Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 12:35 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,123,803 times

Advertisements

Stupid, stupid post. Most of these jobs would just end up mechanized, like in Japan, or as another poster said, some one would take them at a fair wage. Slave labor immigration is preventing the society of the future.

We are paying through the nose for illegal immigrants. We are paying for their children to be educated. we are paying for them to treat our emergency rooms as drop in clinics. We are paying for their crime (yes, they are committing a vastly disproportionate amount of crime, despite your bull**** propaganda) we are paying for them to be on benefits (oh yes, they are), and we are paying by having rule of law made a mockery. Worse still, we are paying by having our society altered into something in which plantation politics is the norm.

The time is rapidly coming when this is no longer going to be an issue for discussion.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:38 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Moratorium

Old 01-18-2020, 01:43 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Agreed. When I was working I’m construction, all the hard workers were immigrants and they did it with good attitude and a smile. Few Americans willing to work these jobs and the ones who do don’t even want to be there and complain all the time. We are spoiled and entitled in this country. We need to make it easier for hard working immigrants to get in this country, we need their hard work and entrepreneurial spirit.
Things are way different than they used to be. When I was a kid we all had Summer work on the farms and ranches. Working cattle, bucking hay, picking onions or garlic, whatever was needed.

It was hard hot dirty work but it was work and work meant money. Which we all needed for one reason or another. These days kids around here all want jobs with climate control if they work at all.

They all seem to think they're all worth more than minimum wage to no matter what the job. Sheesh minimum wage was a buck 25 an hour when I got my first job. That was cleaning stables on a horse ranch.

And I still had all my home chores on our own spread to do with the horses and cattle. The dogs and varn cats were my responsibility too. And then there was always homework from school.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:53 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Immigration. Hot button issue, everyone blames immigrations for all of our problems. If only we stopped immigration, we would have a beautiful country full of Americans prospering. Except, ah, you kind of have that now. Americans continue to get richer . . . .
Wrong. Americans are getting poorer. How could you possibly claim otherwise?

Old 01-18-2020, 01:54 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,759,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What utter BS! Most Americans are not lazy and will work for a fair wage!

A large number of white, rural Americans are pretty lazy. They like to get on disability. Or they don't like to do hard labor (but when you don't even have a high school degree, then you should be doing hard labor).

Old 01-18-2020, 01:56 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
A large number of white, rural Americans are pretty lazy. They like to get on disability. Or they don't like to do hard labor (but when you don't even have a high school degree, then you should be doing hard labor).
Agreed, it is hard to hire help for manual labor.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
The reality is this, there are jobs. But Americans don’t want to take them, because they are lazy.
Econ 101: If you want to buy something (like labor) you have to pay the market price. If you can't find a seller, you need to increase your offer until you do.

They're not lazy. You're cheap.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Agreed. When I was working I’m construction, all the hard workers were immigrants and they did it with good attitude and a smile. Few Americans willing to work these jobs . . . .
You're out of your mind. Almost all men are willing to work construction. They just expect to be paid the market rate. The reason illegals are doing the work is that they will work for sub-market pay.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Econ 101: If you want to buy something (like labor) you have to pay the market price. If you can't find a seller, you need to increase your offer until you do.

They're not lazy. You're cheap.

That's more of a corporate/director/management problem then. The upper management wants to keep more money to themselves, and most of them are white Americans. By keeping wages low, only poor immigrants will take the jobs, keeping the white Americans rich. Get the picture?

Old 01-18-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You're out of your mind. Almost all men are willing to work construction. They just expect to be paid the market rate. The reason illegals are doing the work is that they will work for sub-market pay.

Then why not blame the American who is hiring all of these people to work a lower wage? The upper management sees dollar signs $$$ in his head while doing this, but he/she could care less about the actual American. So why blame the immigrant? It's clear who the culprit is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies