Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 12:17 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I can not support sanctuary cities nor illegals coming here and using America like a piggy bank only to send the money out of the country. My guess is that it's a political strategy to win the Hispanic vote? I also can't respect a president that allowed illegals to work in his golf clubs well into his presidency. Big business wants cheap labor, big business gets cheap labor. We all know big money runs this country on both sides. Just because the DNC far left fanatics tout open borders doesn't mean it's what the whole party wants. Obama was a big de-porter of illegals, and he built a wall that didn't stop but a few. Elected officials look the other way when big donors want what they want. No need to hate one party or the other over it. They both do it.
This yet again? Once again, Trump didn't personally hire every single employee in his country. If illegals were found to be hired, they were fired. So...just.stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 12:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
LOL! Clearly you don't know the difference. An "immigrant" is someone who came here in accordance with our laws. An "illegal alien" is NOT an "immigrant".
Still on this hopelessly worn out drivel?

Definition of immigrant
: one that immigrates: such as
a: a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence
b: a plant or animal that becomes established in an area where it was previously unknown

Shows us the part where it says has to be legal.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:35 PM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Over the last several decades, Democrats have stood for some good things like rights for women and minorities, social programs and things like that.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand why Democrats would support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and a very lax enforcement of our borders. What in the world causes them to be compassionate about people who broke laws and came into the United States illegally? This is essentially saying that the United States doesn't have a right to its own sovereignty. It is the death knell for our nation.
Agree. I think they way misinterpreted public sentiment on this one.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:40 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office illegal/legal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security.
If you lump them together, sure...maybe...
Show us the numbers for illegals only. That's what we're talking about here, not legal immigrants. Get paid in cash (a lot), send the money home, use every social service they can get their hands on. I bet it's a net drain on the country......

Old 12-30-2019, 12:41 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And yet, who is using chain migration to bring unemployed people to the US?
Show us where Trump is urging the use of this practice....

Old 12-30-2019, 12:45 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Still on this hopelessly worn out drivel?

Definition of immigrant
: one that immigrates: such as
a: a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence
b: a plant or animal that becomes established in an area where it was previously unknown

Shows us the part where it says has to be legal.

"Hopelessly worn out drivel?"

It is THE defining distinction on this issue.

Your inability to make the distinction (or rather, purposeful obfuscation) is why you are out of touch with the American people on this issue.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
"Hopelessly worn out drivel?"

It is THE defining distinction on this issue.

Your inability to make the distinction (or rather, purposeful obfuscation) is why you are out of touch with the American people on this issue.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the views of any group including the American people.

Definitions come from dictionaries. That one from Merriam Webster.

And most illegal aliens are illegal but not criminal. Another distinction that escapes many here. They are subject to deportation not criminal sanctions.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:02 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office illegal/legal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security. Look at the federal, state, and local taxes as well where they pay taxes in the billions as well. Something the president and his rich buddies don't do.
And, tell us all how they managed to put that money into SS? I'll tell you how---they did it by using stolen IDs (ID theft is a felony) or they used a fake SSN. That fake SSN could well belong to a living person, who like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt.

As for illegals paying taxes---gimme a break! How does an illegal who is getting paid under the table (thereby engaging in tax evasion) pay taxes? Don't tell us how they pay sales taxes---everybody has to pay those, even tourists.

How does an illegal who is living in an overcrowded flophouse pay enough real estate taxes through their meager rent? Where I live, a house has to be assessed at $1 million to pay enough taxes for the education of one child.

Illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give.

I thought you democrats love to say how "woke" you all are. Yet you are all oblivious to the fact that today's democrats are not your grandfather's democrats. Those democrats of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. I'm sure today's dems are laughing themselves sick when they think of how many voters they have duped into thinking they (the dems) still care about them.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, there was I time I expected better from the democrats, and they would come through.

Wake up!

Old 12-30-2019, 01:17 PM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Illegal immigration benfits big biz. Dems say Big Biz is bad, so why are the Dems for illegal immigration? They are aiding and abetting the enemy.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, tell us all how they managed to put that money into SS? I'll tell you how---they did it by using stolen IDs (ID theft is a felony) or they used a fake SSN. That fake SSN could well belong to a living person, who like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt.

As for illegals paying taxes---gimme a break! How does an illegal who is getting paid under the table (thereby engaging in tax evasion) pay taxes? Don't tell us how they pay sales taxes---everybody has to pay those, even tourists.

How does an illegal who is living in an overcrowded flophouse pay enough real estate taxes through their meager rent? Where I live, a house has to be assessed at $1 million to pay enough taxes for the education of one child.

Illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give.

I thought you democrats love to say how "woke" you all are. Yet you are all oblivious to the fact that today's democrats are not your grandfather's democrats. Those democrats of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. I'm sure today's dems are laughing themselves sick when they think of how many voters they have duped into thinking they (the dems) still care about them.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, there was I time I expected better from the democrats, and they would come through.

Wake up!
We need to be free of illegal aliens. Just plain old fashion good government.

The illegal alien population makes a huge contribution to our economy by providing services we all use at low rates of pay. Benefits us all. The Dairy industry suggests a 90% increase in the cost of dairy if the illegals are removed. That is something close to 100 billion dollars. Other agricultural and service industries have similar savings.

We need however to be free of illegal aliens regardless of the good they do the economy. And likely the best route is some form of legalization which would spread the impact over a long span.

Other options are absurd. We are not going to take the steps needed to ever remove the illegals. Not even clear we could if we chose to. But we won't go there.

And the continued resistance to resolving the matter and ignoring the main source of new illegals threatens us with an increasing problem down the pike. We need an enforceable immigration situation. And stupidly blocking any rational solution may well make the problem worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies