Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2019, 09:59 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,380,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Correct. I call them what they are..invaders.
They aren't Invaders because the powers that be...the corporate elitee... are allowing them in because they benefit. It has always been a wink wink situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 10:00 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why shouldn't it be a felony? And yes it would be a discouragement to illegal immigration. Talk to the Democrats about e-verify they refuse to make it the law of the land unless there is an amnesty attached to it. They have voted down every e-verify bill that the GOP has tried to pass.

So what if "some" are painting them all as career criminals. Why worry about what a minority of the population think? The fact is though that most of them are either committing felony ID theft or tax evasion to work here. That's not criminal?

Sorry, but we can't deport our own citizens. That's why we have a criminal justice system to deal with them.
It’s not so much “worrying” as it is about being careful not to generalize. As a centrist, I’d make the claim that most of them really ain’t living all that well. I’m more concerned about Asians who open up their shops in black communities and then don’t trust the residents of that community. I would be all for making e-verify a mandate as a Democrat who really should be registered as an independent. Our criminal justice system doesn’t always handle the bad apples of our citizens the most responsibly.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Illegal alien is the only proper term for them. That's what they are called in our immigration law lingo. No such thing as an undocumented they have all kinds of documents all fake or stolen. Undocumented is just a made up term by the PC crowd to soften what they really are.
I would argue that fake documents don’t really count as documents. I’m talking official. They are technically undocumented (by official government standards).

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 12-28-2019 at 10:53 AM..

Old 12-28-2019, 10:04 AM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
They aren't Invaders because the powers that be...the corporate

.elitee... are allowing them in because they benefit. It has always been a wink wink situation.

Doesn't change what they are. It does make both groups co-conspirators

Old 12-28-2019, 10:05 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Over the last several decades, Democrats have stood for some good things like rights for women and minorities, social programs and things like that.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand why Democrats would support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and a very lax enforcement of our borders. What in the world causes them to be compassionate about people who broke laws and came into the United States illegally? This is essentially saying that the United States doesn't have a right to its own sovereignty. It is the death knell for our nation.
I've been making this case to my friends for years, that the parties position on this issue is counting on replacing white working class votes with Hispanic votes. That's basically the gamble the party took. It cost them the election in 2016, and may cost it in 2020...but is the long game going to work?

I'm liberal on most issues and always thought the parties switching to a de facto pro open borders position was a mistake, which make no mistake it is. If any means of enforcement is viewed as racist and cruel, you are for open borders.

It's driven from within by the hard left one world "America is the bad guy" Chomsky types along with Latino activist groups...and from the outside by business interests who want cheap exploitable labor.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:08 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Many if us do not support open borders, but found the call by many on the right, Trump included, to round up all eleven million illegal immigrants ..many of which had lived here productively for decades while we benefitted from their presence and looked the other way, as well as the tendency of many in the right to lump them all in with the criminals among them, as abhorrent.
And some if our cities, especially Rust Belt cities like my hometown of Dayton, are benefitting any many ways from the population infusion.
No one is talking about a mass round up. Just deport them as they make themselves known. Lived here productively? They are doing nothing for us citizens but costing us our jobs, taxes and resources. The only way they could be working is by committing felony ID theft or tax evasion. Breaking laws is not productive. "We" benefited from their presence? Huh? Americans have lost their jobs to them, had their wages reduced, increased crime, overcrowded conditions in schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. The only ones who benefit from them are the greedy employers who hire them.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I would argue that fake documents don’t really count. They are technically undocumented (by official government standards).
Since when doesn't felony ID theft count for anything? No, they aren't technically undocumented they are illegal aliens, period. I don't speak PC language.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
It’s not so much “worrying” as it is about being careful not to generalize. As a centrist, I’d make the claim that most of them really ain’t living all that well. I’m more concerned about Asians who open up their shops in black communities and then don’t trust the residents of that community. I would be all for making e-verify a mandate as a Democrat who really should be registered as an independent. Our criminal justice system doesn’t always handle the bad apples of our citizens the most responsibly.
I really couldn't care less if they are demonized based on them thumbing their noses at our immigration laws and creating all kinds of negative impacts on our society. I couldn't care less if they are living here well or not either. I haven't one ounce of sympathy for them.

Mentioning American criminals is no justification for illegal immigration and it's just merely a deflection on your part.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I really couldn't care less if they are demonized based on them thumbing their noses at our immigration laws and creating all kinds of negative impacts on our society. I couldn't care less if they are living here well or not either. I haven't one ounce of sympathy for them.

Mentioning American criminals is no justification for illegal immigration and it's just merely a deflection on your part.
Not a deflection but an acknowledgement.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:25 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Nope! There have been several employers caught and held accountable under Trump. It has always been the GOP that has introduced e-verify bills but the Dems won't pass it unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it.
That is a game played by both teams to avoid doing anything about illegals. What would you do with every illegal person in the USA today? What do you think is a reasonable time and cost to depot all of them?

Most legal hispanic contractors in Houston hire illegals. The University informs us 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are illegal.

I'd bet the rent money 90% of the houses built in Texas since 1970 have used illegal labor. Roofers and flooring companies use illegals. All one need do when shopping for flooring or roofs is ask to see the 1099s of the people working in their homes.

The only way to stop it is make e verify work and require that it be used. Then seize the assets of companies who use illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies