Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:10 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Look closer. What you should see is an Immigration system that can barely hold the level of Illegal Immigrants at its present 11 million.

So if we wish to actually remove the illegal alien population over say the next decade how big does the Immigration opertion have to become? Twice? Four times? Eight times?

Do you really believe we are willing to do that? That Congress will quadruple or more the spending on Immigration?

Sure you could tighten eVerify. And some percentage would leave. But likely the bigger percentage effected would simply drop to the gray market and vanish. And the grey market is simply a bad thing for the US. We do not need to turn into Greece.
look closer? I've been working in the immigration system for a decade.

the problem right now is California has my hands tie behind my back with their sanctuary state policy (you can guess where I live/work right now)

besides, that's not even the point i'm trying to addressed with my previous post. you are totally off the subject
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 03:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Give it a rest already.

I agree---putting ups signs for the illegals who hang out at Home Depot is a waste of money because most illegals are functionally illiterate.

Spanish was my father's first language. Throughout his life, he refused to "oprime dos" for Spanish because he said---and rightly so --- it has no place in our country.

Again, who are these people that responded to the survey you quoted? No one ever asked me if I wanted a path for citizenship for illegals. How was the question posed? Was it a loaded question written to get the answer that the survey sponsors wanted?
Get your facts straight. The illegals are not illiterate. Around half are high school graduates and virtually all are literate.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:04 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That would be a good start.
I agree - as a Builder in SoCal, who has never hired illegals, you can see the temptation and results. I say prosecute and fine the living daylights out of anyone who hires illegals. Say $100,000 per person, first time offense. Think that would put a halt to the practice?

Old 12-31-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
look closer? I've been working in the immigration system for a decade.

the problem right now is California has my hands tie behind my back with their sanctuary state policy (you can guess where I live/work right now)

besides, that's not even the point i'm trying to addressed with my previous post. you are totally off the subject
You cannot see the forest for the trees. I have been following this area for 40 years or so as an interested observer.

No personal involvement but interested in its impact on S. CA where I lived.

The facts are that there is no way our immigration laws can be enforced. There is simply no where near the necessary resource and there is not going to be. So Sanctuary Cities my impact who gets deported but otherwise no impact on the problem. So you may well find it personally frustrting but it will make ndo difference in the overall outcome

Old 12-31-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
You cannot see the forest for the trees. I have been following this area for 40 years or so as an interested observer.

No personal involvement but interested in its impact on S. CA where I lived.

The facts are that there is no way our immigration laws can be enforced. There is simply no where near the necessary resource and there is not going to be. So Sanctuary Cities my impact who gets deported but otherwise no impact on the problem. So you may well find it personally frustrting but it will make ndo difference in the overall outcome
so you are saying sanctuary state like California implementing their sanctuary policy because they are gravely concern about ICE cannot do their job effectively because "....there is no way our immigration laws can be enforced...." ?

awww, that is super sweet and thoughtful of California politicians. They are placing handcuffs on ICE because they think there is no way ICE cannot enforce immigration law.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
so you are saying sanctuary state like California implementing their sanctuary policy because they are gravely concern about ICE cannot do their job effectively because "....there is no way our immigration laws can be enforced...." ?

awww, that is super sweet and thoughtful of California politicians. They are placing handcuffs on ICE because they think there is no way ICE cannot enforce immigration law.
Welcome to reality. The present immigration system has been in place now for multiple decades. The illegal immigration population peaked in 2007 at around 12 million and dropped a little during the recession.

So how much have you border types reduced the illegal population over the last 13 years? Other than the departure of the Mexicans in the recession it has held nice and stable. Increasing a bit in recent years.

Not the fault of the immigration people. Simply no where near either the resources nor the support to get the job done. So we should fix it. And soon before it gets worse,

Old 12-31-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Welcome to reality. The present immigration system has been in place now for multiple decades. The illegal immigration population peaked in 2007 at around 12 million and dropped a little during the recession.

So how much have you border types reduced the illegal population over the last 13 years? Other than the departure of the Mexicans in the recession it has held nice and stable. Increasing a bit in recent years.

Not the fault of the immigration people. Simply no where near either the resources nor the support to get the job done. So we should fix it. And soon before it gets worse,
yeah sure, there is no resources and it's impossible to enforce our immigration law (you said that) from the feds.

yet, California is up and arms with their sanctuary law & anti-ICE policy.

that makes perfect sense, huh?

Old 12-31-2019, 06:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Do Democrats realize that their party jumped the shark by supporting illegal immigration?
Its not possible to 'jump the shark' without knowing it. Its more likely you don't know what the saying means.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
yeah sure, there is no resources and it's impossible to enforce our immigration law (you said that) from the feds.

yet, California is up and arms with their sanctuary law & anti-ICE policy.

that makes perfect sense, huh?
California and Sanctuary Cities are irrelevant. If they were on your side and pushing the illegals at you there would be no better outcome. So they protect the locals.

You folk should really be leading the charge for an enforceable law. Why you wish to defend an unenforceable one amazes me.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
California and Sanctuary Cities are irrelevant. If they were on your side and pushing the illegals at you there would be no better outcome. So they protect the locals.

You folk should really be leading the charge for an enforceable law. Why you wish to defend an unenforceable one amazes me.
California and Sanctuary Cities are irrelevant in this conversation because it's not good for your argument?

lvmensch/California politicians: hey you Uncle Sam, I think your immigration agents/officers from ICE/CBP cannot enforce immigration law effectively because you don't have resources

ICE/CBP: really? watch this!!

lvmensch/California politicians: hey hey easy CBP/ICE, we are going to put handcuffs on you (figuratively speaking) if you don't slow down with enforcing immigration law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies