Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 01:55 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
When losing the argument, use sarcasm. Now tell me this. Say there was a gun-free church next door with a gunman inside. Which church would you want to be in?
This worked in this situation, the guard was obviously capable, reacted quickly and decisively and I am glad more didn't get killed. But anyone that thinks this is some sort of solution is wrong, this is nothing but a band aide to a serious issue we have in the US unlike any other country. Two people were killed even with the expertise of the guard, and that should be the focus. Anyone that thinks this can just be resolved by adding more guns isn't interested in addressing the problem, we need to address both guns and mental illness and keep these guns out of their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 01:56 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
6 second neutralization - one long distance shot to the head-concealed carry saves lives

Ordinary law-abiding people who are armed, save lives.
Long distance head shot with a handgun? Where do they teach that? Hollywood?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:59 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
The marksmanship displayed by the concealed carrier was incredible. Head shot at 20 yards. One shot one kill. 3 other armed men surrounded the shooter when he was on the ground, some of whom were far from the scene when the shooting started. More people were likely armed as well. I know they all want to protect their fellow church members but I am worried of friendly fire (could come from cops as well) as no knows who's who and doing what. In this case though, no worries as bad guy went down just a couple seconds after his first shots.

The concealed carrier was a firearms instructor. Great shot

Old 12-30-2019, 02:02 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I do not understand why shoot to kill enthusiasts tie their panties in a bunch in this case. The video clearly shows armed "security team" escalating "situation". Everybody would have been alive if not for the church stormtroopers.
Didn't have to be that way.

The headline could have read, "Suspect shoots 23 people in church, keeps reloading until police arrive and kill him".

And from reading your post, I gather that you would prefer it that way.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm sorry -- I did confuse you with this original post --and this is what I was objecting to.

You DO realize that gun crime and homicides have decreased significantly as its become easier to own and carry firearms on your person in most states over the last several decades, right? We can get into an argument about correlation/causation, but the fact remains that the trend is directly opposite to what the anti-gun crowd said it would be.

Amen!!!

Old 12-30-2019, 02:04 PM

2,264 posts, read 973,126 times
Society is degenerating in the US and mental health is declining along with it so the sooner every family arms itself to the teeth and all public places install metal detectors and armed guards at entrances the better.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:10 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Long distance head shot with a handgun? Where do they teach that? Hollywood?
30 foot headshot. Wilson took him down with one shot, Wilson is also 70 years old.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I do not understand why shoot to kill enthusiasts tie their panties in a bunch in this case. The video clearly shows armed "security team" escalating "situation". Everybody would have been alive if not for the church stormtroopers.

Are you ******* kidding me? The shooter had a shotgun and already killed one parishioner. What do you think he was going to do next, sing hymns??

Old 12-30-2019, 02:12 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Speaking of fantasies, you are making up false scenarios.

The video shows the reality.

You seem disappointed that the armed church goers didn't shoot each other.
No, good on him for saving folks.
Not everyone is good at assessing situations.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:12 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
40 foot headshot. Wilson took him down with one shot, Wilson is also 70 years old.
That's why I say hey man nice shot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies