Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2020, 10:54 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sad thing is most if not all of these women they service are poor so not likely to file any lawsuit or complaint and this behavior will continue. I agree this is an ethical violation. Its shameful that in 2020 the medical profession is still not only dismissing and downplaying women's health but downright intentionally misinforming them.
I do not think it is "the medical profession" as a whole doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 06:41 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not the entire medical profession but its well known that through out history physicians, especially male, and nurses have dismissed and downplayed women's health issues, especially reproduction issues. That could even explain why the US had one of the highest maternal mortality rates on any developed country.
As far as the CPC, IMO they are masquerading under the guise of the medical profession.

Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I agree.
It is not the medical profession...that was the point of my posts in this thread. These CPCs are staffed with lay religious zealots and their services only masquerade as health care. There is nothing healthy or medical about them. Mental or physical. A church group purchases a sonogram machine, and some incendiary pamphlets and off they go...no one licensed in anything. Well maybe they possess drivers licenses.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:19 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Biology has already established that life begins at conception.

To say otherwise is a POLITICAL position. Not based in science. Anti-science. Science denial.

Explain the different outcomes when comparing an abortion that kills a 10-week-old in the womb vs one that kills a 30-week-old in the womb.

Is there a DIFFERENT OUTCOME? No? Same exact outcome? Yep.

Abortion kills babies. Life begins at conception. To deny this is to deny SCIENCE.

The ONLY reason this has become an argument is to brainwash women that abortion does not kill babies. And it has been successful, unfortunately. But women are wising up now. More women are pro life than pro choice today. It's partly why abortion is such a hot topic. PP knows it is losing ground so has doubled-tripled-quadrupled up on the marketing, and I would say that the majority of prochoice women truly believe that they speak for all women when they don't.

+1

Great post. Absolutely agree.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:23 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I agree.
It is not the medical profession...that was the point of my posts in this thread. These CPCs are staffed with lay religious zealots and their services only masquerade as health care. There is nothing healthy or medical about them. Mental or physical. A church group purchases a sonogram machine, and some incendiary pamphlets and off they go...no one licensed in anything. Well maybe they possess drivers licenses.
Do you agree historically and even currently that the medical profession has dismissed and downplayed women's health issues?

Sorry if I was confusing. I was not referring to the CPC as as the medical profession, just that in addition to the medical professions historical attitude towards women's reproductive health we still have organizations like the CPC misinforming women about their healthcare for their own agenda and disregarding their actual health care concerns.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovorlando
God said "Life begins at conception."
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

I don't recall that passage in the Bible. Can you point me to it or is it in another Holy book?
Obviously, we all know it doesn't say that in the bible, lol. .

That's because according to the bible, life actually begins before conception. It was science that declared life begins at conception.

The bible verse most referenced is what God said in Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Old 02-21-2020, 11:36 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Obviously, we all know it doesn't say that in the bible, lol. .

That's because according to the bible, life actually begins before conception. It was science that declared life begins at conception.

The bible verse most referenced is what God said in Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
What about those of us who don't espouse your fairy tales?

Old 02-21-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What about those of us who don't espouse your fairy tales?
They're not mine, so I really don't care what you do.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:50 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your question is a logical fallacy.
Ask one that is not a fallacy.
If it wasn't for fallacious arguments, they would have no arguments at all.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Biology has already established that life begins at conception.

To say otherwise is a POLITICAL position. Not based in science. Anti-science. Science denial.

Explain the different outcomes when comparing an abortion that kills a 10-week-old in the womb vs one that kills a 30-week-old in the womb.

Is there a DIFFERENT OUTCOME? No? Same exact outcome? Yep.

Abortion kills babies. Life begins at conception. To deny this is to deny SCIENCE.

The ONLY reason this has become an argument is to brainwash women that abortion does not kill babies. And it has been successful, unfortunately. But women are wising up now. More women are pro life than pro choice today. It's partly why abortion is such a hot topic. PP knows it is losing ground so has doubled-tripled-quadrupled up on the marketing, and I would say that the majority of prochoice women truly believe that they speak for all women when they don't.
Fine. Abortion kills babies.

So do guns.

Sometimes there are problems for which there is no perfect solution, and lives will be lost.

Preserving the right to own a weapon means some people will use those weapons to kill other people, even children, even babies.

Preserving the right to keep your body and your reproductive system free from control of the government means that some people will abort their babies and those babies will die.

You want to save those babies? Advocate for accurate sex education (you know, SCIENCE!), and cheap and easy access to birth control. Advocate for social programs that support women who want to keep their babiest but struggle economically. Advocate for cheaper adoptions. Advocate for anything that actually reduces the number of unwanted pregnancies and unwanted births.

Because get this through your head: You will not stop abortions by making them illegal. You may make it harder, and you may make it more dangerous, but you will NEVER NEVER NEVER create a world in which no woman ever aborts a pregnancy. Women who don't want to give birth will find a way, as they have since the beginning of time.

So either you want to actually solve the problem you claim to care so much about or you just want to impose your religious beliefs on everyone else and I'm quite confident which it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies