Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 05:07 PM

30,642 posts, read 18,249,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Let's be more specific and truthful.......the man who was able to take down the shooter (who already shot two people) was a skilled and knowledgeable gun owner.

Concealed carry does not require a specific skill level and not any yahoo could have done what he did.....

It is good that the church was able to assign church security to someone who was skilled.
I dare say your fears are not supported by the reality on the ground. Tell us where law abiding concealed carriers are out there killing others because of a lack of "skill."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 05:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's shameful how you were treated. I've lost some acquaintances (not true friendships) over my political beliefs, in particular over my support for President Trump (though some have shunned me for my beliefs pre-Trump). Quite frankly, while its depressing in some ways that this is how people you think you know and love will treat you this way, part of me would be glad to get rid of such toxicity. Quite frankly, I'm too old to deal with such childishness.
I know what you mean, but yes, it makes me sad that if I am going to continue to be friends with this person, who I have known and loved for years and years, apparently I am expected to put up with this stuff. I've definitely distanced myself from her. We'll see how things turn out. I don't need that sort of drama in my life, that's for sure.

Honestly, it's her loss too. I've been a good friend to her over the years. Oh well.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
He was a firearms instructor who practiced what he preached

Thank God he was there
And if Democrats like Biden, O'Rourke, and others--who criticized Texas for passing the law that clarified that law abiding citizens could carry concealed in church (Biden called it "irrational" ), we'd likely be looking at far more than two innocents killed.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:46 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Incredible example of remaining cool and focused in an exceptionally stressful and dangerous situation. Texas church security officer Jack Wilson, describes the six seconds when a suspect opened fire inside the church.

From a distance of around 50 feet Mr. Wilson fired a single round at the attacker resulting in an immediate kill-shot to the head. Remarkable Interview:

“I killed evil”…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuOE...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-30-2019, 05:59 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And if Democrats like Biden, O'Rourke, and others--who criticized Texas for passing the law that clarified that law abiding citizens could carry concealed in church (Biden called it "irrational" ), we'd likely be looking at far more than two innocents killed.
But Biden, O'Rourke, et. al. would be very pleased.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Incredible example of remaining cool and focused in an exceptionally stressful and dangerous situation. Texas church security officer Jack Wilson, describes the six seconds when a suspect opened fire inside the church.

From a distance of around 50 feet Mr. Wilson fired a single round at the attacker resulting in an immediate kill-shot to the head. Remarkable Interview:

“I killed evil”…

Excellent video. Its amazing to see Mr. Wilson take out "evil" and then calmly provide a rundown of what happened/what was going through his head/what he and his team knew about the shooter before shots were fired. I'm thankful that Mr. Wilson was there.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
But Biden, O'Rourke, et. al. would be very pleased.
Sadly, you're right. Had there been more bloodshed, Biden and company could and would be engaging in more sick, partisan attacks and pushing for an increase in do-nothing gun control laws and gun free zone signs.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

“I killed evil”…

Mr. Wilson is running for County Commissioner in Texas:

https://www.facebook.com/Jack-Wilson...8631773948832/

I don't live in Texas, but I plan on making a campaign donation!

Old 12-30-2019, 07:08 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know what you mean, but yes, it makes me sad that if I am going to continue to be friends with this person, who I have known and loved for years and years, apparently I am expected to put up with this stuff. I've definitely distanced myself from her. We'll see how things turn out. I don't need that sort of drama in my life, that's for sure.

Honestly, it's her loss too. I've been a good friend to her over the years. Oh well.
I'm buy him some Play Doh, maybe a teddy bear. It might help his TDS.

I have threatened liberal relatives with that when they carry on too much.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:10 PM

797 posts, read 239,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
No.
I just feel like it’s important to be cautious about making people think they can be potential heroes because they’ve got a gun.
Trying to fulfill some John Wayne fantasy...
Well said, and isn't that the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies