Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 07:15 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One has died and the another is in critical condition. The "good guy with a gun" couldn't save those.

The US is becoming a war zone wherever we go!

I agree. Whose to say, "the a good guy took down a bad,they both could be bad guys with guns."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 07:19 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Whose to say, "the a good guy took down a bad,they both could be bad guys with guns."
The perp had a long rap sheet.

We are all fortunate he will not have the opportunity to lengthen it.

I realize it disappoints the SJW lefties that they lack a 25-50 victim massacre at a Church yesterday to crow about.

A good guy with gun insured that did not occur.

I do not attend a church, but if I did, I would request a security detail to be at all services. Just as their is security at a concert or sporting even-same reason-large crowds need security from monsters.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:24 PM

797 posts, read 239,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes he is a skilled gun owner. Not all of them are.
True, and clearly apparent by at least one novice parishioner I noticed pointing his weapon at fellow parishioners while moving to the front of the church.

A true professional with formal training would have had their weapon drawn and ready, but would have been directing the barrel downwards, not in the direction of fellow parishioners.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:50 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Of course there is a danger in that especially when the cops show up and have no idea who the shooter is.

Still if given the option wouldn't you rather have a good guy with a gun engage the bad guy? If the good guy takes out the bad then that is a win for everyone there. If the good guy can stop the bad guy even just for a few minutes as gunfire is exchanged it might give potential victims enough time to get away to safety.

Good people have to have the chance to protect themselves and others it is a Right granted to us by the Second amendment and a Right that the Left is trying to take away.
I think gun rights are important.

The man obviously is a responsible owner.

I’m just going after the mentality that some people believe that if just anyone can own a gun, things would be safer.
So no Im jot criticizing the guy who stopped the shooter. Kudos to him.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:56 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Opps. Wait. What's this? It's Joe Biden. He was against allowing people this right to defend themselves.

Slamming Texas for the very decision allowing church goers the right to carry guns in church. Slamming the state for a decision that saved a lot of lives. What do you think Joe would be saying if a dozen people had been killed?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...29055830151168

Quid Pro Joe - Guaranteed to be 100% on the wrong side of just about everything. Going on for 50 years now.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:31 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I think gun rights are important.

The man obviously is a responsible owner.

I’m just going after the mentality that some people believe that if just anyone can own a gun, things would be safer.
So no Im jot criticizing the guy who stopped the shooter. Kudos to him.
This particular case it worked, right person, right time and professional shooter. That will not always be the case.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:43 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
I wonder how long that church will survive.
I know I sure wouldn't want to go back there the following Sunday after that much trauma the week before.

They can clean the blood off the walls, but they won't ever be able to clean the images or the memories of that shoot-out from the member's minds.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:45 PM

30,649 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I wonder how long that church will survive.
I know I sure wouldn't want to go back there the following Sunday after that much trauma the week before.

They can clean the blood off the walls, but they won't ever be able to clean the images or the memories of that shoot-out from the member's minds.
I'd gladly go back and thank God that we have a security team willing to put their lives on the line to defend and protect us worshipers.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:46 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This particular case it worked, right person, right time and professional shooter. That will not always be the case.
It'll be the case often enough to justify it because it being the case even once is enough to justify it.

The alternative is listening to morons like Biden and Beto and allowing the gunman to kill dozens while waiting on the police.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:51 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The perp had a long rap sheet.

We are all fortunate he will not have the opportunity to lengthen it.

I realize it disappoints the SJW lefties that they lack a 25-50 victim massacre at a Church yesterday to crow about.
Gross mischaracterization of the left. The left is asserting that perhaps there is a better way to prevent tragedies than to arm everyone. I think it is a legitimate question and something we should all be interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies