Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2020, 02:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's hard for me to believe this battle is still continuing. I would have thought by now that people agreed that women had the right to make decisions about their own bodies. I would have thought by now that conservatives would have realized the bad results on abortion bans: More unwanted poor children, more likely to be deprived when young, more likely to be a drag on their city as adults. Keep in mind that most of the anti-abortion people tend to be Republicans, who claim to be against government legislating people's lives.

The New Front Line of the Anti-Abortion Movement.
As rural health care flounders, crisis pregnancy centers are gaining ground.

By Eliza Griswold

After Pence became governor, he signed a bill prohibiting private insurance plans from covering abortions in most cases. In 2015, he launched an investigation of Planned Parenthood’s fetal-tissue-disposal practices. (The investigation found no wrongdoing.) That year, Pence gave $3.5 million to Real Alternatives, a Pennsylvania-based anti-abortion organization that supports C.P.C.s. The funding was diverted from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, a state-run federal program intended to clothe and feed children and to create initiatives that help prevent “non-marital childbearing.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...rtion-movement
why should any insurance (private or government, or government grants) cover abortions....

you chose to have unprotected sex...you choose to have an abortion... then pay for your choice out of pocket....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 03:31 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why should any insurance (private or government, or government grants) cover abortions....

you chose to have unprotected sex...you choose to have an abortion... then pay for your choice out of pocket....
Ok. And if you choose to smoke, pay for your lung cancer treatment yourself. If you choose to get in a car and have a wreck, that’s on you too. Decide to have a baby? Not my choice, get set to pony up for all medical expenses for you and the kid. Have a heart attack shoveling snow? Well how dumb of you to do that. You get that bill too.

Old 02-16-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Ok. And if you choose to smoke, pay for your lung cancer treatment yourself. If you choose to get in a car and have a wreck, that’s on you too. Decide to have a baby? Not my choice, get set to pony up for all medical expenses for you and the kid. Have a heart attack shoveling snow? Well how dumb of you to do that. You get that bill too.
sounds fine by me

Old 02-16-2020, 03:49 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
sounds fine by me
Until you get the bill for your triple bypass

Old 02-16-2020, 04:16 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Or childbirth!

Old 02-16-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
nope...

its your health...

its your body...

its the service you received....

its your bill.... don't expect ANYONE to pay your own bill.... its called personal responsibility

Old 02-16-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Or childbirth!
did just that... my late wife's child was an emergency C-section... bill was just over 10k...

we paid it out of pocket, over time....

and at the time, I only made about 14/hr

Old 02-16-2020, 04:35 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
nope...

its your health...

its your body...

its the service you received....

its your bill.... don't expect ANYONE to pay your own bill.... its called personal responsibility
Quote:
did just that... my late wife's child was an emergency C-section... bill was just over 10k...

Most folks like medical insurance so they don’t go bankrupt paying for their health care. It’s a perk for a lot of working people.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:42 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Most folks like medical insurance so they don’t go bankrupt paying for their health care. It’s a perk for a lot of working people.
Or, so they can, you know, stay alive! I know this forum is home to very, very wealthy people but not everyone can afford to treat cancer out of pocket.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:57 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:

and at the time, I only made about 14/hr
Clearly long ago. Current cost for a C-Section is over 50k.

And if you don’t think insurance should pay for childbirth, you’re making a great case for abortion which averages $650. Which do you think people without the means to spend 30k to 50k on childbirth would choose??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies