illegals "immigrants". They do it to blur the lines.
Correct. I call them what they are..invaders.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:52 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm a legal immigrant. Now an American citizen. After spending years going through the prolonged and expensive song-and-dance routine required to get here legally, ask me how much sympathy I have for ANYONE who would disrespect this country, disrespect the legal immigration process, and disrespect the citizens of this nation....................
Like I said, if you’re gonna be against it then be against all of it. Don’t pick and choose.

That being said though, if companies would stop using them for cheap labor, there would be no incentive (because let’s face it, they really aren’t dodging any of the violence or diseases of the nation they were fleeing from). I also think that the process of legally immigrating DOES need to be reviewed. I think that this issue has a lot of gray area and it really is a case by case basis.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:56 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Remember that when you ask ANY democrat, they all deny that they support illegal immigration (despite supporting sanctuary cities, opposing deportation of illegals, and voting for candidates who support open borders).

It is a sort of cognitive dissonance, in that they cannot admit to themselves that they are on the side of lawlessness and chaos, so they tell themselves they do not support illegal immigration (despite actively doing so with their votes).

This.

Democrats can deny it all day long.

But they prove every day with the policies that they support or oppose, that they advocate DE FACTO open borders.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

Old 12-28-2019, 08:59 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Over the last several decades, Democrats have stood for some good things like rights for women and minorities, social programs and things like that.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand why Democrats would support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and a very lax enforcement of our borders. What in the world causes them to be compassionate about people who broke laws and came into the United States illegally? This is essentially saying that the United States doesn't have a right to its own sovereignty. It is the death knell for our nation.
Many if us do not support open borders, but found the call by many on the right, Trump included, to round up all eleven million illegal immigrants ..many of which had lived here productively for decades while we benefitted from their presence and looked the other way, as well as the tendency of many in the right to lump them all in with the criminals among them, as abhorrent.
And some if our cities, especially Rust Belt cities like my hometown of Dayton, are benefitting any many ways from the population infusion.

Old 12-28-2019, 09:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Illegal immigration benefits the "right people" meaning corporate America fat cats.

And corporate America OWNs the GOP.

Don't fool yourself.

Despite all the loud whimpering and whining from Pubs about illegals, their bosses profit from it and support it wholeheartedly behind the scenes. When the "right people" gain from a policy, it's practically written in stone.

Here's a perfect example.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies