Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 01:28 PM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Over the last several decades, Democrats have stood for some good things like rights for women and minorities, social programs and things like that.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand why Democrats would support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and a very lax enforcement of our borders. What in the world causes them to be compassionate about people who broke laws and came into the United States illegally? This is essentially saying that the United States doesn't have a right to its own sovereignty. It is the death knell for our nation.
You believe their words and do not know of their actions.

D blocked the women's right to vote for over a decade. Civil rights laws were passed with more Republican votes than Democrat.

They SAY they're "compassionate" but all they want is votes. They SAY they love our nation but all they want is the power that votes will bring. When enough illegals are here that the Dems will have majorities in both houses and always have their president than that IS the death knell for our nation.

It is not compassion. It's a naked brutal clawing for power. We can go down the Venezuela road quite easily and quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 01:29 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, tell us all how they managed to put that money into SS? I'll tell you how---they did it by using stolen IDs (ID theft is a felony) or they used a fake SSN. That fake SSN could well belong to a living person, who like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt.

As for illegals paying taxes---gimme a break! How does an illegal who is getting paid under the table (thereby engaging in tax evasion) pay taxes? Don't tell us how they pay sales taxes---everybody has to pay those, even tourists.

How does an illegal who is living in an overcrowded flophouse pay enough real estate taxes through their meager rent? Where I live, a house has to be assessed at $1 million to pay enough taxes for the education of one child.

Illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give.

I thought you democrats love to say how "woke" you all are. Yet you are all oblivious to the fact that today's democrats are not your grandfather's democrats. Those democrats of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. I'm sure today's dems are laughing themselves sick when they think of how many voters they have duped into thinking they (the dems) still care about them.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, there was I time I expected better from the democrats, and they would come through.

Wake up!
I've pretty much written this a few times here over the years. No one wants to address how Latino families typically have 3 or more kids. They work low paying jobs that doesn't allow them to pay enough in taxes to cover the public education costs. Yeah, I know some Americans do the same but it's disporportant in the illegal crowd. I really don't begrudge these people trying to improve their lives, but we're a nation of rules and laws and frankly we need to look out for our own first.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:42 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Democrats are trying to replace the black American vote with immigrants-Hispanic/latino votes. There are banking on the children of illegals to become Democrat voters in 18+ years. They have completely abandoned black voters and want nothing to do with a black agenda.

Where this will fall apart is many of these immigrants become republican once they get here. They are going to mess around and create a new wing of the republican party and it'll all backfire, and they'll still blame black people as crazy as that sounds. They'll blame black people because black people tend to make democrat politicians "cooler" to other voters like they did for Obama. The problem is Obama was the last straw for many black as we didn't get anything out of that. So when they trot out someone like Kamala and they just expected black people to make her "hip" it's not working anymore.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've pretty much written this a few times here over the years. No one wants to address how Latino families typically have 3 or more kids. They work low paying jobs that doesn't allow them to pay enough in taxes to cover the public education costs. Yeah, I know some Americans do the same but it's disporportant in the illegal crowd. I really don't begrudge these people trying to improve their lives, but we're a nation of rules and laws and frankly we need to look out for our own first.

According to CIS only about 7.5% of births are to illegals. That is not going to create huge problems. Hispanic birth rates in general in the US are getting closer to the average continuously. No they no longer have very large families.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
According to CIS only about 7.5% of births are to illegals. That is not going to create huge problems. Hispanic birth rates in general in the US are getting closer to the average continuously. No they no longer have very large families.
What about looking out for our own legal poor people first?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What about looking out for our own legal poor people first?
They are all our poor people. And virtually all the children are American citizens so we have no rational way to discriminate. And letting some starve to better serve others does not turn me on.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
They are all our poor people. And virtually all the children are American citizens so we have no rational way to discriminate. And letting some starve to better serve others does not turn me on.
Then stop them from coming here and starting families and roots in the first place. I commend the compassion, many people here are real hard asses about this.

Pragmatic solutions need to be put in place.

There hasn't been any true political will by either side to solve this for decades now.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:12 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
We need to be free of illegal aliens. Just plain old fashion good government.

The illegal alien population makes a huge contribution to our economy by providing services we all use at low rates of pay. Benefits us all. The Dairy industry suggests a 90% increase in the cost of dairy if the illegals are removed. That is something close to 100 billion dollars. Other agricultural and service industries have similar savings.
You are confusing yourself. Just because they may lower prices of products due to their lower labor costs does not mean they pump their own money into our economy

Quote:
We need however to be free of illegal aliens regardless of the good they do the economy. And likely the best route is some form of legalization which would spread the impact over a long span.
I agree we need to get rid of them. Maybe legalizing some of those already here is fair (DACA), but the rest need to go....

Quote:
We need an enforceable immigration situation.
[/quote]

Yep. And it's pathetically easy.
a) Shut down the borders...walls/fences/lasers/armed guards every 10 ft/alligators. whatever. Shut it down.
b) Go after those who've overstayed their visas/green cards/etc - make 'em legal or throw 'em out...
c) Then and only then, deal fairly with those who have been here illegally for years. Some stay, some go, depending on their case.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:20 PM

8,342 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Only 7.5%? Only?! That’s 7.5 too many and it’s a lot. 1% would be way too many. 7.5 is not going to create huge problems?! What?????? That’s an insane % causing a monstrosity.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 12-30-2019 at 03:14 PM..

Old 12-30-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You are confusing yourself. Just because they may lower prices of products due to their lower labor costs does not mean they pump their own money into our economy

I agree we need to get rid of them. Maybe legalizing some of those already here is fair (DACA), but the rest need to go....

Yep. And it's pathetically easy.
a) Shut down the borders...walls/fences/lasers/armed guards every 10 ft/alligators. whatever. Shut it down.
b) Go after those who've overstayed their visas/green cards/etc - make 'em legal or throw 'em out...
c) Then and only then, deal fairly with those who have been here illegally for years. Some stay, some go, depending on their case.
Will not work. The border wall is unimportant. 2/3 come through airports. And the presence of 11 million illegals provides the support to make rooting out even the newcomers practically impossible.

You need to reduce that population to a million or less to have a real chance of constraining it so it does not regrow.

And note that the overstayed population will prove much more difficult than the border crossers. Wider spread, better educated and more established when they turn illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies