Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2020, 08:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
and Obamacare is a perk for non working people. Why is it so unpopular?
That is an entirely separate thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Ah, the circle round to it's not living, it's not alive, it isn't growing or developing. If it weren't living, there would be no need for an abortion, right?
Nope.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:09 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Abortion is considered a "controversial issue" for good reason. It IS controversial. No matter how long and loud either side screams their viewpoint, the fact remains that both sides have some valid points. Both sides of ANY controversial issue have pro's and con's, a mix of short- and long-term benefits and problems.

For anyone to believe that their opinion on such matters trumps all others is, quite frankly, immature, and demonstrates a lack of deep critical thinking and understanding of the big picture.

How can anyone truly believe that THEY somehow possess the wisdom and insight, and even the RIGHT, to declare that millions of intelligent people, who happen to hold a different opinion on any CONTROVERSIAL issue, are flat-out wrong, stupid, or immoral?

Very few things in this world are black and white, most certainly not the issue of abortion.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:47 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
There are 250,000 cases of appendicitis each year in the US. Mortality rate varies between 0.2% and 0.8%, depending on patient populations; mortality in the elderly may be as high as 20%.

There are 3,800,000 live births each year in the US. Mortality rate of mothers is about 0.0002%.

Show of hands:
How many of you screaming about the death rate of mothers has had your appendix removed since that mortality rate is 1000x higher?
Aren't you terrified that you are going to die?
Why aren't you demanding everyone get their appendix removed?

Because ... abortion ... must make sure abortion ... need more dead babies ...

https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...95-overview#a6
https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...95-overview#a7
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/births.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...dmortality.htm
Then instead of spending time on here likely convincing nobody, why aren't you outside of an abortion clinic trying to block pregnant women from entering or at least waving a sign in their faces? I don't do it because a woman's unwanted pregnancy is none of my business. If she changes her mind and chooses to have the child, I won't be the least unhappy about it.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Abortion is considered a "controversial issue" for good reason. It IS controversial. No matter how long and loud either side screams their viewpoint, the fact remains that both sides have some valid points. Both sides of ANY controversial issue have pro's and con's, a mix of short- and long-term benefits and problems.

For anyone to believe that their opinion on such matters trumps all others is, quite frankly, immature, and demonstrates a lack of deep critical thinking and understanding of the big picture.

How can anyone truly believe that THEY somehow possess the wisdom and insight, and even the RIGHT, to declare that millions of intelligent people, who happen to hold a different opinion on any CONTROVERSIAL issue, are flat-out wrong, stupid, or immoral?

Very few things in this world are black and white, most certainly not the issue of abortion.
And that is why the decision to abort or carry to term should be left to a woman and her doctor.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Ah, the circle round to it's not living, it's not alive, it isn't growing or developing. If it weren't living, there would be no need for an abortion, right?

The idea of "potential life" is false. Illogical. Made up euphemism so women could be brainwashed into thinking abortion does not kill babies. And it's been successful, I'll give you that.

But it's a 100% falsehood. Abortion kills babies.

If being pregnant, means a woman is having a baby, and she has an abortion ... where does the baby go since (according to YOU) the abortion doesn't kill babies?

She still has the baby, right?

PS. You mean like a toddler is a potential adult? The toddler really isn't human yet until it becomes an adult and can drink, drive, serve in the military, and vote? Why not make your arbitrary timeline stopping point there? Since toddlers are well incapable of caring for themselves, too?
Once again, you are WRONG. Abortion does not kill babies. Could a pregnant woman who can't wait to become a mother have a doctor remove her 4 month old fetus and so she could start taking care of it as a baby? No.

So once again do you want all abortion banned in this country. Once again, the answer from me is NO!

Old 02-17-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
It seems most unpopular with people not on it, such as President Trump.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:39 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then instead of spending time on here likely convincing nobody, why aren't you outside of an abortion clinic trying to block pregnant women from entering or at least waving a sign in their faces? I don't do it because a woman's unwanted pregnancy is none of my business. If she changes her mind and chooses to have the child, I won't be the least unhappy about it.
Truth. It’s not your business or mine or anyones other than the pregnant woman. And no one that supports pro-choice limits that choice to abortion. Have the baby and keep it. Have the baby and put it up for adoption. Or have an abortion. Your body, your choice.

It’s often been asked of forced birthers how a woman choosing abortion directly effects them. Reality is, it doesn’t. But, it sure does seem to offend their sense that they’re the rightful moral arbiters of the world. I guess it’s hard when you know YOUR opinion is right not to have the rest of the world agree.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:44 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
I’m getting a T-shirt made that says “Ask me about my aborted Septuagenerian”.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:55 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Another topic completely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies