Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 04:48 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You're conflating immigrants with ILLEGAL ALIENS. I thought we were talking about ILLEGALS.

Also, another thing that complicates it is we have liberals who give lighter charges to illegals than Americans - for the same crime - in order to help them avoid deportation. So it could appear that illegals commit less crime when in fact charges are reduced for them. How upside-down is that??
Not to mention that all illegals are criminals. They became criminals when they overstayed a visa or sneaked across the border or never showed up for a court date. The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.

It's disgusting that liberals coddle illegals. One of the most vile anecdotes was the liberal activist judge in Boston who gave an illegal a 364 day sentence for robbing a bank. She knew that if the illegal got a longer sentence, he would have been subject to deportation. Once the illegal was out of jail, he murdered two doctors. That judge now has blood on her hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 05:05 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Not to mention that all illegals are criminals. They became criminals when they overstayed a visa or sneaked across the border or never showed up for a court date. The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.

It's disgusting that liberals coddle illegals. One of the most vile anecdotes was the liberal activist judge in Boston who gave an illegal a 364 day sentence for robbing a bank. She knew that if the illegal got a longer sentence, he would have been subject to deportation. Once the illegal was out of jail, he murdered two doctors. That judge now has blood on her hands.
Oh my gosh...… the extent to which liberals go to defend illegal aliens. Yours is a horrific example of what that can mean.

One not nearly as bad, but still proving the point: there was a liberal judge who had a drunk-driving illegal in front of her, and she got word that ICE was at the front door, ready to deport him. The judge, putting the interests of the illegal ahead of honest, innocent Americans, snuck him out the back door.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You're conflating immigrants with ILLEGAL ALIENS. I thought we were talking about ILLEGALS.

Also, another thing that complicates it is we have liberals who give lighter charges to illegals than Americans - for the same crime - in order to help them avoid deportation. So it could appear that illegals commit less crime when in fact charges are reduced for them. How upside-down is that??
Sorry your cite. So you own any conflating going on.

And virtually all sites that attempt to increase illegal crime do so by claiming immigration law violations which may or may not be pursued. But those crimes in general are not part of the standard local crime rack ups. And they should not be. While perfectly reasonable for the authorities to pursue they do not add to the difficulties in a neighborhood, We do not count tax evasion as local crimes either.

And all sorts of jurisdictions routinely plead down charges for various concessions by the defendant. How the system works.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:08 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No desire at all for open borders. Just want to fix the immigration system. The right wants to simple continue until it gets worse. That is pretty dumb.
You're a "mensch," so you think that you have to take the left-wing side of every issue, including this one. Even though you don't up much of an argument besides "this is what we need to do, and anyone who says otherwise is dumb." And that's all there is to it.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You're a "mensch," so you think that you have to take the left-wing side of every issue, including this one. Even though you don't up much of an argument besides "this is what we need to do, and anyone who says otherwise is dumb." And that's all there is to it.
Nope. Simply point out that no alternative is offered. The right says don't fix it. Just let it run. I find that dumb. Leaving it alone it can only get worse. There is no option to make it better.

I simply want to fix the immigration system. The first step is to get rid of the 11 million. Then we can hopefully keep it from regrowing.

I do wish it was otherwise. But we screwed that up decades ago. So do the first thing first.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:40 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Yeah he/she thinks that by granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens that solves the problem because they would no longer be illegal then. Just change the wording and all is well. Can you believe that?

Old 12-30-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you really lose a lot of "credibility" on the issue when you say stupid **** like this.
Nothing stupid about it. It's about respect for others in a public setting.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:52 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nothing stupid about it. It's about respect for others in a public setting.
Dude, it sounded a little crappy, just own that already. I'm not a fan of illegals but when you say that kind of dumb**** it gives the bleeding heart liberals an excuse to call ya a racist. Need to get a bit more strategic if we're being honest here.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:20 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
"this is what we need to do, and anyone who says otherwise is dumb." Add this: "and here are my statistics to prove it...trumped up and false , but who cares? I am right"

Old 12-31-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dude, it sounded a little crappy, just own that already. I'm not a fan of illegals but when you say that kind of dumb**** it gives the bleeding heart liberals an excuse to call ya a racist. Need to get a bit more strategic if we're being honest here.
I don't have to own or feel guilty about expecting immigrants to assimilate into our country linguistically and in every other way. Why should I? How in the world would that earn the label of a racist? It's not just illegals who do it but legal immigrants and even some citizens who refuse to speak English in public even when they know how to. Don't like my opinion? Tough! I don't care what you think or any stupid bleeding heart liberals either. Now let it rest, will you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies